Papa Roach

Glen

Here's the latest from Jerry Horton of Papa Roach on the new album 'Metamorphosis' due for release this September............

"Hey, Everybody, Jerry here. We are a little more than halfway done, and so far, everything is sounding great. I know you guys are gonna ask me what it sounds like, and you really won't know until you hear it, but I could give you an idea.... The harder stuff is harder, but more melodic (but not without its screams), the mellow stuff is not as polished as previous records, and the rockin stuff has riffs for days, with the signature P-Roach bounce. We know you guys will love it, because we are stoked about it. We are being meticulous about everything, and sometimes it makes us crazy, but it will all be worth it in the end. ROCK!"

:banger:

Fuck me I cant wait :bananamac: - what's the bets this blows very other modern release this year out of the water. Odds on I reckon

Cheers

Glen

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so nervous about this one. After 'The paramour sessions', like you, Glen, I am literally expecting this thing to blow my f*cking head off and just destroy everything that's been released so far this year.

I have to admit, in modern rock there have been about 20 really good releases, but there's still not one that has just floored me and splattered my brains against the wall. I really, really want this to be the one that does it. Damn I hate expecting so much from an album... it just opens the door for disappointment. I have faith in these guys, though.

i am so uninterested in this, i just cant get into modern rock personally...

'The paramour sessions' was no more "modern" than Motley Crue's latest. If they continue on from that album, there's no reason we won't be able to discuss this band in a "Hard Rock' thread by next year.

In all honesty, Bon Jovi might still have a bit of respect if they were still able to write anthems like 'Forever' or 'Reckless'. :)

I will get this by sight, loved the last album - though cutting out some of the earlier songs & making it a 10-track disc would've helped IMO....

'The paramour sessions' was no more "modern" than Motley Crue's latest. If they continue on from that album, there's no reason we won't be able to discuss this band in a "Hard Rock' thread by next year.

In all honesty, Bon Jovi might still have a bit of respect if they were still able to write anthems like 'Forever' or 'Reckless'. :)

:agree:

maybe, but i wonder how many country fans are listening to Bon Jovi with your comments and how many old Papa Roach fans are calling them sellouts...

maybe, but i wonder how many country fans are listening to Bon Jovi with your comments and how many old Papa Roach fans are calling them sellouts...

Well frankly both bands "sold-out", but then that's not the biggest crime in the world as a band should evolve. However only one of them is still making decent/listenable music....

Backed..'The paramour sessions' is a fucking great release.... :banger:

Well frankly both bands "sold-out", but then that's not the biggest crime in the world as a band should evolve. However only one of them is still making decent/listenable music....

In your opinion, you only say that because you, personally, like the style that Papa Roach has adopted...

In your opinion, you only say that because you, personally, like the style that Papa Roach has adopted...

Well they both clearly "sold out", & I liked both bands before they changed their style but the only one I like now is PAPA ROACH....

Interesting after reading the outside songwriters thread that Mitch Allan (SR-71) is involved on the new Papa Roach CD. Not sure in what capacity but apparently he has co-written a few songs.

Gets better and better! :drink:

Interesting after reading the outside songwriters thread that Mitch Allan (SR-71) is involved on the new Papa Roach CD. Not sure in what capacity but apparently he has co-written a few songs.

Gets better and better! :drink:

Wow, now that is very interesting. I wonder if Dave (LV KIX) is onto this.

*Down, erection!*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Confirmed working titles

"Broke Down, Beat Down"

"Carry Me"

"Change or Die"

"Had Enough"

"Hollywood Whore"

"I Almost Told You That I Loved You"

"Into the Light"

"Lifeline"

"March Out of the Darkness"

"Metamorphosis"

Possible inclusions

"State of Emergency"

Confirmed working titles

"Broke Down, Beat Down"

"Carry Me"

"Change or Die"

"Had Enough"

"Hollywood Whore"

"Into the Light"

"Lifeline"

"Metamorphosis"

Possible inclusions

"State of Emergency"

When is this thing coming out? They played I almost told you that I loved you live this year and it was awesome!

Confirmed working titles

"Broke Down, Beat Down"

"Carry Me"

"Change or Die"

"Had Enough"

"Hollywood Whore"

"Into the Light"

"Lifeline"

"Metamorphosis"

Possible inclusions

"State of Emergency"

When is this thing coming out? They played I almost told you that I loved you live this year and it was awesome!

pushed back to 1st quarter 09 now.

This new stuff sounds almost Glam Rock, to go along with their new image. Not bad. I really liked most of "The Paramour Sessions" but it took quite a few songs to get going....

I wonder if the people here who apparently hate the band so much have any idea what they actually sound like these days. :)

And Mr. Dark Star, they have improved 1000% since the 'Last Resort' days... you should revisit them, mate. ;)

I wonder if the people here who apparently hate the band so much have any idea what they actually sound like these days. :)

And Mr. Dark Star, they have improved 1000% since the 'Last Resort' days... you should revisit them, mate. ;)

Backed...the last album is awesome & a billion light years ahead of that rap-rock shit they started out doing.