Banshee CD's Available

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got all mine today, and they are shitty ass cdr's. I am pissed all 3 are fucking cdr's not silver pressed.

Oh that's great news. :( I'm still waiting on my order, but not so much now.

...That's right, all 3 Banshee albums (Cry In The Night, Race Against Time, & Take 'Em By Storm) are all available here, silver pressed:

http://www.bansheerocks.com/store.htm

Must be lies as all 3 cd's I received today are cdr's and even say so on the inner ring of the cdr. A lovely green tint.

Sorry guys...I'm the one that posted that these were silver pressed. That's what the band told me. I didn't even pay attention to my copy when it arrived. It went straight from the mailbox to my cd player. I've emailed the band but haven't heard back yet.

Here's the email I received when I first contacted the band:

"Hey Matt

These are pressed on Silver CDs with screen painted fronts and new Banshee art work!

Hope you enjoy!

Thanks

Tommy Flood"

Nice...another scumbag liar. :2up:

• 2023 Gold Donors

Heard the artwork is pretty piss-poor on these...good band,but they probably reunited because they're behind on their child support payments.The fact they claim to be the "best metal band to come out of the midwest" leaves me in stitches... :crazy:

I got my Cry In The Night today and yes, they are CD-Rs, but the packaging isn't as bad as I was envisioning. Definitely not like your typical store bought CD, but definitely better than the Retrospect CD-Rs releases I've seen (not knocking Retrospect, I just know a lot of people have seen their releases on the board so I'm just using the quality of their CD-R releases as an example). Definitely not the best but not the worse either. My CD is silkscreened and the artwork is a little washed out. It is a simple 2 page booklet with lyrics printed inside. However the sound quality is very good since Cry In The Night was only available on cassette and vinyl until now. So I'm happy just to have this on CD finally with good sound quality even if it is a CD-R (but I do wish they would have pressed these on silver CDs). However I'm not sure how the sound quality compares on Take Em By Storm and Race Against Time since I already owned these to begin with and didn't have to order the reissues. So I would recommend buying Cry In The Night just based on the fact that this is the only way to get it in CD format with good CD quality sound and find originals of their 2nd and 3rd release.

Guest Banshee

Hi Everyone!

I just found out about the issues with these CDs. We were under the impression they were silver pressed, as they needed a Glass Master CD to start production. Well after Brian emailed this week I investigated the matter. I was rather upset as well. We tried the re-issues to see if there was still an interest in our music and the response has been outstanding!

Here's the response I got from our manufacturer:

"To get Replicated glass mastered CD with most manufacturers you have to get 1,000 units made.

The media used for short runs is a CDR which is virtually indistinguishable from stamped media in color and appearance on the writable surface. The printed side has high resolution printing with a waterproof coating which will stand the test of time.

These are a unique type of CD that are made using a proprietary system.

I have never heard of one of the unopened CDs being scratched."

We did not start out with 1000 of each with this run, but we fully intend to when we order more after Rocklahoma. We have everything tied up financially right now, in the show. Although we did not have to Pay to Play as many other bands did, we do have to cover all of our own expenses. So, we won't be ordering again until we can recoup what we're spending now.

To clarify, these are Silver CDRs, not silver pressed. They are of a higher quality than the typical CDR though, as others have noted. We will continue to sell them until they are gone, as we need the gas money. We have two tour buses, gas and our crew to pay for yet for the festival.

We do intend to have silver pressed CDs by the end of the summer, though. I'll be sure to drop by here and let you know when we get them in.

Again, I sincerely apologize for any issues you may have had with these re-issues. Personally I can't tell the difference, as they are silver, not green or blue. I'm not sure where the one poster is seeing green unless it is a reflection. The quality of the sound is much improved from our original releases. The digital remastering went a long way in bringing out more of our sound. I've been happy listening to my own copies as I've been practicing.

As for Tommy's email - he wasn't lieing, he was just stating what I had told him and I had believed. We stand corrected and humbled.

Thanks so much for bringing this issue to our attention! Our fans keep us going and it's great to see you so excited to hear us again. It makes it all worth it.

Oh btw, that's me selling the $14.99 versions on eBay with free shipping.

Terry Dunn

Lead Guitar - Banshee

http://www.BansheeRocks.com

I guess it's a good thing this band never did anything for me. And... I sure as Hell will not be making any type of effort to see them while I'm at Rocklahoma.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Everyone!

I just found out about the issues with these CDs. We were under the impression they were silver pressed, as they needed a Glass Master CD to start production. Well after Brian emailed this week I investigated the matter. I was rather upset as well. We tried the re-issues to see if there was still an interest in our music and the response has been outstanding!

"To get Replicated glass mastered CD with most manufacturers you have to get 1,000 units made.

The media used for short runs is a CDR which is virtually indistinguishable from stamped media in color and appearance on the writable surface. The printed side has high resolution printing with a waterproof coating which will stand the test of time.

We did not start out with 1000 of each with this run, but we fully intend to when we order more after Rocklahoma. We have everything tied up financially right now, in the show. Although we did not have to Pay to Play as many other bands did, we do have to cover all of our own expenses. So, we won't be ordering again until we can recoup what we're spending now.

To clarify, these are Silver CDRs, not silver pressed. They are of a higher quality than the typical CDR though, as others have noted. We will continue to sell them until they are gone, as we need the gas money. We have two tour buses, gas and our crew to pay for yet for the festival.

We do intend to have silver pressed CDs by the end of the summer, though. I'll be sure to drop by here and let you know when we get them in.

Again, I sincerely apologize for any issues you may have had with these re-issues. Personally I can't tell the difference, as they are silver, not green or blue. I'm not sure where the one poster is seeing green unless it is a reflection. The quality of the sound is much improved from our original releases. The digital remastering went a long way in bringing out more of our sound. I've been happy listening to my own copies as I've been practicing.

As for Tommy's email - he wasn't lieing, he was just stating what I had told him and I had believed. We stand corrected and humbled.

Thanks so much for bringing this issue to our attention! Our fans keep us going and it's great to see you so excited to hear us again. It makes it all worth it.

Terry Dunn

Lead Guitar - Banshee

I read somewhere that you guys are reissuing "Take Em by Storm" and "Crying in the Night" on some other label in February.

Is this true?

If so will the 3 cds still be silver pressed in August and sold on your website?

The CDs that were sold at Rocklahoma were CDRs also. Didn't look like they were selling very well either.

Has anyone heard when/if these are gonna be silver pressed in the near future...?

So what were some of the big sellers at Rocklahoma? I'm assuming XYZ and Pretty Boy Floyd moved a ton of merch.

Just a guess... But as far as Retrospect goes, I'd say:

Keel

XYZ

Pair-A-Dice

Mariah

As far as others, my guess would be:

Pretty Boy Floyd - based on autograph line

Steelheart - also based on autograph line

Texas Hippie Co. - Not sure why, but tons of people were asking me about thier merch.

Tesla

Those are guesses...but from what I observed I'd say that is pretty close.

Here's the email I received when I first contacted the band:

"Hey Matt

These are pressed on Silver CDs with screen painted fronts and new Banshee art work!

Hope you enjoy!

Thanks

Tommy Flood"

Nice...another scumbag liar. :2up:

Same did ROULETTE band with me! They said they thought that CDRS from band are ORIGINALS cuz band sells them!

I bought 5 for all my friends and still own them coz i really ashamed to sell them!

Hi Everyone!

Terry Dunn

Lead Guitar - Banshee

OMG! now i see - why idiots like these were suck and Bon Jovi still so HUGE!

"tied up financially right now, in the show"??? oh really? and people must buy shitty cdrs coz your family out of money and you are so kewl dumb musician who dont know WHERE to print NORMAL ORIGINAL CD???? watta idiot!

"Personally I can't tell the difference, as they are silver, not green or blue. I'm not sure where the one poster is seeing green unless it is a reflection. these are Silver CDRs"- ARE YOU AN IDIOT???? or this is something new in cd manufactory buisiness!

read my lips - whole planet call it - GREEN CDRS!!! and i can make at home and sell instead of you, dumb idiot! and maximum price from the band must be $5 for these green pieces if shit INCLUDING SHIPPING. Do you know, dumb ass, that blank cdr costs $0.2 in a supermarket and we all can record your album on it, make a print and make inserts much better than yours? why we should pay to you? got the idea endly? lol

"he was just stating what I had told him and I had believed." - ARE YOU SO DUMB AND EVEN DIDNT OPENED ONE TO SEE WHAT YOU GET?????????????????!!!! LOL LOL LOL

im cryin laughin now.....ahahahaha

one more thing to know to you all: THESE CDRS GETTIN OLD MUCH FASTER THAN ORIGINAL CDS(for Banshee guitar idiot: like Bon Jovi or Shania Twain cds)! If you use some good decks like Thechniks for listenin music - you will have problems with these cdrs in next 3-5years.

We will continue to sell them until they are gone, as we need the gas money. We have two tour buses, gas and our crew to pay for yet for the festival.

Oh really, you need pay gas??? and we must pay for your gas with buyin fake products???? lol

original cds will you release in august??? WILL YOU SEND THEM FOR FREE TO EVERYBODY WHO BOUGHT SHITTY CDR?????

We will continue to sell them until they are gone, as we need the gas money. We have two tour buses, gas and our crew to pay for yet for the festival.

Oh really, you need pay gas??? and we must pay for your gas with buyin fake products???? lol

original cds will you release in august??? WILL YOU SEND THEM FOR FREE TO EVERYBODY WHO BOUGHT SHITTY CDR?????

Settle down... read all the other posts above before saying all this.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Everyone!

Terry Dunn

Lead Guitar - Banshee

I read somewhere that you guys are reissuing "Take Em by Storm" and "Crying in the Night" on some other label in February.

Is this true?

If so will the 3 cds still be silver pressed in August and sold on your website?

Still no repsonse from Banshee about this.

I really want these cds but I'm not gonna buy them if their cdrs.

Hi Everyone!

Terry Dunn

Lead Guitar - Banshee

Is this true?

they are cdrs.

they said if they re-press they will be silver... but i'd say this will only happen if sales are good enough.

Hi Everyone!

Terry Dunn

Lead Guitar - Banshee

Is this true?

they are cdrs.

they said if they re-press they will be silver... but i'd say this will only happen if sales are good enough.

I'm guessing that if they are silver they won't include Take Em by Storm or Crying in the Night since another label is reissuing them next year. Besides I thought they were "taking care of" all of the pissed off people that got cdrs by giving them one silver per disc per order. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
they are cdrs.

It should be the other way around. Why would anyone want to invest extra money into silverpressed releases if their cdrs sell good? :unsure:

they are cdrs.

It should be the other way around. Why would anyone want to invest extra money into silverpressed releases if their cdrs sell good? :unsure:

Because peolpe got cd-r's when they thought they were getting silver presed?

they are cdrs.

Because peolpe got cd-r's when they thought they were getting silver presed?

In an ideal world - absolutely! I'm all with you on this. In reality, though, you either re-press immediately and make your fans happy, or keep selling the cdrs...