Jones Street - Dancin' With The Devil

whiplash1972

Well, order placement must be at a standstill for Mr. Crosby and the Jones Street guys........2 months now since I ordered Dancin' With The Devil from their website--> no CD, no response to multiple e-mails. At some point down the road, I guess I could do a c.c. chargeback if all else fails, but what a stinkin' bummer that would be. Oh well, that's my problem, but I just wanted to let the community know about my experience....Jeff.

I'm at a loss as to why a band would go through so much trouble to reissue a CD only to crap on their fans like this? I was one of the first people to order this from the band when they reissued it and it took 5 weeks for me to get my CD (and they didn't reply to any of my emails either). Barring any unforeseen troubles the band is having communicating with their fans, this is really unexcusably.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, order placement must be at a standstill for Mr. Crosby and the Jones Street guys........2 months now since I ordered Dancin' With The Devil from their website--> no CD, no response to multiple e-mails. At some point down the road, I guess I could do a c.c. chargeback if all else fails, but what a stinkin' bummer that would be. Oh well, that's my problem, but I just wanted to let the community know about my experience....Jeff.

I hate to hear that. There seems to be very few that didn't have any problems.

IMO it's just bullshit that you ask your customers/fans to pay upfront and not only do you not send right away but you don't have the decency to respond to emails. F#@kers.

Completely agree......If they're holding fast with their policy of only shipping when "enough" orders warrant a trip to the post office, in this economic climate I might be waiting a LOOOOONG time.....But at least I can afford gas to drive to the post office, so maybe I'm doin' alot better than these guys (LMAO!!!!!!).

I'm at a loss as to why a band would go through so much trouble to reissue a CD only to crap on their fans like this? I was one of the first people to order this from the band when they reissued it and it took 5 weeks for me to get my CD (and they didn't reply to any of my emails either). Barring any unforeseen troubles the band is having communicating with their fans, this is really unexcusably.

These guys could be making so much more money if they allowed someone else (NEH, retrospect, stormspell, etc.) to at least distribute the CDs. I have no doubt that they would sell a sh*tload of copies. Plus, they wouldn't have to deal with the cust. service aspect that they so obviously disdain. EVERYONE would/should be more satisfied, esp. the fans, who, these guys seem to be forgetting, are ACTUALLY THE ONES BUYING THE DAMN PRODUCT!

I hate to hear that. There seems to be very few that didn't have any problems.

IMO it's just bullshit that you ask your customers/fans to pay upfront and not only do you not send right away but you don't have the decency to respond to emails. F#@kers.

Which is exactly why they lost a potential customer in me. -_-

Backed........Had I read this thread BEFORE ordering, I wouldn't have made the purchase........Jeff.

• 3 weeks later...
There seems to be very few that didn't have any problems....it's just bullshit that you ask your customers/fans to pay upfront and not only do you not send right away but you don't have the decency to respond to emails. F#@kers.

Which is exactly why they lost a potential customer in me. -_-

And me as well. I put this CD on my Want List as soon as I heard the samples, but then the horror stories began rolling in and now I refuse to order it. I hate waiting 4 or 5 days for CDs I order to arrive...waiting 4 or 5 weeks would drive me batshit crazy and I'd end up in a sanitarium doing terrible things to furry mammals that would make Ozzy cringe.

Jones Street should change their name to Jackasses.

I'm just now starting to get some spending money again. This was at the top of my to get list. With as much trouble as everyone is having I'm thinking that I might just skip this disc.

Someone on here just listed for sale in a thread but I can't remember who it was.

I think they were selling it for $15.

finally arrived in the mail......... 5 months i've been waiting :)

FIVE MONTHS?? :yikes:

I hope you sent the band a nice e-mail saying "Thanks for the CD you lazy bastards"

I offered them a distribution deal last year as well as a spot at Rocklahoma - honestly folks , we would do a much better job getting their stuff to you.

I agree Sam. Your label gets the stuff out quick to the masses. No doubt.

I offered them a distribution deal last year as well as a spot at Rocklahoma - honestly folks , we would do a much better job getting their stuff to you.

But would you even want to deal with Shawn?......I think THAT is the question!! LOL

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shawn

These guys could be making so much more money if they allowed someone else (NEH, retrospect, stormspell, etc.) to at least distribute the CDs. I have no doubt that they would sell a sh*tload of copies. Plus, they wouldn't have to deal with the cust. service aspect that they so obviously disdain. EVERYONE would/should be more satisfied, esp. the fans, who, these guys seem to be forgetting, are ACTUALLY THE ONES BUYING THE DAMN PRODUCT!

Please don't use Retrospect as an example of a good distributor.They Rip Off every band that they have ever done business with! The bands they sign never get paid,or they lie about how many units actually sold,I got that first hand from my friends in Pair A Dice. They also find old bands material put it on CD sell it and never let the band know! They have already done that to Jones Street,that is why we did the distribution ourselves. Sorry that some CD's took too long to send. When the orders were taken in the beginning and they took so long was because the company that pressed these,said that it would take a couple of weeks and it took almost 3 months. That was the last time I used them.

Guest Shawn
i'm still waiting for my cd, ordered & paid for last november!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

these guys are truely starting to suckkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is your adress? I will send you another one. If now it is taking that long then obviously it was lost in shipping and I will gladly get you one right away! Sorry for that.

i'm still waiting for my cd, ordered & paid for last november!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

these guys are truely starting to suckkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is your adress? I will send you another one. If now it is taking that long then obviously it was lost in shipping and I will gladly get you one right away! Sorry for that.

thats cool man, I got 2 cds :tumbsup:

Please don't use Retrospect as an example of a good distributor.They Rip Off every band that they have ever done business with! The bands they sign never get paid,or they lie about how many units actually sold,I got that first hand from my friends in Pair A Dice. They also find old bands material put it on CD sell it and never let the band know! They have already done that to Jones Street,that is why we did the distribution ourselves. Sorry that some CD's took too long to send. When the orders were taken in the beginning and they took so long was because the company that pressed these,said that it would take a couple of weeks and it took almost 3 months. That was the last time I used them.

Hmmmm...that's interesting, considering Pair-A-Dice is recording a new album for them....and...is performing at Rocklahoma for Retrospect.....

*shrug* I dunno.........

• 10 months later...

Shame to hear about all the trouble people have had with this CD. Just listened to some tracks on Myspace and the album sounds great! Had to buy the CD (on ebay) straight away. Great sleazy rock/metal. Love it!