Sign in to follow this  
Glen

Adelitas Way

Funny that this thread resurfaces now... Within the last 2 days I've heard "Invincible on the radio twice. That is saying something considering I never listen to the radio. Both times I heard it is while changing CDs. Good to see Adelitas Way getting some airplay. Anyone else hearing this on the airwaves?

I may be one of the few put I found this release to be a great letdown. It's an average CD but with all the love it gets here I was expecting more... much more. Still good to see them getting a shot though.

Funny that this thread resurfaces now... Within the last 2 days I've heard "Invincible on the radio twice. That is saying something considering I never listen to the radio. Both times I heard it is while changing CDs. Good to see Adelitas Way getting some airplay. Anyone else hearing this on the airwaves?

I may be one of the few put I found this release to be a great letdown. It's an average CD but with all the love it gets here I was expecting more... much more. Still good to see them getting a shot though.

I think the CD's main problem was that whilst being undoubtedly very good it didn't quite live up to the hype it was getting before it's release and was therefore a little unfairly judged. If you take away all the hype and just listen to it for what it is, I think it's a great modern hard rock disc.

As for radio play, that's good news. This is normal mainstream top 40 type radio you speak of, is it? Good luck to the guys.

I don't know where we've been posting about new releases from these guys through the years, but they've been churning them out at a decent level. There's a cool tune on the new album referencing this dream of theirs; that they're not in it for success but for the love of the music. Anyway...

They haven't been setting my world alight, and no album compares to their debut, but they're okay. Anyway, the new mini-album (7 tracks) is mostly more of the same. But there is one song that has actually set my 2018 playlist on fire, which I think a lot of people here would like. 

And, just found out it's not on youtube. :(  But it's called 'Get It On' and I'll try to post it when it's available. Get your ears on it if you can. It actually may appeal to the synthwave fans here... not that it's a synthwave song. But it's well off the AW beaten track... but in a great way. 

This song is quite fine too, though, just to have something to post;

And here it is... it's on now?! Oh well, here it is. One of the coolest songs I've been enjoying in 2018, and probably AW's best song to date;

Each release from these guys gets weaker sadly

I like both the songs you posted and still hungry isnt bad but the rest is very average

15 hours ago, Gotthardline said:

Each release from these guys gets weaker sadly

I like both the songs you posted and still hungry isnt bad but the rest is very average

The two above are the only ones I like. ;) But yeah, like I mentioned above, I like the message in 'Still Hungry.' 

I'd love if they made an album entirely in the style of 'Get it on.' It certainly works for them. Production on that song is next level too. 

On 11/20/2018 at 9:39 PM, Geoff said:

And here it is... it's on now?! Oh well, here it is. One of the coolest songs I've been enjoying in 2018, and probably AW's best song to date;

Seriously, seriously digging this tune. I expect it to be in my top 10 songs of 2018... which is not something I honestly thought I'd be saying about Adelitas Way again. Such a sexy song.