"Modern" Music to Check Out

LV KIX

And a band with an album out, self titled, from this year. Not as good as the ones above, imo, but I'm curious to check it out (only heard the 'Run' single today)-

• 2 weeks later...

Some really nice tunes... 

Simple Plan - Harder Than It Looks

90s Kids feat. Phangs

The Maine (ft. Taking Back Sunday) 

The Gospel Youth

Deaf Havana - 

Bearings - 

Young Enough - 

On 3/17/2022 at 10:04 AM, AlphaMale said:

Last Kiss Goodnight

Cover art suggests otherwise, but a bit "grungy" for me. 

15 hours ago, Ponen said:

Some really nice tunes... 

Simple Plan - Harder Than It Looks

90s Kids feat. Phangs

The Maine (ft. Taking Back Sunday) 

The Gospel Youth

Deaf Havana - 

Bearings - 

Young Enough - 

Can't wait for new Simple Plan.

Jeez 90s Kids sound like Busted. Not too bad a thing. 

The Maine, class, as always. Same with Gospel Youth and Deaf Havana. All class. Fan of Bearings too. 

Young Enough sounds pretty cool too. They remind me a bit of Amber Pacific. 

Checked, but not albums out at the moment from any of these bands? :(

And speaking of killer new cuts with no albums to accompany them (hopefully for now, and they're coming in one massive tidal wave mid-year, or something)-

Growly vocals annoy me so much in this, lol, as the rest is sublime. Those vocals just sound so stupid and I can't fathom how any of these guys think they help their songs when used like this-

This one's pretty brutal and the closing death vocals are ridiculous, but the chorus is pretty killer-

These guys are interesting too. I'm assuming a European band with really limp lyrics, and stupid obligatory screams, but pretty melodic stuff-

• Like 1

Thought I'd shared this dude, but this is a sweet new cut-

And looks like he has a full album out last year-

https://www.iheart.com/artist/eric-dalton-34431176/albums/sacrifice-124514854/

Oh shit, apparently two full albums previously-

20 hours ago, Geoff said:

Young Enough sounds pretty cool too. They remind me a bit of Amber Pacific. 

Checked, but not albums out at the moment from any of these bands? :(

Don't know much about Amber Pacific bar a few songs. Same with The Gospel Youth, never heard of them before. That song is like the introduction. 

Ya only singles so far. Simple Plan's new one releases in may and Deaf Havana the following month. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Geoff said:

Thought I'd shared this dude, but this is a sweet new cut-

And looks like he has a full album out last year-

https://www.iheart.com/artist/eric-dalton-34431176/albums/sacrifice-124514854/

Oh shit, apparently two full albums previously-

Very nice tunes. No idea about this guy. Will check out for sure. 

• Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 5:28 PM, Geoff said:

One of the best songs I've heard so far this year, long hair and guitar solo included-

Other gear-

Looks like they've been around for years, but no album as I'm assuming no record deal-

Older stuff not quite as good as the new gear, but looks like they've been at it for ages-

I agree, "Our Last Goodbye" is sensational. Love that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ponen said:

Don't know much about Amber Pacific bar a few songs. Same with The Gospel Youth, never heard of them before. That song is like the introduction. 

Ya only singles so far. Simple Plan's new one releases in may and Deaf Havana the following month. 

Amber Pacific had a good debut, but weren't amazing. One of the more "punkier" pop punk bands. 

The Gospel Youth have been solid thus far, but nothing amazing yet. But solid. 

Awesome news about Simple Plan and Deaf Havana. Such a big fan of Deaf Havana and they boast one of the best songs I have heard in the last 20 years or so (well, to be fair, one of my all-time favourite songs) -

Edited by Geoff

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

Awesome news about Simple Plan and Deaf Havana. Such a big fan of Deaf Havana and they boast one of the best songs I have heard in the last 20 years or so (well, to be fair, one of my all-time favourite songs) -

Couldn't agree more. My fave song from 2018.

• 3 weeks later...

These guys are essentially a pretty screamy post hardcore band, but smack my buttocks and call me Jesus if this is not one of the finest melodic rock songs I have heard this year, and will probably hear this year-

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

These guys are essentially a pretty screamy post hardcore band, but smack my buttocks and call me Jesus if this is not one of the finest melodic rock songs I have heard this year, and will probably hear this year-

I was wondering when some band would realise Falling Up were onto a good sound. This isn't as good as Falling Up were, but not bad.

21 hours ago, auslander said:

I was wondering when some band would realise Falling Up were onto a good sound. This isn't as good as Falling Up were, but not bad.

lol, Falling Up. That's a random blast from the past. Are you suggesting they were pioneers of a sort, of this brand of melodic modern rock music? Their first two albums were good solid albums, but imo, nowhere near the top albums of those years... they were some of the strongest years of the "post-hardcore" / pop-punk / modern rock or whatever you want to call it and for me, Falling Up were just okay when bands like Cauterize, Anberlin, Funeral For A Friend, Hinder, SR-71, Houston Calls, Story Of The Year etc. etc. were making far more impact, imo, than a band like Falling Up.

BUT! To each their own, of course. Those first two albums were pretty decent.  

• 5 weeks later...

A pop punk band I only recently discovered and am glad I did. They released a full length album last year and it's a pretty cool one. Here's a couple of tunes I totally love. 

Here's another band called Hello Kelly. Just last month they released a new album called 'Nostalgia'. Pretty solid. Fave tunes are - 

Ok, so this band Hawthorne Heights has been around for a long long time. I had no idea about them until a video of them appeared on my YouTube feed. As I was watching it I was thinking to myself they all look quite old to be a new pop punk band, so I googled and found that their debut album came out in 2004. I guess some of you may know about this band. But let me just put up some videos of them anyway. Great band. 

From 2021 - 

Here's some old ones...some awesome tunes - 

• Thanks 1

On 5/17/2022 at 1:38 AM, Ponen said:

A pop punk band I only recently discovered and am glad I did. They released a full length album last year and it's a pretty cool one. Here's a couple of tunes I totally love. 

Here's another band called Hello Kelly. Just last month they released a new album called 'Nostalgia'. Pretty solid. Fave tunes are - 

Ok, so this band Hawthorne Heights has been around for a long long time. I had no idea about them until a video of them appeared on my YouTube feed. As I was watching it I was thinking to myself they all look quite old to be a new pop punk band, so I googled and found that their debut album came out in 2004. I guess some of you may know about this band. But let me just put up some videos of them anyway. Great band. 

From 2021 - 

Here's some old ones...some awesome tunes - 

Love Magnolia Park and Hello Kelly. Absolutely must seek those two out. 

Hawthorne Heights are pretty cool. One of the original "emo" bands. Lyrically very tacky, but I've always enjoyed their albums to some degree. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2022 at 6:54 PM, Mr.AOR said:

Love this band and this is coming July 29th...

Haven't heard from these guys in a decade or so, surely. Must see if I've missed anything in between, but that sounds awesome. Drool flows from the side of my mouth. 

On 7/17/2022 at 3:26 AM, AlphaMale said:

Interesting stuff:

Sweet christ, mate. Reggae mixed with ska, or something? Not my jam. 

On 7/17/2022 at 12:17 PM, Dead Planet said:

Solid EP. Doesn't blow me away, but they're a solid band with promise indeed. 

• 4 weeks later...

I think I posted these guys before. It's not ground breaking, but they have an album out and it's pretty cool. Some really cool musical passages on it.

Sever     -    This Should Have Been a Better Place

1    .    '91
2    .    Red Room
3    .    Animal
4    .    Cold World
5    .    Empty Promises (feat. Christoph Wieczorek of Annisokay)
6    .    Closer
7    .    The Disease
8    .    My Dream, My Agony
9    .    Noise in the Trees
10    .    Do You Remember Me?

Another one I've mentioned before. Bummed it's only an EP (with two of the same songs on it) but Outsider Heart have released a delicious EP-

Outsider Heart     -    Entertainment

1    .    Entertainment
2    .    Anyone But You
3    .    MONSTER
4    .    Crop Circles
5    .    Like The Rest
6    .    Crop Circles (feat. Brody)

Sure I posted it before, but I love this song-

• Like 1