On 2/6/2021 at 12:40 PM, Gotthardline said:

The broken view have a few good songs , really like this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCgBBICkPu

The American dream machine album is pretty damn good

AMERICAN DREAM MACHINE - Still Breathing - YouTube

AMERICAN DREAM MACHINE - New Apocalypse - YouTube

Really loving the album from these guys too

North of Never - Runner Up [HD] - YouTube

That Broken View songs is sensational. Love The American Dream Machine album and checking out that last one asap. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm digging that Loveless album too, Ponen. Favourite two modern albums this year would probably be these two so far, though;

Anchors & Hearts     -    Guns Against Liberty

artworks-EJB7dkKAGXmJeQ1w-M9cIdQ-t500x50

This tune is a bit full on at first glance, but one of the biggest anthems of my 2021. In love with this thing;

And just one of my favourite bands at the moment, whom I have mentioned elsewhere on the forum;

Holding Absence     -    The Greatest Mistake of My Life

The-Greatest-Mistake-Of-My-Life-Holding-

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Geoff said:

Yeah, I'm digging that Loveless album too, Ponen. Favourite two modern albums this year would probably be these two so far, though;

This tune is a bit full on at first glance, but one of the biggest anthems of my 2021. In love with this thing;

And just one of my favourite bands at the moment, whom I have mentioned elsewhere on the forum;

Both are awesome!  What a wonderful month! First Midnite City, then Lebrock, and now these two. 

On 6/19/2021 at 2:10 PM, Geoff said:

The Holding absence album is one of my favourites this year too , great stuff , I tried listening to their debut album and couldn't really get into that one as much 

Anchors & Hearts sounds good , will check out the full album

Have you heard the new We Were Sharks album ? Pretty nice sounding album

23 hours ago, Gotthardline said:

The Holding absence album is one of my favourites this year too , great stuff , I tried listening to their debut album and couldn't really get into that one as much 

Anchors & Hearts sounds good , will check out the full album

Have you heard the new We Were Sharks album ? Pretty nice sounding album

Yeah, I like We Were Sharks. Their last album as absolute killer. New one is very good, very consistent. Not as good as the last one - but good stuff. 

I enjoyed the first Holding Absence album and saw a lot of potential on it, but admittedly it was just one tune I've shared a few times that really blew me away. The new album is significantly better in every single way, though. My favourite off the debut;

20 hours ago, Eric3 said:

Wow, Holding Absence is awesome! What an atmosphere on those songs.

Cheers for all these great suggestions, guys.

Yep, the dudes are all about atmosphere. Massive part of what draws me to them. 

Edited by Geoff

On 2/6/2021 at 12:40 PM, Gotthardline said:

The broken view have a few good songs , really like this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCgBBICkPu

Listened to this EP today and this is my gear. Absolutely love this one - every song is amazing. Immediately googled to see if they have a new album coming out this year, but can't see anything scheduled. I did notice they have a new single, which is as brilliant as the stuff on the EP;

Great find, mate. These guys are next level, and I will be keeping tabs on anything new they might release. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, Gotthardline said:

Absolutely loving this song

Nice. If I recall, their last album was pretty cool too. These guys have made a full transition from metalcore over the stretch of plenty of albums to what they are today. It's a change for the better, imo, obviously. :)

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 6/21/2021 at 3:17 PM, Geoff said:

Listened to this EP today and this is my gear. Absolutely love this one - every song is amazing. Immediately googled to see if they have a new album coming out this year, but can't see anything scheduled. I did notice they have a new single, which is as brilliant as the stuff on the EP;

Great find, mate. These guys are next level, and I will be keeping tabs on anything new they might release. 

Love this, have these guys ep lined up on spotify to listen on my way to work today.

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 6/19/2021 at 2:10 PM, Geoff said:

Holding Absence i really like, lined this up aswell.

1 hour ago, Mr.AOR said:

Love this, have these guys ep lined up on spotify to listen on my way to work today.

Played this three times in a row the other morning. Truly one of my favourite of all recent recordings. Just wish they had more music to digest, or something coming up. So good. 

19 hours ago, Mr.AOR said:

Ovtlier is fronted by Joey Arena the guy behind the synthwave project ARENA... i posted stuff in the ARENA thread.

Nice. Is this new stuff yet to be released? Can only see a previous EP from 2017/2019?

17 hours ago, Mr.AOR said:

Now this is good...

Again, new stuff yet to be released on an album? Sounds very nice. 

On 10/8/2021 at 6:43 PM, Geoff said:

Played this three times in a row the other morning. Truly one of my favourite of all recent recordings. Just wish they had more music to digest, or something coming up. So good. 

I don't know if I'm just making things up in my heard, but The Broken View have a new single called 'On the mend' that is about to drop on 15th of October and then I am sure I saw that this was the last single they were going to release before their debut album is released. 100% sure I saw that, just not sure where, lol. Anyway, something to be genuinely excited about. If they pick up where the EP left off this should be a shoe-in for album of the year for me. Of course I just jinxed it now. :(

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 10/11/2021 at 1:09 PM, Geoff said:

Nice. Is this new stuff yet to be released? Can only see a previous EP from 2017/2019?

Just the ep and a couple of individual tracks, hopefully an album will happen.

• Thanks 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 10/11/2021 at 1:14 PM, Geoff said:

Again, new stuff yet to be released on an album? Sounds very nice. 

They have 2 albums Continuous (2019) and Changes (2016) plus the recent individual tracks.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...