Jump to content
LV KIX

"Modern" Music to Check Out

Recommended Posts

 

Some of it sounds pretty cool... I'll check it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds a bit like a second rate Skillet.

 

I'd have to pass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the thread I was looking for. Here's a bunch of cool tunes that are making up the soundtrack of my 2018;

Summer Wars - 'End of an era' from the very nice 'Borrowed Time EP';

American Secrets - 'Smoke me out' from the very good EP 'Wasn't Our Season';

 

 

As We Once Were - 'Drained,' from the good 'Day in Day Out - EP';

Savage Hands - 'Unconditional' from the very good EP 'Barely Alive';

 

No Sunlight - 'It's always been you' from the pretty decent EP 'You Can't Take A Picture Of This, It's Already Gone - EP';

Milestones - 'Liar' from the very consistent and solid 'Red Lights' album;

 

And this massive anthem - 'High' from Caught in a Wave, from their pretty decent 'High' EP;

 

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gotthardline said:

Liar grabbed me most from the above songs so i checked out the Milestones album and its really nice stuff

Super consistent album. Each song is basically as good as the other. And in saying that, it's a little one dimensional and hasn't blown me away... but it's solid as hell. 

Of that lot, Summer Wars would be my favourite. Very strong EP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Super consistent album. Each song is basically as good as the other. And in saying that, it's a little one dimensional and hasn't blown me away... but it's solid as hell. 

Of that lot, Summer Wars would be my favourite. Very strong EP. 

I think it tails off a little towards the end maybe but as you say pretty consistent stuff

Cool , I'll check that one out next , cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2018 at 11:28 PM, Geoff said:

Here's the thread I was looking for. Here's a bunch of cool tunes that are making up the soundtrack of my 2018;

Summer Wars - 'End of an era' from the very nice 'Borrowed Time EP';

 

It's always unique how a year of listening to music pans out. As it stands, this is proving to be one of, if not my favourite song of the year. Every time it comes on my 2018 playlist it's a highlight that shines above all others... for now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not going to create a thread for these guys as they're probably not for anyone here. But if you can handle the screams, these guys are pretty cool. Way over the top in every regard... but one of those regards is the big melodic choruses amidst the chaos. 

I know it's not for everyone all the time, but I can definitely find a time and place for stuff like this;

 

A bit more comical with visual accompaniment; 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Gotthardline said:

Based off that first song this is something I need to check out 

 

If you're in the right mood (and I definitely was this week), it's really cool stuff. Great choruses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This overall album isn't very good, but I did like this one song a lot off Fall Of The Tyrant's 'Lucium Falls';

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Geoff said:

If you're in the right mood (and I definitely was this week), it's really cool stuff. Great choruses. 

You weren't lying , the choruses on this are great

Really like this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Gotthardline said:

You weren't lying , the choruses on this are great

Really like this 

Yeah, it's good stuff. Just checking, but you have the awesome To The Rats and Wolves album from this year, don't you? 'Cheap Love?' 

I recently checked out their discography. Some really heavy stuff in there with fewer and fewer clean vocals as you go back, but still very appealing. 

Some of their older stuff;

But before you go thinking their full albums are like this, it's far more like this, lol (which is still pretty damn cool to me);

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Yeah, it's good stuff. Just checking, but you have the awesome To The Rats and Wolves album from this year, don't you? 'Cheap Love?' 

I recently checked out their discography. Some really heavy stuff in there with fewer and fewer clean vocals as you go back, but still very appealing. 

Some of their older stuff;

But before you go thinking their full albums are like this, it's far more like this, lol (which is still pretty damn cool to me);

 

I do indeed , really nice stuff , I have been a fan since I saw them supporting Asking Alexandria and Black veil brides a couple of years back 

Have you ever checked out another band called Eskimo callboy ? Similar style I would say 

Just to add , PCB and Crazy now from the life right now disc are a couple of the best songs I have heard in awhile 

Edited by Gotthardline

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gotthardline said:

I do indeed , really nice stuff , I have been a fan since I saw them supporting Asking Alexandria and Black veil brides a couple of years back 

Have you ever checked out another band called Eskimo callboy ? Similar style I would say 

Nope, but I will tonight. Wow, BVB sharing a stage with Asking Alexandria and To The Rats & Wolves would be painfully embarrassing for BVB. Anyway, thanks for the tip. Love hearing good bands in this style. 

Where does 'Cheap Love' sit with you this year? One of your favourites? It reminds me a bit of how I felt about Secrets s/t from a couple of years ago, which ended up being one of my absolute faves of the year. Every listen it gets better for me. Love the dude's voice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Nope, but I will tonight. Wow, BVB sharing a stage with Asking Alexandria and To The Rats & Wolves would be painfully embarrassing for BVB. Anyway, thanks for the tip. Love hearing good bands in this style. 

Where does 'Cheap Love' sit with you this year? One of your favourites? It reminds me a bit of how I felt about Secrets s/t from a couple of years ago, which ended up being one of my absolute faves of the year. Every listen it gets better for me. Love the dude's voice. 

BVB really weren't that bad but then I am quite a big fan so maybe biased 

I'd suggest probably starting with some songs from the album Crystals re Eskimo callboy 

Cheap love will probably be top 10 for me I'd say , definitely their best album yet , the title track will probably be a top 5 song for me too

That secrets album is fantastic , really hoping for a follow up to that sometime soon , good band and that disc if I remember had a couple of fillers but about 6 or 7 absolute killer songs on it 

Edited by Gotthardline

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gotthardline said:

BVB really weren't that bad but then I am quite a big fan so maybe biased 

I'd suggest probably starting with some songs from the album Crystals re Eskimo callboy 

Cheap love will probably be top 10 for me I'd say , definitely their best album yet , the title track will probably be a top 5 song for me too

That secrets album is fantastic , really hoping for a follow up to that sometime soon , good band and that disc if I remember had a couple of fillers but about 6 or 7 absolute killer songs on it 

Just heard some Eskimo Callboy stuff (love the name, lol) and it sounds very cool. I'll definitely check out the discography. If it's like most these bands, I assume the earlier stuff is more or less metalcore, and they slowly incorporate more and more cleaner vocals and melody as they go along? I'll find out. :)

I don't think I found any fillers on that Secrets album - just loved it. I actually saw just the other day that they are in the process of writing/recording their next album. Can't wait. 

I'm pretty sure 'Cheap Love' will be in my top 10 too. Possibly closer to 5 than 10 too, the way it's going. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty decent influx of cool modern stuff in the last couple of weeks of 2019. Sadly, mostly EPs, but currently wading through some pretty cool stuff. A couple I've had time to go through;

Eva Under Fire - 'Heavy on the Heart' (EP)

 

 

Nice cover too;

 

Last Day Before Holiday - 'Moving On' (EP)

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Secret Eyes

Love this song..

 

 

The New Low :

 

 

Edited by Ponen
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

None of this shit is better then Cauterize or Hit The Lights, doubt there will ever be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

None of this shit is better then Cauterize or Hit The Lights, doubt there will ever be

Agree and disagree. 

I agree that Cauterize is in a different league. Head and shoulders above the rest. 

But there are a lot of other bands too that come close to or as good as or better than Hit The Lights. One example Silly Fools. Yes if you just consider discography, then Cauterize and HTL are simply hard to beat, but so many other good modern rock bands have recorded killer tunes that are just as good as the best songs by Cauterize or HTL.

So ya, as a band, Cauterize are the best but song wise, in plenty.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ponen said:

Agree and disagree. 

I agree that Cauterize is in a different league. Head and shoulders above the rest. 

But there are a lot of other bands too that come close to or as good as or better than Hit The Lights. One example Silly Fools. Yes if you just consider discography, then Cauterize and HTL are simply hard to beat, but so many other good modern rock bands have recorded killer tunes that are just as good as the best songs by Cauterize or HTL.

So ya, as a band, Cauterize are the best but song wise, in plenty.

Silly Fools is a good shout. 'Prepare the Masses' by A Change Of Pace, 'Paper Walls' by Yellowcard and 'Love Drunk' by Boys Like Girls are three of my other favourites from this era. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just cant agree, you got lots of bands that put out a good song, I mean even bands I think fucking suck have put out a good song(Good Charlotte - Girls And Boys) in my opinion, HTL are so good that even the fact they aren't good song writers or should I say consistently good, is neither here nor there, because they are so talented that even mediocre songs trump most bands good songs, and Cauterize have yet to write a song that I think just blows, even their terrible songs are so good you put them up against most bands best songs, and its not even a comp, what would be cool is if HTL got a song writer in there, and just put out a revolutionary album, what sucks is they are probably the one band who has that kind of talent, if they just hired a group of writers and keyed in on making a once in a lifetime album I think it would be something never heard, but doesn't seem it will ever happen, sad!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Posts

    • Loved their first album. Really disappointed by the second.  After 2 or 3 spins I'd say this one's a lot better than the last. 
    • Looking forward to this one   1. I Salute You 2. Arianne 3. Night Drive 4. Chariot Of Fire 5. Bring On The Rain 6. Love Is A Beautiful Lie 7. Ticking Away 8. Battle Ground 9. Candle In The Window 10. Rock In The City Vinyl and CD pre-orders announced soon. 
    • I was only reacting to the statement 'I'd rather have the virus and the economy recover'  be careful what you wish is all. over and out. see ya 
    • Just to explain how good we have it here in Australia. Our total cases since the beginninga re around 10,000 Yesterday, the USA had over 60,000 new cases. that's 6 times our total since it began. What right to we have to complain. Like I said before, the US is fucked with this, and I don't mean that in a nasty way, I mean that in feeling sorry for how rampant it is there. :(
    • Jeez you love the drama, mate.  Yes, the disease will have long-term effects on some - a very small minority of all those who contract it. It may also come out in the fullness of time that Measles, the Flu, Conjunctivitis etc... whatever... that any range of diseases would also have caused long term side-effects to these same people if they'd contracted some other form of disease.  But, for the overwhelming, vast majority of people, these side effects you want to panic the whole world with will likely not exist.  I really don't get your fondness for these wild blanket statements you make.  The other thing I keep thinking about this thing is that for every diagnosed case of COVID-19 there are probably double the amount of people that may have also had it and not even known it, or not had it diagnosed.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the virus is a great thing and sign me up - I want a copy. Just saying your thirst for drama is real. 
    • A great track from the new E19 album. Their fourth. These guys are always sensational value. Very underrated.     
    • Not great (and not bad) but I'll anticipate the rest of the album is better. I think I liked the last one too. 
    • I know nothing about this but sounds like extreme intelligence in motion again. I believe later this week the colour white will be removed from colour charts around the world?  I personally feel strongly that reading, writing and all forms of speech should be banned so as not to cause offence to anyone.
    • Irresistable - Steve Carrell is in this, so an instant watch for me. Was only ok though. Enjoyable enough, wouldn't go out of my way to see it again. Becky - only issue is that her age in this movie is 13, which is too young for what she does. Kevin James plays a white supremasist in this, so it's been removed from Netflix, which is kinda stupid. He is actually really good in it. Survive The Night - Bruce Willis, so I gave it a go. Rent-a-script. Seen it 100 times before.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.