TROUBLE have a new singer!

Fat Freddy

Or they could call themselves Soul Trouble...

They could combine it with Kory's other band too (the Stoned) and make it Stoned Soul Trouble! Now THAT sounds f**kin METAL!!

That IS METAL!!!!! :beerbang::beerbang::rofl2:

Or they could call themselves Soul Trouble...

They could combine it with Kory's other band too (the Stoned) and make it Stoned Soul Trouble! Now THAT sounds f**kin METAL!!

That IS METAL!!!!! :beerbang::beerbang::rofl2:

Wait, wait, I got it... STONED WARRIOR TROUBLE.

In all seriousness, I'm listening to MANIC FRUSTRATION right now (what a great, underrated-as-hell album that is!) and yea, I could definitely see Kory Clarke pulling off stuff like this.

Wait, wait, I got it... STONED WARRIOR TROUBLE.

In all seriousness, I'm listening to MANIC FRUSTRATION right now (what a great, underrated-as-hell album that is!) and yea, I could definitely see Kory Clarke pulling off stuff like this.

Backed Manic is one of their best!!! S'Cuse Me...That's one Kory could do WELL!!

• 2 months later...

Here's a YouTube clip of the "new Trouble" with Kory Clarke on vox, shot in San Francisco just a couple of days ago...

Kinda hard to tell cuz the audio's not all that great, but Kory's voice sounds a little ruff... hopefully he'll get better as they play more shows.

• 7 months later...

Trouble has released an "official bootleg" of a show from L.A. with Kory Clarke on vox... it's available from CDBaby (tho it's only a CD-R)... info and samples can be found hyar:

http://cdbaby.com/cd/troubletunes

• 2 weeks later...

New update this week from Trouble's web site ( http://www.newtrouble.com ) -- there is indeed a new record in the works

March 4, 2009

Trouble update

Songs are coming together for the new Trouble CD tentatively titled "THE DARK RIFF".

As you can tell by the title, IT'S HEAVY! The band is resorting to the root of what made Trouble in the first place and what they are best at, DOOM!

This will no doubt be the heaviest Trouble release since the mid eighties when they crushed the masses with what is now known as "Psalm 9" and "The Skull".

• 4 weeks later...

Another Trouble update:

Legendary Chicago doomsters TROUBLE have set "The Dark Riff" as the tentative title of their new album, due later in the year.

Commented vocalist Kory Clarke: "I'm really excited about all the new songs Rick [Wartell, guitar] and Bruce [Franklin, guitar] have played me thus far and have been singing them real tough. Really enjoying the power and latitude I'm able to move in lyrically as well as melodically. This going to be classic doom! I love singing this stuff!"

Added Bruce Franklin: "I've written about five songs so far. One of my tests to know if the song is memorable is to not record the riffs and ideas. If I have no trouble remembering the song that I wrote, then that's a good sign. Even if a month or more passes, I should be able to remember the song in full. Of course, that's just the music."

Rick Wartell said: "I am extremely pleased with the new songs, and in the direction this release is taking. It has the vibe of earlier times. If I had to sum it up in one word, the word is DOOM... Having a great time writing for it."

just my opinion, but come on, is the well running that dry? Clarke? I'm sorry but I can think of many other singers that would actually fit into Troubles sound, which is something I don't believe Clarke can do!

I have to agree with Leykis. While I love Trouble and I love Warrior Soul, I just can't see Kory Clarke singing Trouble songs. This sucks IMO. He's nothing like the original singer.