DAKOTA ROCK FEST!

Evil Rick

Arg.....Rockarma at Dakota Rockfest means now I have to beg my wife to make the trip. :doh:

Does the offer to crash at your pad Rick include round trip to and from the concert :blink: Because I have a feeling this will be us ------------> :drink2:

Of course Pete might be persuaded to have a brew with us too if he is not too busy being a Rockstar :lol:

:rofl2: Yeah, I'm sure a few brews will be tipped, but getting to and from the show will not be a problem at all Chad. :tumbsup:

And starting with Mother's Day you should have plenty of time to get your wife to give you the green light. Plus, our wives could get together and try to figure out why us guys still like "that kind of music".

:guitbannana: I have a mission :guitbannana: I will be in touch!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arg.....Rockarma at Dakota Rockfest means now I have to beg my wife to make the trip. :doh:

Does the offer to crash at your pad Rick include round trip to and from the concert :blink: Because I have a feeling this will be us ------------> :drink2:

Of course Pete might be persuaded to have a brew with us too if he is not too busy being a Rockstar :lol:

:rofl2: Yeah, I'm sure a few brews will be tipped, but getting to and from the show will not be a problem at all Chad. :tumbsup:

And starting with Mother's Day you should have plenty of time to get your wife to give you the green light. Plus, our wives could get together and try to figure out why us guys still like "that kind of music".

Very cool! :drink:

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the updated schedule for Dakota Rock Fest:

FRIDAY July 25

5:00pm - 11:00pm

Paisty Jenny

Jukebox Zeros

Smokin' - Boston Tribute

Rockarma :banger:

Firehouse

SATURDAY July 26

11:00am - 12:00am

Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi Tribute

Bang Tango

Paradise City - Guns n Roses Tribute

Faster Pussycat

L A Guns

Smokin' - Boston Tribute

Escape - Journey Tribute

Slaughter

Skid Row

Jackyl

Here is the updated schedule for Dakota Rock Fest:

FRIDAY July 25

5:00pm - 11:00pm

Paisty Jenny

Jukebox Zeros

Smokin' - Boston Tribute

Rockarma :banger:

Firehouse

SATURDAY July 26

11:00am - 12:00am

Bang Tango

Faster Pussycat

L A Guns

Smokin' - Boston Tribute

Escape - Journey Tribute

Slaughter

Skid Row

Jackyl

Much better spot than they're giving us in San Antonio, I was real happy with going on right before Firehouse! :beerbang:

So Rick, I guess we'll have a few new pics for the "Who have you met in person from HH" thread... :drink:

Hey, that's great !! :drink: I just thought to myself that that was a really lame thread !! ;)

So Rick, I guess we'll have a few new pics for the "Who have you met in person from HH" thread... :drink:

Hey, that's great !! :drink: I just thought to myself that that was a really lame thread !! ;)

Not enough pictures of me, right? ;)

I am in!!! Looking forward to hanging out with Rick and Pete!!!! Can't wait :banger::banger::banger:

I am in!!! Looking forward to hanging out with Rick and Pete!!!! Can't wait :banger::banger::banger:

Great news! I'm up in Aberdeen this weekend and I talked another guy up here into coming down for it as well.

Plus, there were a couple guys at this party last night that are from Sioux Falls that are also going to be there. What surprised me is those guys were pretty young, only in their mid-twenties, but they were looking forward to the event, and Jackyl was the band they most wanted to see. They hadn't heard of Rockarma, so of course I told them that was the one band they did not want to miss!

• 2 weeks later...

Bombay Black has been added to the schedule on Friday!!!

Here is the updated schedule...

FRIDAY-JULY 25th

*gates open at 4:00pm

Paisty Jenny

Jukebox Zeros

Smokin' - Boston Tribute

Rockarma

FIrehouse

SATURDAY-JULY 26th

*gates open at 10:00am

Bang Tango

Faster Pussycat

L A Guns

Bombay Black

Smokin' - Boston Tribute

Escape - Journey Tribute

Slaughter

Skid Row

Jackyl

And I finally got around to getting my VIP tickets ordered!!! :banger:

Wes, Pete, Chad--let me know what kind of beer you drink so I can have it on ice when you get here! :beerbang:

FRIDAY-JULY 25th

Paisty Jenny

Jukebox Zeros

Smokin' - Boston Tribute

Rockarma

FIrehouse

SATURDAY-JULY 26th

Bang Tango

Faster Pussycat

L A Guns

Bombay Black

Smokin' - Boston Tribute

Escape - Journey Tribute

Slaughter

Skid Row

Jackyl

Wes, Pete, Chad--let me know what kind of beer you drink so I can have it on ice when you get here! :beerbang:

Yeah, I was just talking to Ty the other night and he mentioned they were going to be there as well, very cool.

Rick, I'm a little picky about beer, I really prefer the cold kind, in case you were thinking something different.... :beerbang:

Yeah, I was just talking to Ty the other night and he mentioned they were going to be there as well, very cool.

Rick, I'm a little picky about beer, I really prefer the cold kind, in case you were thinking something different.... :beerbang:

T-Bone there as well! This is going to be one great HH party!

Cold beer eh? I guess I could see if any stores around here carry ice. :unsure:

Oops! I meant Ty Sims from Bombay Black, however it would be nice to see T-BONE there as well... Whattya think T? Ya busy? :beerbang:

Oops! I meant Ty Sims from Bombay Black, however it would be nice to see T-BONE there as well... Whattya think T? Ya busy? :beerbang:

Oh, gotcha. :tumbsup: Great news seeing Bombay Black added, that should be another great show!

FRIDAY-JULY 25th

Paisty Jenny

Jukebox Zeros

Smokin' - Boston Tribute

Rockarma

FIrehouse

SATURDAY-JULY 26th

Bang Tango

Faster Pussycat

L A Guns

Bombay Black

Smokin' - Boston Tribute

Escape - Journey Tribute

Slaughter

Skid Row

Jackyl

Bud Select!! But I am with Pete, any ICE COLD will work!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

FRIDAY-JULY 25th

Paisty Jenny

Jukebox Zeros

Smokin' - Boston Tribute

Rockarma

FIrehouse

SATURDAY-JULY 26th

Bang Tango

Faster Pussycat

L A Guns

Bombay Black

Smokin' - Boston Tribute

Escape - Journey Tribute

Slaughter

Skid Row

Jackyl

Bud Select!! But I am with Pete, any ICE COLD will work!!!!

Beer? As long as it's the kind with Alcohol in it I'll be fine. :tumbsup:

Got it. Bud Select, cold beer and beer with alcohol. I know I can find the last two, but the Bud Select, I don't think Bud brands are allowed into the state of South Dakota. But I'll double check just in case I'm wrong. ;)

Got it. Bud Select, cold beer and beer with alcohol. I know I can find the last two, but the Bud Select, I don't think Bud brands are allowed into the state of South Dakota. But I'll double check just in case I'm wrong. ;)

I haven't decided yet but I'm thinking about leaving out Thursday night and getting there about 3 am that way I can get up and around and get out to your house a little earlier. If I leave on that Friday I'd still have to check into the hotel and probably not get there until 2 or 3pm plus have to deal with the time change and that wouldn't leave me much time before the show considering it's about an 8 hour drive.

I haven't decided yet but I'm thinking about leaving out Thursday night and getting there about 3 am that way I can get up and around and get out to your house a little earlier. If I leave on that Friday I'd still have to check into the hotel and probably not get there until 2 or 3pm plus have to deal with the time change and that wouldn't leave me much time before the show considering it's about an 8 hour drive.

Sounds great! I'll be taking off from work early on Friday in preparation of the big event, so whenever everyone wanted to come out and get things rolling, so be it. :drink:

Chris (my buddy that will be making the trip with me) and I are taking Friday off so we should be down in plenty of time to have a few coctails before the show. We are at least four hours from Rick's house so we will plan for that and the 4 pm gate opening.

I can hardly wait!!!! It will be an awesome party!

Chris (my buddy that will be making the trip with me) and I are taking Friday off so we should be down in plenty of time to have a few coctails before the show. We are at least four hours from Rick's house so we will plan for that and the 4 pm gate opening.

I can hardly wait!!!! It will be an awesome party!

For me it's 3 1/2 hours just to get from Sioux Falls to Fargo, so it may take you a bit longer than you're expecting...

Of course that's all depending on how fast you guys drive! :drag:

• 3 weeks later...

I think some will get a kick out of this...

The radio station that is one of the sponsors of Dakota Rock Fest is 103.7 KRRO. The bill themselves as "The KRRO Rocks" but they haven't rocked in probably 15 years. They used to be the ultimate rock station that played pretty much every artist listed on HH but now they play crap like Incubus and Sublime. That was why I thought it was odd that they are a sponsor because no one that is into 80's type rock ever touches that station. It's either 95.7 or 102.7. So all of the listeners of 103.7 are generally NOT going to have any interest in this fest.

I do listen to the station in the morning when I'm working out because it's the only rock station I can pull in out in the garage. As it turns out, the station gave one lucky winner a couple backstage passes to the event. When they called the kid to tell him he won, he sounded like he could give two shits. He didn't even care. It was a pretty big flub for the morning dj's that were on. They later tried to cover it up by saying that the guy really was excited to have won the passes but was just so sleepy that it sounded like he wasn't. :rofl2:

I say give the passes to me, I'll take the damn things from that loser.

I think some will get a kick out of this...

The radio station that is one of the sponsors of Dakota Rock Fest is 103.7 KRRO. The bill themselves as "The KRRO Rocks" but they haven't rocked in probably 15 years. They used to be the ultimate rock station that played pretty much every artist listed on HH but now they play crap like Incubus and Sublime. That was why I thought it was odd that they are a sponsor because no one that is into 80's type rock ever touches that station. It's either 95.7 or 102.7. So all of the listeners of 103.7 are generally NOT going to have any interest in this fest.

I do listen to the station in the morning when I'm working out because it's the only rock station I can pull in out in the garage. As it turns out, the station gave one lucky winner a couple backstage passes to the event. When they called the kid to tell him he won, he sounded like he could give two shits. He didn't even care. It was a pretty big flub for the morning dj's that were on. They later tried to cover it up by saying that the guy really was excited to have won the passes but was just so sleepy that it sounded like he wasn't. :rofl2:

I say give the passes to me, I'll take the damn things from that loser.

I'll take the passes too. I can sell my tickets and recoup some of hotel/fuel costs. :tumbsup:

Seriously what time will the beer be ready Rick? :beerbang:

Whatever time you guys start arriving, that is when the beer will be cold and ready. :drink:

Whatever time you guys start arriving, that is when the beer will be cold and ready. :drink:

Sometime between 12-2pm I'd say.

Just give me a call when your ready and I'll head over.

Sometime between 12-2pm I'd say.

Just give me a call when your ready and I'll head over.

Alright. I will get on the road as fast as I can. Gotta take the kids to daycare and stuff so we will plan for 2 pm.

Can't wait! Should be a GREAT time :banana::banana: