Paul Alan (Nouveaux singer) - Drive it home.

phaffas

the other big suprise was Elektrik which just by chance was another christian band.

They're a christian band? Really? Is this the same band who released 'Love Buzz Harmony' or something like that? A few fillers, but overall a great band and great disc with a few outright killers. I wouldn't have picked they were a christian band, though...

I believe Tracie Farrie (stryper) was the bass player at time for Electrik. Yes they were a Christian band

The other big suprise was Elektrik which just by chance was another Christian band.

They're a Christian band? Is this the same band who released 'Love Buzz Harmony' or something like that? A few fillers, but overall a great band and great disc with a few outright killers. I wouldn't have picked they were a Christian band....

I used to have Elektrik "Love Buzz Harmony." While they weren't over the top with their message, they were definitely a Christian band. A pretty good indie one at that. I remember there being a killer ballad on it but can't remember the song title for the life of me.

I still have Elektrik: "Love Buzz Harmony" (the reissue w/bonus tracks). As others have said, they were definitely a Christian band, though honestly, not much in their lyrics would give them away. The killer ballad Chris (hardrockhaven) was referring to is called "Never Too Much" and it is easily one of the best ballads ever to emerge from the Christian rock/metal scene.

• 5 months later...

This guy's Christian and I just don't deal with Christians. Unless they're Matt. Or Mark. And handsome. And they like to stroke my hair.

I just don't deal with Christians.

Aren't Disciple christians? :whistle:

Yep, and so are Stryper and Holy Soldier. And a million other clueless clowns I listen to (including every modern hard rock band in existence). ;)

Aren't Disciple christians? :whistle:

Yep, and so are Stryper and Holy Soldier. And a million other clueless clowns I listen to (including every modern hard rock band in existence). ;)

So you are saying all of them are handsome and all of them strokes your hair or....or......something :)

Aren't Disciple Christians?

Yep, and so are Stryper and Holy Soldier. And a million other clueless clowns I listen to (including every modern hard rock band in existence).

Geoff, buddy, did you just refer to Christians as "clueless clowns"? Are you trying to piss me off, or do you just enjoy seeing me launch into one of my pro-faith rants? I swear, I would kick you right in the chin, but then Matt would have nowhere to rest his balls.

Yep, and so are Stryper and Holy Soldier. And a million other clueless clowns I listen to (including every modern hard rock band in existence).

Geoff, buddy, did you just refer to Christians as "clueless clowns"? Are you trying to piss me off, or do you just enjoy seeing me launch into one of my pro-faith rants? I swear, I would kick you right in the chin, but then Matt would have nowhere to rest his balls.

Mark, whos side are you on??

Mark, whose side are you on??

If your balls are on Geoff's chin, how is that insulting you?

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

I forget that not everybody understands prison rules.

• 1 month later...

This was a grower but now to me it's just as good as his first solo cd.

Hard to describe his music its a mixture of modern sounding pop/rock/aor, If I like Paul Alan who else might I like?

I really enjoyed enjoyed Noveaux and though I primarily like guitar based music I didnt really miss it from his solo stuff (well there is guitar there its just not as prominent).

Hard to describe his music its a mixture of modern sounding pop/rock/aor, If I like Paul Alan who else might I like?

I really enjoyed enjoyed Noveaux and though I primarily like guitar based music I didnt really miss it from his solo stuff (well there is guitar there its just not as prominent).

If you want some stuff in the exact same vein check out this guy:

Simon Boyce

http://www.simonboyce.com.au/music.html

Ive been meaning to order this CD. Hes a big fan of Paul Alan's solo stuff (yet amazingly has never heard Nouveaux!)

Simon Boyce

Ive been meaning to order this CD. Hes a big fan of Paul Alan's solo stuff (yet amazingly has never heard Nouveaux!)

haha tahts just 2 wierd for me.. simon's stuff atleast by mp3's isn't bad at all.

Simon Boyce

haha tahts just 2 wierd for me.. simon's stuff atleast by mp3's isn't bad at all.

Simon Boyce

He's a nice guy. Lives in Queensland somewhere. I really should get this album. Its really nice catchy melodic pop rock in the Paul Alan vibe... just dont expect him to have any influences form our genre... cos he doesnt!

Simon Boyce

He's a nice guy. Lives in Queensland somewhere. I really should get this album. Its really nice catchy melodic pop rock in the Paul Alan vibe... just dont expect him to have any influences form our genre... cos he doesnt!

Yeah Matt I got in touch with Simon last year after you told me about his music and he sent me a CD a few days later. Nothing at all heavy, just some really nice pop/rock songs. And yes, recommended to fans of Paul Alan.

Simon Boyce

Yeah Matt I got in touch with Simon last year after you told me about his music and he sent me a CD a few days later. Nothing at all heavy, just some really nice pop/rock songs. And yes, recommended to fans of Paul Alan.

Thanks for the recommendation, on initial listen I thought the music was ok so I'll keep revisitng his myspace page and see if it grows on me.

Cheers.