X Sinner

AGREED. Awful cover.

IM just throwing this out there... is it the same label as Zions recent piece of crud? It may explain it..

Zion's "recent piece of crud" (ha!) was on the Retroactive label. The new X-Sinner is apparently going to be released on Image Records, which released Zion's THUNDER FROM THE MOUNTAIN disc back in the day. I'm assuming that at this point "Image Records" = "Rex Scott." :P

That cover is bad bad bad...and not the "good" kind of bad. Just plain bad. I like X-Sinner, but my excitement level for the new album at this point is about on par with going to the grocery store. :(

• 1 month later...

Well, it's July... anyone know if this CD has been released yet?? :blink:

Their web site and MySpace have no release date info that I can see... tho the MySpace now has the title track to the new disc available for listening...

xsinner.jpg

As much as I love this band, I gotta say, this CD cover sucks. Ug-LEE!! :puke:

And after checking their main web site and their MySpace page, I see no announced release date for this album yet either. Come ON guys, you're KILLIN me here!!

The new song sucks too so why shouldn't the cover :P

• 1 month later...
THE NEW ALBUM GOES TO MANUFACTURING!!

THE NEW ALBUM IS FINALLY BEING MANUFACTURED AND WILL BE FOR SALE IN ABOUT A WEEK! STAY TUNED FOR DETAILED ANNOUNCEMENTS COMING YOUR WAY VERY SOON!

Sheesh, it's about time... guess they didn't release it at Cornerstone then huh? ;)

I don't know. The two Barren Cross albums they produced aren't overly slick. (Although you can still hear John in the BGVs) If you have Loud and Proud +2 you can hear how good some of the demos sound. The Get It demos are pretty rough but the Peace Treaty demos are awesome and sound much better than the actual CD versions.

Granted, the Elefante-produced Barren Cross albums sound heavier than X-Sinner, but I still maintain they're pretty polished & commercialized like everything John & Dino have done. I just don't think X-Sinner had a right to expect an overly heavy production when the Elefante brothers were hired, and I'm just saying that I bet they were aware of that back then, but now they want to gripe about it, when probably if you read interviews from back then all you would hear them doing is praising John & Dino and talking about how happy they were to work with them.

Maybe the Elefantes exerted too much control over the bands they worked with...I dunno. I've heard Guardian, The Brave, Petra, Bride, and Halo all complain about them too.

We all reaped the rewards of their production! They were some of the best!

• 3 weeks later...
After completing mastering at the end of August the band decided to remaster one song that didn't turn out exactly like they wanted it to in the first run of mastering. That is now done and the disc is back on track to manufacturing next week. Two more songs from the album - "That Ain't Me" and "Who's Your Friend" are now being showcased on the Image Records myspace site to tide everybody over who have been waiting patiently for the new CD (some not so patiently! Ha ha!) to come out. Image will probably start taking presale orders next week too and utilize Paypal as the means to purchase the CD from all you fans.

New X-Sinner tracks from the final mix, sounds pretty good.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=183226872

Eh, I'm not really feeling these new songs. Nothing bad, but nothing great either, and certainly not even close to being on par with "Get It" or "Peace Treaty." Maybe the Elefante brothers really were the so-called "x-factor" that made X-Sinner sound so good back in the day...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Love how they blatantly rip off the beginning of AC/DC's "House Is On Fire" on "Holy Ghost & Fire". Also, Rex Scott now sounds identical to Vicki James Wright.

I'm not sold yet but after a few listens I think I could really get to like this.

• 2 weeks later...
Also, Rex Scott now sounds identical to Vicki James Wright.

It sounds to me more like he's doing a really bad impression of the Dirty Looks guy (Henrik however-you-spell-it) in order to cover up the fact that he can no longer hit high notes at his age. (Listen to Rex's yowling on the chorus to the title track, or "Back In Red," in particular ... OUCH!) After the first spin, I have not been able to make it all the way through a second... the vocals are simply godawful... like cats being strangled.

Needless to say, I was really disappointed by this one. :(

Has anyone else got this one? I like the samples, but I am getting hesitant based on some of the comments here.

the production is very lacking and the vocals are well interesting. I think for all their complaining about the elphante brothers this band did at least they made the x sinner cds sound good...

Alex

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...