X Sinner

I figure its time for a new topic on this album coming soon. On their myspace page they have been putting up a few rough mixes of some of the new songs. Today they put up a new song "World Covered in Blood". It sounds pretty good for a rough mix. They appear to be in the final mixing stages on this one so it should be out within the next few months.

Sweet... and about damn time too!! This thing was supposed to drop in late '06!!!

• 4 weeks later...
I figure its time for a new topic on this album coming soon. On their myspace page they have been putting up a few rough mixes of some of the new songs. Today they put up a new song "World Covered in Blood". It sounds pretty good for a rough mix. They appear to be in the final mixing stages on this one so it should be out within the next few months.

I know it's only a rough mix--and make no mistake, the song is solid--but to me it doesn't sound as good as the songs that were on "Get It" & "Peace Treaty." That said, it IS good enough to make me buy the CD when it comes out...whenever that is (if it takes much longer, I'm going to start referring to it as the "Chinese Democracy" of Christian rock/metal).

The band is attempting to shoot for a rawer sound as opposed to the overproduction that the Elphante brothers injected into the mix. My fear, from hearing the rough mixes is that they are going too far the other way. Some of the first mixes they threw up there were absolutely horrid. I really think that they should leave the test mixes at home and show us the final product. That being said I do believe this is going to be released fairly soon, probably in the summer.

The band is attempting to shoot for a rawer sound as opposed to the overproduction that the Elphante brothers injected into the mix. My fear, from hearing the rough mixes is that they are going too far the other way. Some of the first mixes they threw up there were absolutely horrid. I really think that they should leave the test mixes at home and show us the final product. That being said I do believe this is going to be released fairly soon, probably in the summer.

Personally, a lot of times I PREFER the productions of the Elefantes.

• 2 weeks later...
The band is attempting to shoot for a rawer sound as opposed to the overproduction that the Elefante brothers injected into the mix. My fear, from hearing the rough mixes, is that they are going too far the other way. Some of the first mixes they threw up there were absolutely horrid. I really think that they should leave the test mixes at home and show us the final product. That being said I do believe this is going to be released fairly soon, probably in the summer.

Kind of cracks me up that the band bitches about the overproduction of the Elefantes, 'cause I'll bet you dollars to dimes that back in the day when they were first signed, X-Sinner was absolutely thrilled to be working with John & Dino. Why wouldn't they? At that time, the Elefante brothers were the hottest, most highly-sought producers in the Christian rock/metal realm. Everybody wanted 'em. But decades later, X-Sinner says they overproduced the albums. Sorry, but you knew what you were getting; John & Dino have always been slick, polished, glossy producers. Getting them to produce your record and then griping about it is kind of like hiring McDonalds to cater your kid's birthday party and then bemoaning the fact that they brought hamburgers...

I don't know. The two Barren Cross albums they produced aren't overly slick. (Although you can still hear John in the BGVs) If you have Loud and Proud +2 you can hear how good some of the demos sound. The Get It demos are pretty rough but the Peace Treaty demos are awesome and sound much better than the actual CD versions.

I don't know. The two Barren Cross albums they produced aren't overly slick. (Although you can still hear John in the BGVs) If you have Loud and Proud +2 you can hear how good some of the demos sound. The Get It demos are pretty rough but the Peace Treaty demos are awesome and sound much better than the actual CD versions.

Where are they Get it and Peace Treaty demos? Have they been released...? i get confused with the X-sinner discography!

Where are they Get it and Peace Treaty demos? Have they been released...? i get confused with the X-sinner discography!

They're on the LOUD & PROUD odds and ends compilation CD.

I think ive asked you that about 5 times havnt i! :lol:

I think ive asked you that about 5 times havnt i! :lol:

Yea, I think you have... and the reissued version of that disc is still available from CDBaby last I checked... so just go get one already doggone it!!!

You aren't the only one! So many different versions of the same songs, or similar songs with different lyrics... :hammer:

The loud and proud +2 disc is worth picking up, I actually think its the best X sinner disc in their catalog. The get it demos are pretty bad, but the peace treaty demos are sweet, its really the music as it was intended to be heard.

The three songs @ the end of the LOUD & PROUD disc - "Last Call," "Reap What You Sow" and "Shame" -- are worth the purchase price alone. I assume they were demo'd for a third album that never materialized at the time.

Granted, the Elefante-produced Barren Cross albums sound heavier than X-Sinner, but I still maintain they're pretty polished & commercialized like everything John & Dino have done. I just don't think X-Sinner had a right to expect an overly heavy production when the Elefante brothers were hired, and I'm just saying that I bet they were aware of that back then, but now they want to gripe about it, when probably if you read interviews from back then all you would hear them doing is praising John & Dino and talking about how happy they were to work with them.

Maybe the Elefantes exerted too much control over the bands they worked with...I dunno. I've heard Guardian, The Brave, Petra, Bride, and Halo all complain about them too.

Granted, the Elefante-produced Barren Cross albums sound heavier than X-Sinner, but I still maintain they're pretty polished & commercialized like everything John & Dino have done. I just don't think X-Sinner had a right to expect an overly heavy production when the Elefante brothers were hired, and I'm just saying that I bet they were aware of that back then, but now they want to gripe about it, when probably if you read interviews from back then all you would hear them doing is praising John & Dino and talking about how happy they were to work with them.

Maybe the Elefantes exerted too much control over the bands they worked with...I dunno. I've heard Guardian, The Brave, Petra, Bride, and Halo all complain about them too.

I think that Fire and Love is one of the most perfectly produced albums ever. They really did a great job with that one.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program of X Sinner.

I preferred X-Sinner's GET IT over PEACE TREATY, though I honestly love both albums. GET IT just had that extra shot of "rawness" that appealed to me. PEACE TREATY was definitely more glossy.

I find it odd that the X-Sinner dudes complain constantly about how much they hated the Elefantes' production job on PEACE TREATY, but if you've heard their re-recorded version FIRE IT UP (self produced by the band), the songs don't sound radically different to me at all.

I think they're more p*ssed that the Elefante Bros. apparently won't give the band the rights to their albums back so they can re-issue them (which is why they ended up re-recording PEACE TREATY in the first place).

I find it odd that the X-Sinner dudes complain constantly about how much they hated the Elefantes' production job on PEACE TREATY, but if you've heard their re-recorded version FIRE IT UP (self produced by the band), the songs don't sound radically different to me at all.

Thats because the album wasn't really rerecorded, they just retracked a few guitar parts and thats it, everything else is the same, you can even hear John singing BGVs. I would have been angry because I kind of felt misled, but I didn't have a copy of Peace Treaty anymore. Its similar to the "live" tracks from Zion's Thrillseeker which I'm fully convinced are just some crowd noise thrown over the studio tracks...

xsinner.jpg

As much as I love this band, I gotta say, this CD cover sucks. Ug-LEE!! :puke:

And after checking their main web site and their MySpace page, I see no announced release date for this album yet either. Come ON guys, you're KILLIN me here!!

• 4 weeks later...

We're getting closer. Cornerstone is in early July.

NEW ALBUM MIX IS COMPLETE!

The new album is done being mixed and is being mastered and manufactured! It will soon be available for purchase. It may make a Cornerstone exclusive debut! Stay tuned for details!

xsinner.jpg

As much as I love this band, I gotta say, this CD cover sucks. Ug-LEE!! :puke:

And after checking their main web site and their MySpace page, I see no announced release date for this album yet either. Come ON guys, you're KILLIN me here!!

AGREED. Awful cover.

IM just throwing this out there... is it the same label as Zions recent piece of crud? It may explain it..