Blonz - Any fans of this band?

heaven&hell

You are confusing doubling a track with adding a completely seperate part (i.e. Harmony lines, a different rhythmic patameter for the chord progression etc.). Like I said doubling a part is cool. I do that when we record. But I NEVER write a part that I would need a second live guitarist. Never. You don't hear motorhead with multiple guitar parts do you? And they are one of the most powerful sounding bands ever.

And as far as not limiting yourself due to a live situation.....that's crap. Live is where your bread and butter is and most people walk in expecting it to sound right. Why bring some extra nerd along when you don't have to?

you dont have to, GnR pulled it off in the early days (pre UYI) by amalgamating the parts, Crue use backing tracks for the rhythm guitar and Bon Jovi take another guitarist on the road with them

my 3 fave bands, 3 different ways of playing live..

GnR only had two guitar parts (usually some embellishments were made but not a whole extra track).

Motley Crue didn't use pre-recorded rhythm tracks until Dr Feelgood (which happens to be a shitty album)

And Bon Jovi takes the wuss way out as usual.

I'm just saying if your band doesn't sound that way. Don't record it that way. Yourrecordings should be an accurate representation of the way your band sounds. Not an accurate representation of the way your band sounds with help from 35 session musicians.

i personally believe that if it sounds better, do it.

Motleys Dr Feelgood is their best if you ask me...

Guns N Roses had loads of tracks too, Sweet Child Of Mine and Back Off Bitch spring to mind (yes, BOB was on UYI, but it was written and played live in the late 80s)

all my fave Crue songs are on that album....its like a greatest hits in itself.

and what about Joe Satriani and Steve Vai? they couldnt do what they do without playing more than one guitar part in the studio!

Vai and Satriani are solo artists of course they have to play more than one track. I am talking about bands.

They do play it live. There is a difference between someone recording stuff because they are solo and then hiring a band to learn and play what they wrote and recorded and a band "dressing up" their recordings because they sound lacking. Here's an idea write a song that doesn't sound lacking without 3 guitars doing different things. I just view as a form of cheating. Very much akin, in my reckoning, to a band that can't pull off certain parts of their songs perfectly every time so they just copy and paste the "good take" in all the other parts of the song.

Fuck that.

Be good enough to do it live or get your ass back to the drawing board.

so if you're an electric guitarist you cant pick up an acoustic?

you gotta make your songs sound different from one another somehow, if you keep the same amount of instruments in every song....theyll blend together.

maybe thats why i dont like Maiden.

i dont really agree with recording parts seperately either, but the outcome is much better than when a band records together.

maybe thats why i dont like Maiden.

How many times I gotta tell you boy??

LAY OFF THE IRON MAIDEN!!!

:hammer:

still has to be able to play live.....besides, according to Blue Tequila, Bon Jovi IS 1 person...

He is one...

...No wait, he's five! Five is the answer, right? Or is he one again? :unsure:

So Rick, what did you think of the re-spun Blonz disc?

I got through track three and popped it out for some Beau Nasty. Just not too terribly crazy about Blonz I guess. :(

still has to be able to play live.....besides, according to Blue Tequila, Bon Jovi IS 1 person...

He is one...

...No wait, he's five! Five is the answer, right? Or is he one again? :unsure:

Jon Bon Jovi is, and always will be, one.

Bon Jovi is a band of 5 people; Jon Bon Jovi (Real name John Bongiovi), Richie Sambora, David Bryan (Real name David Bryan Rashbaum) Tico Torres (real name Hector Juan Tico Torres) and Hugh MacDonald

mini-bio for ya there...

now, Hector? what kind of name is that...

I got through track three and popped it out for some Beau Nasty. Just not too terribly crazy about Blonz I guess. :(

Not even 'Miracles' and 'Hands of love' could get you interested? You're a hard man. So hard, in fact, I will do business transactions with you if you agree to be my American contact.

Not even 'Miracles' and 'Hands of love' could get you interested? You're a hard man. So hard, in fact, I will do business transactions with you if you agree to be my American contact.

It's a deal Geoff. :tumbsup:

Excellent. The first container of novelty rubber bamboo is on it's way as we speak. Can I count on you to have it sold by the end of the month?

Excellent. The first container of novelty rubber bamboo is on it's way as we speak. Can I count on you to have it sold by the end of the month?

It's already sold, and better ship two crates of phony kangaroo poo when you get a chance, I've got several eager buyers lined up.