Blonz - Any fans of this band?

heaven&hell

i hate it when people refer to Bon Jovi as one person...

Bon Jovi is 5 people, Jon Bon Jovi is the person. Bon Jovi has put out 10 studio albums and Jon Bon Jovi has put out 2.

sorry, it just irritates me is all.

Bon Jovi is really five people? That guy really is talented! ;)

Yeah, he's pretty shit on the vocals though, should stick to those other instruments....

i hate it when people refer to Bon Jovi as one person...

Bon Jovi is 5 people, Jon Bon Jovi is the person. Bon Jovi has put out 10 studio albums and Jon Bon Jovi has put out 2.

sorry, it just irritates me is all.

Bon Jovi is really five people? That guy really is talented! ;)

Yeah, he's pretty shit on the vocals though, should stick to those other instruments....

:rofl2:

i was referring to BTs lastpost.

and yeah, 4 plus Hugh....or 7 if theyre touring (Jeff Kazee and Bobby Bandiera, the latter played the solo to Have A Nice Day when i saw them....sacrilige!)

Two extra ??

What do they do,Help carry "Bo's" ego ??

one plays guitar, the other plays keyboards..

Songs like You Give Love A Bad Name have 3 guitars, rhythm and two harmonised guitars....Bon Jovi dont strip their songs down live, they bring them to you as they were heard on the CD.

even if you dont like their music, their live show is excellent.

Yeah that's fair enough. They are good live, I saw them at the O2 & it was a good show. Their last few records bore me senseless, but they have some talented musicians no question....

Yeah that's fair enough. They are good live, I saw them at the O2 & it was a good show. Their last few records bore me senseless, but they have some talented musicians no question....

So get them in on recording sessions... :whistle:

The most talented by far being Hugh Macdonald. Hopefully he is earning a lot of money is all I can say.

Songs like You Give Love A Bad Name have 3 guitars, rhythm and two harmonised guitars....Bon Jovi dont strip their songs down live, they bring them to you as they were heard on the CD.

This is something that has bugged me about all bands for a while. Why put extra stuff on your recordings. I always make it a point to write songs that only need one guitar since I am the only guitarist in the band. There is no way in hell I would ever take out an extra guitarist on the road. That's like this band I saw in a club once. I don't remember their name but they had a keyboardist who played on 2 songs and the rest of the show he shot pool. How lame.

If you can't pull it off live with just your true band then don't fucking record it that way.

This is something that has bugged me about all bands for a while. Why put extra stuff on your recordings. I always make it a point to write songs that only need one guitar since I am the only guitarist in the band. There is no way in hell I would ever take out an extra guitarist on the road. That's like this band I saw in a club once. I don't remember their name but they had a keyboardist who played on 2 songs and the rest of the show he shot pool. How lame.

If you can't pull it off live with just your true band then don't fucking record it that way.

Now,that's a post !!!!!!!!

but you have a picture of Blackie Lawless, who did lead/backing vocals, lead/rhythm guitars, bass and keyboards on Crimson Idol, if im not mistaken.

how is he supposed to play that live as one person?

its down to arrangment, sometimes songs sound alot better with layered guitars or harmonies IMO. where would Motley Crue be without multi-tracking?

infact, i think most of my favourite bands overlay guitars.....Bon Jovi, Guns N Roses, Motley Crue etc...

and if you had 3 guitarists, like maiden, and you want a song with only 2 guitars, or one guitar....then what do the other two guys do while you play it live?

and if you had 3 guitarists, like maiden, and you want a song with only 2 guitars, or one guitar....then what do the other two guys do while you play it live?

Rumor has it that Iron Maiden's roadies haven't even been plugging Janick Gers' guitars in on stage since Adrian Smith rejoined the band in 1999 :lol:

Rumor has it that Iron Maiden's roadies haven't even been plugging Janick Gers' guitars in on stage since Adrian Smith rejoined the band in 1999 :lol:

Janick's always been a better interpretive dancer than a guitarist, anyway :lol:

heh heh, ive heard that before...

Where ???

i have no idea tbh...either from Fat Freddy, or in a guitar magazine or something.

I may have used that Janick Gers joke already. I tend to repeat myself.

Where ???

i have no idea tbh...either from Fat Freddy, or in a guitar magazine or something.

I may have used that Janick Gers joke already. I tend to repeat myself.

Where ???

What ?? A guitar magazine called Gers an interprative dancer ??

Why, yes, I write for that magazine. It's called "GERSMANIA," intended for a select audience of heavy metal guitarists who also specialize in interpretive onstage dance.

You can inspect some of Janick's phat skillz here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_WC0FIpIKto

(BTW don'cha LOVE how nobody seems to really WANT this thread to get back on topic? :lol:)

Why, yes, I write for that magazine. It's called "GERSMANIA," intended for a select audience of heavy metal guitarists who also specialize in interpretive onstage dance.

You can inspect some of Janick's phat skillz here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_WC0FIpIKto

(BTW don'cha LOVE how nobody seems to really WANT this thread to get back on topic? :lol:)

Keep this going, the original thread was boring, pretty much like the band and the references to Bon Jovi are boring me very rigid. :lol:

but you have a picture of Blackie Lawless, who did lead/backing vocals, lead/rhythm guitars, bass and keyboards on Crimson Idol, if im not mistaken.

how is he supposed to play that live as one person?

its down to arrangment, sometimes songs sound alot better with layered guitars or harmonies IMO. where would Motley Crue be without multi-tracking?

infact, i think most of my favourite bands overlay guitars.....Bon Jovi, Guns N Roses, Motley Crue etc...

Ok that post was just ridiculous. You have totally missed any and all points I was trying to make. Blackie recorded the crimson idol by himself because it is a personal record and he never planned to tour behind it. Multi-tracking (doubling a part) is fine because it adds a beefiness that you lose in the studio (which is made up for in a live situation by sheer volume). And if you have three guitarists then you can have three guitar parts. Ritchie Sambora is "The Guitarist" in Bon Faggy and he is the only one listed as a member of the band. Therefore they shouldn't record stuff that their "guitarist" can't pull off on his own.

In Short :

Iron Maiden has three guitarists therefore they can have three different guitar parts.

Bon Jovi has one guitarist. They are allowed one guitar part. Not three different ones.

yeah i know, what i was trying to say....is what if you want a song to stand out more? and you want two guitarists, you're not gonna hire another guitarist to join the band just because of that one song are you?

one of the reasons i love bon jovi is because all their songs have different dynamics, if you ask me...the amount of guitars on a track and can make or break it.

alot of bands (like Metallica) strip their parts down when they play live, they take the best bits from the guitars on the album. Bon Jovi just do it differently.

the only bands with one guitarist that ive heard use one guitar on a record are punk bands tbh.

you are not "allowed" anything, music is music...if it sounds good, do it! i dont see why you should restrict yourself because of live situations.

besides, i believe Led Zeppelin only had one guitarist, yet they overlaid alot of guitars.