Blonz - Any fans of this band?

heaven&hell

Well i'd pick "Smoke This" over "Piece Of Mind" any day!

Picking Lynch Mob over Iron Maiden is sad sad stuff.

Now Wicked Sensation by Lynch Mob is better than anything Bon Jovi has ever done.

Not just to stir the shit cause I like Iron Maiden a lot...but I would take the first two Lynch Mob CD's over any of Maidens....(Oh shit, I can hear Fat Freddy stomping towards me as we speak :)

Well i'd pick "Smoke This" over "Piece Of Mind" any day!

Picking Lynch Mob over Iron Maiden is sad sad stuff.

Now Wicked Sensation by Lynch Mob is better than anything Bon Jovi has ever done.

Not just to stir the shit cause I like Iron Maiden a lot...but I would take the first two Lynch Mob CD's over any of Maidens....(Oh shit, I can hear Fat Freddy stomping towards me as we speak :)

No need to worry about Keith stomping towards you since I live closer. :axe:

With that said it's been noted in these parts how much I do love the first two Lynch Mob cds.

Not all that familiar with Blonz, I vaguely remember seeing ads for the album in magazines back in the day.

However, if I'm not mistaken, when I saw Warrior Soul for the first time in the Fall of '93 (touring for the massively unpopular CHILL PILL album), the original lineup of that band had fallen apart while recording the album so Kory Clarke was fronting a new lineup that included two guitar players, both of whom came from Blonz.

Anybody out there able to confirm that one? I forget if Kory intro'd the new players that way when I saw them or if I read about it somewhere else later on but I'm fairly sure that some of those replacement guys in Warrior Soul did time in Blonz.

That's some info I didn't know. You my friend are a Metal Geek. :lol:

And proud of it, sir. :lol:

and this might anger a few of you....but i cant stand Judas Priest...im just not that interested in that sort of metal..

(Adds Sambora's name to sh*t list)

Not just to stir the shit cause I like Iron Maiden a lot...but I would take the first two Lynch Mob CD's over any of Maidens....(Oh shit, I can hear Fat Freddy stomping towards me as we speak)

(Adds Mullethead to sh*t list, begins loading shot gun)

I'm fairly sure that some of those replacement guys in Warrior Soul did time in Blonz.

That seems like a harsh punishment. :whistle:

I'm fairly sure that some of those replacement guys in Warrior Soul did time in Blonz.

That seems like a harsh punishment. :whistle:

Yet another poor choice of words on my part. :rofl2:

:rofl2: What an excellent discussion.

Iron Maiden Kick Bob and the boys Asses and anyone who says otherwise is being very silly indeed.

A-Fucking-Men. :headbanger:

I personally much prefer Bon Jovi too, but that's just because of my particular tastes in music.

Having a discussion about who's better out of Bon Jovi and Iron Maiden is like asking who prefers Mexican food to Chinese food. I'm sure many love both for their own reasons, but despite being the same thing (food / music) they're really far too different to have a valid discussion over.

Good point - who started this stupid discussion anyways? :lol:

Heaven&Hell i believe....cause he didnt get the joke.

:rofl2: What an excellent discussion.

Iron Maiden Kick Bob and the boys Asses and anyone who says otherwise is being very silly indeed.

A-Fucking-Men. :headbanger:

I personally much prefer Bon Jovi too, but that's just because of my particular tastes in music.

Having a discussion about who's better out of Bon Jovi and Iron Maiden is like asking who prefers Mexican food to Chinese food. I'm sure many love both for their own reasons, but despite being the same thing (food / music) they're really far too different to have a valid discussion over.

Good point - who started this stupid discussion anyways? :lol:

Heaven&Hell i believe....cause he didnt get the joke.

It would really fucking help if you followed a joke with one of those smileys that would let everyone know that you are in fact joking. If you go back to your initial post saying that'd you'd take Smoke this over Piece of Mind any day there is no way to know your joking. <_<

Jesus people, chill the fuck out.

When the fuck did this become a message board where people cannot have differences of opinions on bands, without people resorting to calling people names?

So Sambora likes Bon Jovi, and doesnt like Priest and Maiden....so fucking what?

So some of you dont like Bon Jovi....so fucking what?

Give it a fucking rest.

This message board is fast becoming a place I do not want to visit anymore, cause all I am seeing is a bunch of so called grown up adults picking on someone who is little more than a kid.

I bet you all feel fucking proud of yourselves.

And before anyone says anything, no its not a joke, and you are not just jerking his chain, you are taking every chance you get to take pot shots at him.

Try to educate him, not bully him!

When the fuck did this become a message board where people cannot have differences of opinions on bands, without people resorting to calling people names?

So Sambora likes Bon Jovi, and doesnt like Priest and Maiden....so fucking what?

Give it a fucking rest.

This message board is fast becoming a place I do not want to visit anymore, cause all I am seeing is a bunch of so called grown up adults picking on someone who is little more than a kid.

And before anyone says anything, no its not a joke, and you are not just jerking his chain, you are taking every chance you get to take pot shots at him.

I've never once tried to bully him.

Hell I even hooked him up with 3 or 4 Vain cds when he wasn't sure if he liked them or not.

All I'm saying is if you're joking make sure people know that you're joking that way you don't rub people the wrong way. And for people having differences of a opinion I have no problem with that. Geoff and myself don't always see eye to eye on music tastes but we can joke with each other and we always know when each of us is joking.

Give it a fucking rest.

Hell I even hooked him up with 3 or 4 Vain cds when he wasn't sure if he liked them or not.

All I'm saying is if you're joking make sure people know that you're joking that way you don't rub people the wrong way. And for people having differences of a opinion I have no problem with that. Geoff and myself don't always see eye to eye on music tastes but we can joke with each other and we always know when each of us is joking.

As cousins we have a 6th sense and are receptive to each other's emotions.

In short, we are both emo.

Hold on here...Heaven&Hell never did anything wrong, nor Eaglesfan

Wotty and Jez are the main problem, and even then, atleast Wottys comments are mainly about a band i like rather than myself.

i did not use one of those little emoticons, cause last time i did i got a telling off....so to be safe, i dont really use emoticons much now.

and as usual, this goes back to Jez trying to point at that it was i that started this discussion....although it wasnt really.

so everyone chill, there is only one post on here that is a stab at me, Heaven&Hell is a cool guy as far as im aware, and he hasnt made any personal attacks. and not only did he hook me up with Vain, but he also sent me a link to the Blonz CD!

even Keefs "Shitlist" comments towards Jared and myself, its obvious that they are jokes! there is only one person on the board that in my opinion, takes it too far.

Jesus, since when did musical discussions become personal arguments?

Give it a fucking rest.

Zzzzzz Another person that needs to get a 'Sense of Humour' implant urgently, or needs to loosen the old undies a bit!!

As I and a few others have said before, if people didn't leave themselves wide open to a bit of 'Piss taking', which is DEFINATELY what is is, then maybe we wouldn't do it!! Then again maybe 'we' would, 'cos we like it :lol:

Give it a fucking rest.

Zzzzzz Another person that needs to get a 'Sense of Humour' implant urgently, or needs to loosen the old undies a bit!!

As I and a few others have said before, if people didn't leave themselves wide open to a bit of 'Piss taking', which is DEFINATELY what is is, then maybe we wouldn't do it!! Then again maybe 'we' would, 'cos we like it :lol:

Are you saying that I need a "Sense of Humour" implant? :unsure:

Or are you talking about Captain Howdy?

even Keefs "Shitlist" comments towards Jared and myself, its obvious that they are jokes!

That's cuz I'm not a hater. I try to remain neutral and disinterested whenever things get ugly round here, and occasionally pop up with a half-ass joke to try and break the tension. My office mates call me "Switzerland" because I do the same there. :lol:

But seriously, man... lay off the Maiden boys cuz that shotgun *IS* loaded now, mmm-kay?

Give it a fucking rest.

Haha, I don't think he was talking about you, cousin.

Though... Uncle P. Bear always said he'd fancy you with implants. Breast ones, that is. He's got problems, that guy. Odd that he's on my side of the family.

Wotty and Jez are the main problem, and even then, atleast Wottys comments are mainly about a band i like rather than myself.

i did not use one of those little emoticons, cause last time i did i got a telling off....so to be safe, i dont really use emoticons much now.

and as usual, this goes back to Jez trying to point at that it was i that started this discussion....although it wasnt really.

so everyone chill, there is only one post on here that is a stab at me, Heaven&Hell is a cool guy as far as im aware, and he hasnt made any personal attacks. and not only did he hook me up with Vain, but he also sent me a link to the Blonz CD!

even Keefs "Shitlist" comments towards Jared and myself, its obvious that they are jokes! there is only one person on the board that in my opinion, takes it too far.

Err excuse me (politely)!!- since when Did I 'infer' that it was you who started this post. You may have noticed a Laugh smiley after that comment, which is the way it was intended. Fucking hell (Politely) have certain people not got any sense of humour whatsoever around this place or what. And before you go crying to everyone, I am not being nasty to you. I notice me and Wotty's name cropping up in a lot of your posts recently, you certainly do your own job at trying to get reactions out of people (I have on most occassions not bothered replying recently), so who is taking pot shots at who here? Doesn't bother me one Jot, and you can fire away all day long if you want to, but Please don't make out you are the Picked on Infant here - you seem to have plenty of replies for every post!! If you see me as a 'Problem' ???? and can't stand the heat, then I suggest you go and do what I suggested a few days ago (politely). I am fast seeing why you got your ass banned from the other board you used to frequent.

Fuck me people - chill out

Give it a fucking rest.

:lol: the latter old boy ;)

Give it a fucking rest.

Haha, I don't think he was talking about you, cousin.

Though... Uncle P. Bear always said he'd fancy you with implants. Breast ones, that is. He's got problems, that guy. Odd that he's on my side of the family.

Yes he is one sick fucker. :lol:

Give it a fucking rest.

:lol: the latter old boy ;)

I thought so but my post was the last on your reply so it made me wonder. :unsure:

ignore Jez, ive learnt that he finds humour in taking the piss out of other people. even when they have tried to make peace a million times.

HE JUST CAN'T EVER DROP IT!!!

still, atleast i tried.

You don't know me at all MATE!!! We all take the piss out of each other Child, but I enjoy it more so with you as you leave yourself wide open to it and KEEP ON REACTING TO EVERY POST. Peace? Is this war then, 'cos I am laughing my ass off at the moment. :lol:

plus, Spinal Tap were based on Iron Maiden!

Didn't this line say "Spinal Tap were based on Judas Priest" last time I saw it? :blink: either way... Capt. Howdy sez "try to educate him," so educate him I shall.

Spinal Tap were NOT based on any one band in particular. When Christopher Guest, Rob Reiner, Harry Shearer, and Michael McKean were writing the film they went to see most, if not all, of the popular hard rock bands of the day (early 80s). Iron Maiden were part of that mix, as were Judas Priest (though I remember reading an article years back that said the Tap guys all went to a Priest show and found them "pretty boring"), but they also borrowed bits from other bands as well. A big inspiration was Black Sabbath not only because they were pretty much has-beens by the early 80s, just as Spinal Tap were in the film -- but the "tiny Stonehenge" bit in "Spinal Tap" is a reversal of a real event that happened to Sabbath on their BORN AGAIN tour, their Stonehenge stage set was so huge that it didn't fit into half of the venues they were booked at.

The character of Janine Pettibone (David St. Hubbins' hippie girlfriend who takes over managing the band and arranges their tour dates thereafter according to the band members' astrological signs) is very obviously based on Wendy Dio (Ronnie's wife) who apparently did the same thing as her hubby's manager.

Harry Shearer (aka Derek Smalls) also knew a guy who was on Saxon's road crew so he was able to follow them around on tour for a while, so a lot of his portrayal of Derek Smalls was based on Saxon's bass player at the time (whose name escapes me at the moment) -- the stage moves, the stuffed pants, etc.

Oh, and drummer Stumpy Joe Pepys (who plays drums in the "Listen to the Flower People" clip from the "Pop, Look and Listen" TV show) was played by Ed Begley Jr., noted environmentally friendly actor and star of "St. Elsewhere." That's got nothing to do with the rest of this post, I just thought I'd throw it in there to show what a geek I am about this movie. :lol:

For the record the point of this thread was to find out if anyone liked the band Blonz. :blink:

I guess it should be pretty obvious by now that no one does.

Err excuse me (politely)!!- since when Did I 'infer' that it was you who started this post. You may have noticed a Laugh smiley after that comment, which is the way it was intended. Fucking hell (Politely) have certain people not got any sense of humour whatsoever around this place or what. And before you go crying to everyone, I am not being nasty to you. I notice me and Wotty's name cropping up in a lot of your posts recently, you certainly do your own job at trying to get reactions out of people (I have on most occassions not bothered replying recently), so who is taking pot shots at who here? Doesn't bother me one Jot, and you can fire away all day long if you want to, but Please don't make out you are the Picked on Infant here - you seem to have plenty of replies for every post!! If you see me as a 'Problem' ???? and can't stand the heat, then I suggest you go and do what I suggested a few days ago (politely). I am fast seeing why you got your ass banned from the other board you used to frequent.

Fuck me people - chill out

i notice alot of insults cropping up in your posts lately.

dude, i put up with ALOT of your stupid comments, now im just plain fed up of it. i asked you to shut up about it, and yet you have continued with them (albeit elsewhere)

i made one mistake, and you wont let it go. theres a difference between speaking your mind and being plain rude.

now before everyone attacks me for starting an argument.....ive put up with quite a few stabs to try and keep the peace...but the pisstakes just keep on coming!

im surprised really, i mean im supposed to be the angsty teenager, yet im the one who has to bite my tongue....and you're old enough to be able to control yourself and you make insulting comments like its going out of fashion!

now, can we just call it quits, and never talk to eachother again? then we can all do what we do best.....well what we do best other than arguing.