Blonz - Any fans of this band?

heaven&hell

it was a joke....

but nevertheless, i still think Maiden are overrated..

Not any more over-rated than Bon Jovi.

At least Maiden has continued to play Metal and haven't turned their back on their roots unlike Bon Jovi who totally ingores their first two albums outside of two songs and wants nothing to do with the very scene that made them.

not really hard to stick to your sound when every song sounds the same tho is it....

it was a joke....

but nevertheless, i still think Maiden are overrated..

Not any more over-rated than Bon Jovi.

At least Maiden has continued to play Metal and haven't turned their back on their roots unlike Bon Jovi who totally ingores their first two albums outside of two songs and wants nothing to do with the very scene that made them.

not really hard to stick to your sound when every song sounds the same tho is it....

Just a suggestion SR86 you might want to quit while your ahead your not going to win that argument.

Once again. Most maiden songs don't sound the same. Unless you have a horrible ear for music. And since you play guitar I sincerely hope that's not true.

Listen to an actual maiden album. Not just their "hits" Sun and Steel sounds nothing like Killers, and Still Life sounds nothing like Aces High.

Don't bad mouth bands that you don't even listen to enough to be familiar with their sound (by your own admittance).

unless Wotty owns the whole Jovi back catalogue (which i doubt he does for some reason)....then maybe he should think about not bad mouthing Jovi...

is it me, or are Run To The Hills, Number Of The Beast and Bring Your Daughter the same tempo, relatively...

although after listening to the track "Smoke This" i gotta say......GIVE ME A COPY OF PIECE OF MIND NOW!!!!

unless Wotty owns the whole Jovi back catalogue (which i doubt he does for some reason)....then maybe he should think about not bad mouthing Jovi...

is it me, or are Run To The Hills, Number Of The Beast and Bring Your Daughter the same tempo, relatively...

although after listening to the track "Smoke This" i gotta say......GIVE ME A COPY OF PIECE OF MIND NOW!!!!

I believe in another thread I pointed out many differences in styles for each Maiden album for you.

Not one single Maiden album has all the tracks that sound the same.

I believe in another thread I pointed out many differences in styles for each Maiden album for you.

Not one single Maiden album has all the tracks that sound the same.

I think I've seen it in several threads also.

Sambora... dude, no offence but you have to stop having the same arguments in every thread you post in, mate. :D

You'll begin to sound like a broken record and everyone will hate you.

In other words, you'll become me!

No, nothing but that!!!

i didnt mean that EVERY song sounded the same.....because i havent heard every single song, but i do say that their hits sound the same...

no reason not to like them, i also think alot of Ratts songs sound the same, but i still own a few of their albums.....i just dont like Maiden, the guitar licks all seem to be basic pentatonic stuff, the singers voice annoys me...

No, nothing but that!!!

i didnt mean that EVERY song sounded the same.....because i havent heard every single song, but i do say that their hits sound the same...

no reason not to like them, i also think alot of Ratts songs sound the same, but i still own a few of their albums.....i just dont like Maiden, the guitar licks all seem to be basic pentatonic stuff, the singers voice annoys me...

Bruce Dickinson is 20,000 times the singer John Bon Jovi is.

It might not be your thing but you can't deny the talent of Iron Maiden.

As for their hit songs sounding the same, what hit songs are you talking about?

The band really didn't have any "hit" songs instead they sold albums by word of mouth and by being the greatest Live Metal band ever.

If you're talking about their well known songs then I don't hear anything remotely similar in songs such as "The Trooper" and "Can I Play with Madness". Sure there might be a song that sounds similar here and there but in case you didn't know that's called a bands "signature sound". Even Bon Jovi has songs that are similar to other songs in their catalog.

IRON MAIDEN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BON JOVI

i have admitted many times that The Trooper is the exception....but Bring Your Daughter, Run To The Hills and Number Of The Beast all sound so alike to me.

plus, Spinal Tap were based on Iron Maiden!

Spinal Tap was based on the whole Metal genre not one band.

The Stonehenge was based on Ian Gillan era Black Sabbath.

And the songs you listed don't sound a like. :nyanya:

judas priest or iron maiden, who's your fave? :whistle:

It's real close for me but Maiden always has been my fav of the two bands.

yes it is close but for me...............priest.

Aeolian is just harmonic Minor tho, which only expands the Minor pentatonic to a Normal Minor Scale...by 2 notes. Dorian on the other hand is quite a creative scale (although i prefer Phrygian), so ill hand it to them there...

unlike Wotty, i have not once said "Iron Maiden are the shittiest band around" ive simply stated that i, personally, do not like them....and the reasons behind that...they are good musicians (well, still not sure about Bruce..)

and this might anger a few of you....but i cant stand Judas Priest...im just not that interested in that sort of metal..

Aeolian is just harmonic Minor tho, which only expands the Minor pentatonic to a Normal Minor Scale...by 2 notes.

and this might anger a few of you....but i cant stand Judas Priest...im just not that interested in that sort of metal..

Man it looks like I really stirred up the hornets nest. Dude I'm tellin' ya quit while your ahead, now your going to have Keef to deal with now that you brought Priest into this.

Well i'd pick "Smoke This" over "Piece Of Mind" any day!

OOOOOOH NO YOU DIN'T!!! :spvader:

well i cant like EVERY popular band.....otherwise id be listening to Fall Out Boy and Green Day!

Well i'd pick "Smoke This" over "Piece Of Mind" any day!

OOOOOOH NO YOU DIN'T!!! :spvader:

Smoke This has a couple of cool instrumentals on it thatd be worth spending a couple of quid on...

Aeolian is just harmonic Minor tho, which only expands the Minor pentatonic to a Normal Minor Scale...by 2 notes. Dorian on the other hand is quite a creative scale (although i prefer Phrygian), so ill hand it to them there...

unlike Wotty, i have not once said "Iron Maiden are the shittiest band around" ive simply stated that i, personally, do not like them....and the reasons behind that...they are good musicians (well, still not sure about Bruce..)

All seven modes or scales (whichever you prefer to call them) only increase the pentatonic by two notes.

There are some "exotic" scales that have more than 7 notes but they are very rarely used. Whole tone and chromatic scales also have more but you can't build licks out of them really. They are pretty much there to keep you in time by allowing you to choose passing notes that aren't in your normal scale to get from point a to point b.

Sorry about the guitar lesson boys. I'm a nerd about guitar.

:rofl2: What an excellent discussion.

Iron Maiden Kick Bob and the boys Asses and anyone who says otherwise is being very silly indeed.

Iron Maiden Kick Bob and the boys Asses and anyone who says otherwise is being very silly indeed.

A-Fucking-Men. :headbanger:

I personally much prefer Bon Jovi too, but that's just because of my particular tastes in music.

Having a discussion about who's better out of Bon Jovi and Iron Maiden is like asking who prefers Mexican food to Chinese food. I'm sure many love both for their own reasons, but despite being the same thing (food / music) they're really far too different to have a valid discussion over.

A-Fucking-Men. :headbanger:

I personally much prefer Bon Jovi too, but that's just because of my particular tastes in music.

Having a discussion about who's better out of Bon Jovi and Iron Maiden is like asking who prefers Mexican food to Chinese food. I'm sure many love both for their own reasons, but despite being the same thing (food / music) they're really far too different to have a valid discussion over.

Good point - who started this stupid discussion anyways? :lol: