Jon Oliva's Pain

Fat Freddy

gwcover.jpg

SWEET cover!! :beerbang:

The album is due in March via AFM/Locomotive.

Can't wait!

Love that cover. I really liked "Maniacal Renderings" so can't wait for this. Hopefully we'll get a new CIRCLE II CIRCLE album this year too....

Love that cover. I really liked "Maniacal Renderings" so can't wait for this. Hopefully we'll get a new CIRCLE II CIRCLE album this year too....

There was a news bit about Circle II Circle on Blabbermouth yesterday, I forget exactly what it said, but the gist of it was that there will indeed be a new C-II-C album sometime in 2008. :beerbang:

That's the same name as Burn's last album. Thief!

Was their album cover half as cool as this one?? I highly doubt it. <_<

Nah... this one's definitely pretty metal. Looks like a party I had a couple of weekends ago.

Mechanical Renderings was a badass album so I'll be looking forward to this one.

There's a new CIIC album this year too, so all of us Sava junkies will have our plates full in 2008. :banger:

The only thing that would be better would be a new Savatage album, but that'll probably never ever happen again. :crying:

Mechanical Renderings was a badass album so I'll be looking forward to this one.

Are you sure you don't mean "MANIACAL Renderings?" :lol:

Sure if you say so. :lol:

I'm not sure what happened there, I guess I had Tesla in my head for some reason. :anon:

Nah... this one's definitely pretty metal. Looks like a party I had a couple of weekends ago.

Hey Geoff.... did you have those little pink fruity drinks at your party....? :whistle:

Hey Geoff.... did you have those little pink fruity drinks at your party....? :whistle:

Yeah, plenty of pink drinks. Talk about a bunch of guys who can’t hold their drinks, though. Literally. They kept spilling it out through their open necks, if it even made it past their slack jaws. Last time I party with those clowns. No one even appreciated the efforts I went to to get a fresh corpse for the main meal.

I'm not sure what happened there, I guess I had Tesla in my head for some reason. :anon:

So does that mean you were listening to "Maniacal Resonance?" :lol:

So does that mean you were listening to "Maniacal Resonance?" :lol:

No. :whistle:

• 5 months later...
Has anyone heard this cd yet?

I haven't heard anything about it, is it even out yet?

I just heard a song off of it over at AFM's myspace it was killer.

Yep I've had this for a while, awesome stuff. Probably better than "Maniacal Renderings". Def check it out.

Doesn't make up for how disappointing the new CIRCLE II CIRCLE is though....

Yep I've had this for a while, awesome stuff. Probably better than "Maniacal Renderings". Def check it out.

Disappointing? CIIC?

I think it's pretty damn good. Not as good as the debut or the last album but I like it better than the second one.

I still haven't heard the new J.O.P., and I'm the one who started this damn thread in the first place! Sheesh, I should be ashamed huh? :angry:

Disappointing? CIIC?

I think it's pretty damn good. Not as good as the debut or the last album but I like it better than the second one.

I just can't get into it, is much more raw sounding. I've spun it 4 or 5 times & although I love the vocals I'm still not getting any of the tunes to stick in my head. And that f***ing digipack looks awful... I will stick with it....

• 7 months later...

If anybody still cares, I did finally get my hands on J.O.P.'s GLOBAL WARNING, and it is pretty sh*t kickin... and I liked the new Circle II Circle as well... but in the 2008 Battle of the Former Savatage Vocalists, I think I liked Circle II Circle's album just a lil' bit better.

Jon O. still rules tho.

If anybody still cares, I did finally get my hands on J.O.P.'s GLOBAL WARNING, and it is pretty sh*t kickin... and I liked the new Circle II Circle as well... but in the 2008 Battle of the Former Savatage Vocalists, I think I liked Circle II Circle's album just a lil' bit better.

Jon O. still rules tho.

Backed, CIIC>JOP.

Jon O. still rules tho.

Backed, CIIC>JOP.

Seriously, UN-BACKED. The last CIIC was one of my very fave Melodic/Power Metal discs, but totally disappointed by the latest - so much so it went into storage with a whole load of other discs I never play. JOP just get better & better, & whereas Zach's clearly the better vocalist, he lost this battle IMO....

Jon O. still rules tho.

Backed, CIIC>JOP.

Seriously, UN-BACKED. The last CIIC was one of my very fave Melodic/Power Metal discs, but totally disappointed by the latest - so much so it went into storage with a whole load of other discs I never play. JOP just get better & better, & whereas Zach's clearly the better vocalist, he lost this battle IMO....

I think your the only one that didin't like the new CIIC.

I think it's great but not as great as 'Burden'.