Lost - Season Premier January 31st

heaven&hell

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any thoughts on last nights episode?

So it looks like six of them make it off the island. But which six? And who is left behind?

Hmm... my guess on who the Oceanic Six are:

Jack

Hurley

Kate <--- the first 3 are obvious

Sawyer

Michael (I also believe he's who was in the casket)

Walt

I believe at some point, these 6 are going to be faced with a choice; take your opportunity to leave the island NOW, or stay and help all your friends...and of course, they made the wrong choice, and now can not live with themselves.

I found it interesting that Hurley was able to see "Jacob"

Is Oceanic Air actually intertwined with the island's dark secret?

Damn good episode...a damn shame we're only going to get 8 of 'em this season... :crying:

i tend to steer clear of anything Disney related......its normally crap these days and if its good....they dont give it up until they ruin it.

Pirates Of The Carribean is a good example, first one was excellent, second one was good, third one sucked.....and ruined the first two.

dissapointment is inevitable (which, being British, i should crave dissapointment)

but ive hated Disney for about 4 or 5 years now so its hard to get me to watch something they put out...

Any thoughts on last nights episode?

So it looks like six of them make it off the island. But which six? And who is left behind?

Hmm... my guess on who the Oceanic Six are:

Jack

Hurley

Kate <--- the first 3 are obvious

Sawyer

Michael (I also believe he's who was in the casket)

Walt

I believe at some point, these 6 are going to be faced with a choice; take your opportunity to leave the island NOW, or stay and help all your friends...and of course, they made the wrong choice, and now can not live with themselves.

I found it interesting that Hurley was able to see "Jacob"

Is Oceanic Air actually intertwined with the island's dark secret?

Damn good episode...a damn shame we're only going to get 8 of 'em this season... :crying:

You might be right about the six, but it never occurred to me that it could be Michael in the casket.

Did you watch Eli Stone last night?

It had all of these strange commercials for Oceanic Air during the commercial breaks.

Where is that guy that was the others leader? The one that brought Ben into the group.

I don't remember them ever showing him last night.

Alright who are these new people?

Is the guy they're working for from the Dharma Initiative?

The skinny black guy? Could be. When he first appeared last week he claimed he was an Oceanic Airlines employee, but he obviously has something more sinister going on.

If they're not Dharma Initiative employees, then they're treasure hunters of some sort, trying to track down whatever remains of the Dharma project. Hell, I'm still trying to figure out how a polar bear with a Dharma Initiative collar wound up buried in the desert in Tunisia.

Did you watch Eli Stone last night?

It had all of these strange commercials for Oceanic Air during the commercial breaks.

I tried to watch that show last week but it was too damned silly for me. It reminded me of "Ally McBeal" (which I hated) a little too much. So I wasn't gonna sit thru it again just to catch some random "Lost" tidbits (all of which are probably available on YouTube by now anyway).

I had forgotten about that scene with the bear.

Yea, and the chick digging it up was the same English chick who parachuted onto the island, got stuck in a tree, and wound up hanging (against her will) with Locke's crew. When she found the remains of the Dharma collar at the dig site, she kinda got this "Mmm-HM!" look on her face. She didn't seem at all surprised that it was a polar bear either, despite the fact that they were zillions of miles from where any polar bears should be.

Yea, and the chick digging it up was the same English chick who parachuted onto the island, got stuck in a tree, and wound up hanging (against her will) with Locke's crew. When she found the remains of the Dharma collar at the dig site, she kinda got this "Mmm-HM!" look on her face. She didn't seem at all surprised that it was a polar bear either, despite the fact that they were zillions of miles from where any polar bears should be.

I knew it was the same woman, I had just forgotten about the bear scene until you mentioned it.

That psychic guy seems like a real winner.

Going into a ladies house and finds some money and just helps himself.

As of right now I think that that guy that's employing them that had talked to Hurley sent them to find Ben to either capture him or kill him for what he did to the original Dharma people. If that is the case it begs the question how he knew that Ben killed all of those people. Then again with this show I'm probably way off and it's something else that won't make any sense for at least another few episodes. If the man does in fact work for the airline does that mean that they had the plane crash on purpose?

I knew it was the same woman, I had just forgotten about the bear scene until you mentioned it.

As of right now I think that that guy that's employing them that had talked to Hurley sent them to find Ben to either capture him or kill him for what he did to the original Dharma people. If that is the case it begs the question how he knew that Ben killed all of those people. Then again with this show I'm probably way off and it's something else that won't make any sense for at least another few episodes. If the man does in fact work for the airline does that mean that they had the plane crash on purpose?

The story line has gotten so involved that I fully expect to have questions even after the series is dead and gone... :yikes:

The story line has gotten so involved that I fully expect to have questions even after the series is dead and gone... :yikes:

Yeah this is probably gonna be one where I'm gonna have to watch the DVDS over and over trying to find stuff out.

Anyone have any thoughts on last weeks episode?

Siad working for Ben in the future was a hell of a twist.

As was Hurley screwing over Siad and Kate.

Anyone else notice that Harold Perrineau(Michael) has been listed on the cast all season?

I just did a search and it looks like he shows up on the episode due to air April 24th in episode 9.

I'm guessing it will be something in the future unless he comes back to help try to rescue them.

Anyone else notice that Harold Perrineau(Michael) has been listed on the cast all season?

I just did a search and it looks like he shows up on the episode due to air April 24th in episode 9.

I'm guessing it will be something in the future unless he comes back to help try to rescue them.

Just when you think the twists can't get any twistyer ........ :lol: ...love this show...too bad shows with this amount of imagination are scarcer than honest politicians.....

Not sure why but I knew the person Sayed was reporting in to was Ben from the beginning.Just something my twisted mine wanted and expected. I also noticed the actor who played Michael was listed in the opening credits. So we have seen 4 of the Oeanic 6 at this point. Any guesses on the last 2? I don't count Ben because he wasn't on the flight. I say the last 2 are James/Sawyer and Claire. Just my guesses. No particular reasons. I am still wondering why the hell Jack keeps talking like hi father is alive in the future. I think that puzzles me ore than anything. Alternate reality perhaps. I was also questioning the polar bear skeleton found in the desert, but I remember someone saying there were Dharma bases all over or something like that. So I am chalking that up to the site of one of those bases for now.

Not sure why but I knew the person Sayed was reporting in to was Ben from the beginning.Just something my twisted mine wanted and expected. I also noticed the actor who played Michael was listed in the opening credits. So we have seen 4 of the Oeanic 6 at this point. Any guesses on the last 2? I don't count Ben because he wasn't on the flight. I say the last 2 are James/Sawyer and Claire. Just my guesses. No particular reasons. I am still wondering why the hell Jack keeps talking like hi father is alive in the future. I think that puzzles me ore than anything. Alternate reality perhaps. I was also questioning the polar bear skeleton found in the desert, but I remember someone saying there were Dharma bases all over or something like that. So I am chalking that up to the site of one of those bases for now.

Does Claire count as 1 or 2..??? :) Anyway my guess on the last two are Juliette and Desmond.......

Does Claire count as 1 or 2..??? :) Anyway my guess on the last two are Juliette and Desmond.......

But Juliette and Desmond weren't on the plane so they don't count.

Another question is, when will Jack and Claire find out that they're half siblings?

But Juliette and Desmond weren't on the plane so they don't count.

Another question is, when will Jack and Claire find out that they're half siblings?

Damn I forgot about that..........okay my new picks are Sun and Walt...........

Not going to post any spoilers til after the west coast airing, but who else had the big swerve figured out about midway through the episode? :popcorn:

Not going to post any spoilers til after the west coast airing, but who else had the big swerve figured out about midway through the episode? :popcorn:

If your talking about the baby situation then no I was clueless until the end.

And is it me or is the whole helicopter taking a different time to get place then what it should remind anyone of the movie the Langoliers?

And why 3.2 million dollars?

And on the stand Jack says that only 8 survived the crash?

If that's their story then they have to say that 2 die since only six get off the Island.

And is it me or is the whole helicopter taking a different time to get place then what it should remind anyone of the movie the Langoliers?

If that's their story then they have to say that 2 die since only six get off the Island.

Saw the baby thing coming once she mentioned her son. Kept thinking to myself, why would Jack have a problem with the baby? Is it Sawyer's child? How can that be when I think it's Aaron? Then I thought about it. It's his nephew and if he knows Claire is his half sister, then he knows it's his nephew. If something happened to Claire, it makes sense that he would be sensistive about it. Is Aaron one of the Oceanic Six? Does he count? Was surprised there was not a new member of the six shown last night. Jack lied on the stand. At least I think he did. He said Kate pulled him out of the water, but he woke up in the jungle. Unless we find out she did and he just woke up in the jungle, Jack lied to help her. Ben's line about his present situation being somewhat restricting was great when Myles gave him 2 days to come up with the money was classic. And yes, why 3.2 million? It occurred to me that Myles may be Ben's mole on the boat as well. Myles is just quirky enough to be interesting.

Saw the baby thing coming once she mentioned her son. Kept thinking to myself, why would Jack have a problem with the baby? Is it Sawyer's child? How can that be when I think it's Aaron? Then I thought about it. It's his nephew and if he knows Claire is his half sister, then he knows it's his nephew. If something happened to Claire, it makes sense that he would be sensistive about it. Is Aaron one of the Oceanic Six? Does he count? Was surprised there was not a new member of the six shown last night. Jack lied on the stand. At least I think he did. He said Kate pulled him out of the water, but he woke up in the jungle. Unless we find out she did and he just woke up in the jungle, Jack lied to help her. Ben's line about his present situation being somewhat restricting was great when Myles gave him 2 days to come up with the money was classic. And yes, why 3.2 million? It occurred to me that Myles may be Ben's mole on the boat as well. Myles is just quirky enough to be interesting.

I don't think Aaron counts as one of the six since he technically wasn't on the manifest.

Kate said to Jack towards the end that he's told that story so many times it's like he believes it.

So I'm sure his story on the stand was a lie.

As soon as Kate's lawyer mentioned that they needed to bring "him" into the courtroom as a show of her character, and she said that she didn't want her son to be part of this, I just knew it was Aaron. That exchange wouldn't have made quite as much sense if it were her own child, but, if she had become mother for a child whose own mother could no longer care for it.... it made perfect sense. :tumbsup:

Some random thoughts/questions...

Anyone else wondering why someone hasn't caught Locke off guard and just whipped the immortal dogshit outta him? :tumbsup:

I think both Claire and Juliette are hotter than Kate. :yikes:

I'm still thinking that it's going to be Michael in the casket

What's Penny been up to since speaking with Charlie? Scouring the Earth looking for Desmond I would hope...

Ahh... I love this show. :banana: