Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

stuck in lodi

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow we are way off topic here.

So did anyone watch this last night?

Yea, I watched both episodes back to back last night. Pretty kick ass. Nice to see Sarah Connor back in action again. I think the main reason I didn't care for Terminator 3 very much was because she'd been written out of the series.

That female "good" Terminator is a cutie too!

The funny thing for me is that I think the majority of new “normal” TV shows are far more mind numbing than reality TV. I think a part of my brain dies every time I see another seen-it-all-14,000-times-before case on those murder shows, or another seen-it-all-14,000-times-before medical procedure on one of those shows, or another seen-it-all-14,000-times-before court hearing on one of those shows. If that is any less mind-numbing than a show like ‘Survivor’ then call me a famous dancer with tears in my eyes.

Nothing I can see on TV is going to expand my mind, unless I go out of my way to watch a learning channel or documentaries. But for me, TV and music is about entertainment and getting away from it all. Not learning. That’s what books, study and schools are for.

Aussie TV is overrun by American reality tv, American comedy and American drama/crime investigation/law stuff...

hence i dont watch tv anymore..

But the most unfortunate thing about that is that as bad as most of it is, Aussie shows are even worse… and let’s not even get started on British ones. British people should have video cameras banned over there.

I watch probably 3-4 shows a week (at most), whereas I once used to watch about 3-4 per night.

I actually watched 2 Aussie programs last year....Sea Patrol and Homicide...I thought both to be quite good...........I think I'm in the majority when I say reality shows suck....I watch tv and movies to temporarily escape into a fantasy world , the exception being docs...news and sports have moved into the fantasy world IMO..... if you want reality shut off the boob tube get off the couch and go out somewhere....

As for my own reality – no, I can’t say I have ever been stuck on an island with a group of strangers and forced to compete for my place there, or trapped in a house with strangers, or given 12 ladiez to chose a wife from... etc.

By the very definition of the term "reality", those situations you refer to are merely staged, so even labeling those shows as reality is a misnomer. Verne Troyer pissing in a corner in a house full of strangers would be unlikely to happen unless he was placed in that situation of a fabricated setting. Reality is the survivors of a plane crash in the Andes Mountains resorting to cannibalism to survive; reality is not placing a bunch of wannabe celewhores in a created situation and then filming the results. Even the category itself is a sham. I won't allow the likes of Mark Burnett to foist his feeble dreck upon me as entertainment when it's nothing more than airheaded fluff served up for dreamers, who feel compelled to follow every move of a bunch of no talents playing staged fantasy games. If you're content to have the wool pulled over your eyes by believing what you're viewing is "reality", then you'll likely believe anything TV tells you. What little intelligence TV has left is being sucked out of it by this garbage, but this stating of the obvious apparently does not apply - I can lead you to water, but can't make you drink. In the unlikely event I ever become addicted to that vast nothingness known as Reality TV, please grab a shotgun and put an end to my uselessness. They shoot horses, don't they?

I agree 100% - the "reality" TV I watch is in fact not reality at all. But that's what it's labelled as and that's what I enjoy. People appear to take the term far too literally. What I don't understand is that in the same argument people say stuff like "get off the couch and live your own reality TV show" yet also acknowledge that "reality TV" is nothing like anyone's every day life.

Just like the rest of shit on TV, it's just entertainment. Thinking it's any worse than the rest of the shit out there just seems like some sort of absent-minded validation for liking the rest of the shit out there instead of it. :)

I actually watched 2 Aussie programs last year....Sea Patrol and Homicide...I thought both to be quite good

As good as 'JAG' and every other one of the 18,000 other cop/detective/murder mystery shows out there? Whether they're "good" for what they are is no longer a concern of mine. The fact that they're identical to 25 other shows that night is what makes me completely disinterested.

Good acting and writing leaves an imprint upon your mind, as does the awful dreck of Reality programming, but I'd much rather be moved by the talent of actors and writers than captivated by the memory of flavor-of-the-month media whores trying to scarf down a plate of worms on an island to win a trumped-up contest. Literature and art are immortal; ordinary Joes competing for prizes are a dime a dozen and ultimately forgettable.

One of the things I hate most in this feeble existence is putting people on pedestals when they don't deserve it. Yeah, reality TV show "stars" are nobodies... but what makes these shitheads on 18,000 cop shows so worthy of our appreciation and awe? Because they went to acting school and got a big break?

If you're telling me that you, myself or little Joey Cochrane in the corner over there is incapable of writing a script for an episode of 'Law and order' or every show like it, or a hospital/courtroom/sitcom show I would be completely offended.

Wow we are way off topic here.

So did anyone watch this last night?

Yea, I watched both episodes back to back last night. Pretty kick ass. Nice to see Sarah Connor back in action again. I think the main reason I didn't care for Terminator 3 very much was because she'd been written out of the series.

That female "good" Terminator is a cutie too!

It looks like we're the only ones that are still on topic. :whistle:

It looks like we're the only ones that are still on topic. :whistle:

Which is ironic as hell, cuz you and I have hijacked many a thread in our day. :cheer:

i just hope they dont ruin the continuity of the 3rd film with this series...

like introduce something that just doesnt connect to the films properly..

also, whos looking forward to the new Terminator Trilogy?

The series takes place between the events of "T2" and "T3" and if they ever inadvertently do anything that might damage said continuity, I'm sure they can always explain it away with "Well so-and-so time jumped to (year) at this point and changed everything back to the way it was, blah de blah de blah"

I'm all for this series cuz I didn't think "T3" was very good anyways.

All I know about the new "Terminator" flicks is that supposedly Christian Bale will be playing the adult John Connor.

I loved that blonde girl in the third 'Terminator' movie. Yum.

She was the best part of "T3." :) The rest of the film was just "meh" ... disappointing as hell, cuz I was a HUGE fan of the first two.

I will admit that the ending was kinda cool, if a bit bleak...

the new film is set like 2 years before the T-800 was built, it wasnt even on the drawing board....but arnie should be makin a cameo in the 2nd 2, and possibly a cameo as a soldier in the next film (as a soldier that they base the T-800 on apparently)

its only just starting, so its anyones guess as to whos in it and what it centers round..

The new Sarah Connor is a bit lacking. I'm hoping her acting gets better as the show goes along. Sometimes it was almost hard to watch she was so bad. Looks like they could have just put some makeup on Linda Hamilton. Nobody would have known the difference.

I would also like to point out that I love T3. I just got the HD-DVD version of it in the mail today. It was a great movie. One of Arnold's finest.

• 4 weeks later...

This premiered in Australia last night and I gave it a watch as it was on between 2 shows my wife watches.

I have to say, I didn't mind it. The new protector good terminator has very nice breasts, which was the feature of the episode and I only have one question about this series...

Why?

Why bother? Is it just going to be episode after episiode of Sarah, John and the girl with the nice rack running from the law and the bad terminator? I mean, 3 movies about it was a stretch but they did all 3 very well. Now they plan to use the same formula week after week for a series? Will that not bore even the most tolerant viewer? I won't watch it every week, but will pop in every now and then to see what happens. Something tells me I can probably watch one in every 10 episodes, the way it started out. :)

"The new protector good terminator "

Ah, Summer Glau (sp?). She was in Firefly / Serenity and has been on 4400 as well.

Ah, I thought I'd seen those breasts- uh, I mean her face before.

I kid, as I've never seen those two shows. But that doesn't dampen how hilarious that was.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sad to say I didn't make it to the second episode. :( How many episodes were in the season? I didn't think were were that far behind you guys but I think we're up to episode 5 (?) here. How did it go so quick?

I kind of liked the show. The problem is that the show has absolutely nothing to do with the movies. It's like they just decided to take the characters from the movie and throw them into a random story. The Sarah Connor character is completely different from the movies to the show and John Connor acts completely different in all the Terminator stuff. It also seems they have thrown out all the rules set forth in the series. The show allows anyone and everyone to jump through time like it's no big deal.

The show may be decent entertainment, but it should in no way be linked directly to the movies. It should only be an "What If" scenario.

I lost track of it after the third or fourth episode and never got back to it. It was cool for what it was, but it wasn't an "Omigod I gotta watch this show tonight or I'll die," must-see kinda thing for me.

Anyone know how it was doing in the ratings? Will it be back for a second season?

I lost track of it after the third or fourth episode and never got back to it. It was cool for what it was, but it wasn't an "Omigod I gotta watch this show tonight or I'll die," must-see kinda thing for me.

Anyone know how it was doing in the ratings? Will it be back for a second season?

From what I've read the ratings were good for the first few episodes but last I saw it was on the fence for a second season.