Kid Courageous

Geoff

... which is why I hate getting into genre discussions.

To cut this chat short a little later than it should have been... the songs kick ass, 10 of these 13 songs are on my Ipod of favouritest tunes ever and it kicks my ass. So reggae, pop, punk, hard rock, latin dance... whatever you want to call it - I love it! :)

If you are going to 'Categorise' something, trying not to label stuff in the broadest sense of the term 'Melodic Hard Rock' (better not to categorise it at all imho) may help the cause. Maybe people wouldn't pick you up on it and the discussions wouldn't take place in the first place??? :whistle:

... which is why I hate getting into genre discussions.

To cut this chat short a little later than it should have been... the songs kick ass, 10 of these 13 songs are on my Ipod of favouritest tunes ever and it kicks my ass. So reggae, pop, punk, hard rock, latin dance... whatever you want to call it - I love it! :)

If you are going to 'Categorise' something, trying not to label stuff in the broadest sense of the term 'Melodic Hard Rock' (better not to categorise it at all imho) may help the cause. Maybe people wouldn't pick you up on it and the discussions wouldn't take place in the first place??? :whistle:

At the end of the day, invalid discussion or not, I still think this is kick-ass melodic hard rock with a pop/punk style vocalist. I may have been told I'm wrong... but it's still what I think anyway.

There's talks often on this board about not being close minded and giving music a chance and so on. Many people will write this off as what you label it to be, but I hope some people who have a genuine love for all things hopelessly melodic will give this a go and regardless of misconceptions and generalisations they'll listen and, like me, discover music that is no less awesome than the kick-ass melodic hard rock we support on this very site.

I just bought their Dear Diary album today and I was quite impressed. They remind me a bit of another of my favourite recent Aussie bands - After The Fall. Geoff if you haven't heard After The Fall, do yourself a favour and get their album 'Always Forever Now'. They're probably not as melodic as Kid Courageous but equally rockin'.

I don't really want to enter into a genre discussion/debate but I do want to attempt to describe this sort of music to others out there. Basically I see bands such as Kid Courageous, Jimmy Eat World, Motor Ace, Gyroscope, After The Fall, Just Surrender, Faber Drive, Best Of Seven, 18 Visions, Kiss Chasey etc. etc. etc. as modern melodic rock. Many of these bands do get labelled as punk rock but I think what separates them from other 'true' punk bands is the great melodies and overall smooth production that many of these bands have. I enjoy listening to these bands from time to time. It doesn't hurt to listen to something modern sounding once in a while.

• 3 weeks later...

The music was pretty cool but when the "singer" opened his mouth, it was all over for me. This is the type of vocals I just can't stand. Whiny teeny-bopper look-at-me-I'm-emo. Damn I can't stand that crap. :hammer:

• 10 months later...

For the whole two other fans of this band, I've seen this at various places on the internet: with their second album released in Japan (7th August 2008) on Radtone Music.

However I can't find out anything at all about it. I assume they have already lost their Aussie deal (despite a couple of moderately successful singles) and are going to have to release the 2nd disc in Japan. But how anyone knows if it actually does exist or how to get it is beyond me.

For the whole two other fans of this band, I've seen this at various places on the internet: with their second album released in Japan (7th August 2008) on Radtone Music.

However I can't find out anything at all about it. I assume they have already lost their Aussie deal (despite a couple of moderately successful singles) and are going to have to release the 2nd disc in Japan. But how anyone knows if it actually does exist or how to get it is beyond me.

Actually I found 2 songs that supposedly is from the second release: "Departed" & "Bobby Dazzler".

But the links didn't work :(

Actually I found 2 songs that supposedly is from the second release: "Departed" & "Bobby Dazzler".

Yeah, they're both on their myspace page - should work there as I was listening to them a few weeks ago:

Myspace

'Departed' is pretty cool, but neither sound as good as the material on the debut.

Yeah, they're both on their myspace page - should work there as I was listening to them a few weeks ago:

Myspace

'Departed' is pretty cool, but neither sound as good as the material on the debut.

:doh: Myspace of course! Stupid me. Have some patience for a fool like me :whistle:

Yeah it's all a bit of a mystery this one. There is almost nothing to be said of it anywhere on the internet. I get the feeling the band may have split and there will be no 2nd album. I've sent an E-Mail to the producer and I'll let you know what he has to say. I'd certainly love to hear more from these guys. Love that debut album.

Yeah it's all a bit of a mystery this one. There is almost nothing to be said of it anywhere on the internet. I get the feeling the band may have split and there will be no 2nd album. I've sent an E-Mail to the producer and I'll let you know what he has to say. I'd certainly love to hear more from these guys. Love that debut album.

Yeah, it does look like there's not much at all happening with the band at the moment - as you say, a split looks probable. But it'd be a tragedy to see that second album (which has obviously been recorded) get shelved.

• 5 months later...

Well, looks like the new CD (self titled) is well and truly released in Japan as of 2nd of April this year.

http://www.myspace.com/kidcourageous

Buy it here for Y2,100 (aud$28.40) but don't ask me how to buy it. Or anything else about it:

http://www.radtone.jp/bands.html

Seriously, wtf? Do the band not care about selling their CDs? The myspace page is f*cking pathetic and there is no guidance to buy this CD. I want this as bad as any CD out there at the moment, but f*ck knows how and if I ever will. :(

• 2 months later...
Well, looks like the new CD (self titled) is well and truly released in Japan as of 2nd of April this year.

Buy it here for Y2,100 (aud$28.40) but don't ask me how to buy it. Or anything else about it:

Seriously, wtf? Do the band not care about selling their CDs? The myspace page is f*cking pathetic and there is no guidance to buy this CD. I want this as bad as any CD out there at the moment, but f*ck knows how and if I ever will. :(

Yeah there's a few places in Japan selling this CD but unless you can read Japanese writing then you have no hope of geting it. Websites written in German etc. I can usually figure out using an online translator and know what I'm clicking on. But these Japanese websites...god only knows what buttons I'd be clicking on and what I'd be commiting myself to. Seems a lot of people have been asking the band about the Aussie release date etc. but the band chooses to ignore their fans. Pretty disappointing really.

Yep, they make excellent music but the actual running of this band is possibly the worst I've ever seen. No indication at all there will even be an Aussie release. I wonder what these guys are actually doing... very disappointing.

I just wish I could find a download link for the new album... it'd actually serve them right. :lol: Plus I really, really want to hear it.

Yep, they make excellent music but the actual running of this band is possibly the worst I've ever seen. No indication at all there will even be an Aussie release. I wonder what these guys are actually doing... very disappointing.

I just wish I could find a download link for the new album... it'd actually serve them right. :lol: Plus I really, really want to hear it.

Yeah I thought the same thing, can't find it anywhere though.

• 3 weeks later...

A post on their MySpace page yesterday indicates that the new album is now available in Australia...no details whatsoever though...looks like this post may have been made by a fan, not the band.

Ive passed this in the JB bin so many times... and Geoff... I DONT CARE!!!

Your loss, chump.

I will now start a search for this supposed Aussie release.

Yeah there's a few places in Japan selling this CD but unless you can read Japanese writing then you have no hope of geting it. Websites written in German etc. I can usually figure out using an online translator and know what I'm clicking on. But these Japanese websites...god only knows what buttons I'd be clicking on and what I'd be commiting myself to. Seems a lot of people have been asking the band about the Aussie release date etc. but the band chooses to ignore their fans. Pretty disappointing really.

If you can get the title, label and catalgoue number cdjapan will order it for you.

they have done this for me before for an item they didn't stock/

Ok I've finally given in and bought the damn thing from cdjapan as per Lindasys advice. Seems this is the only way I'm going to own this CD. Should have it in 1-3 weeks. All up cost me about $32 including shipping but I bundled it with a few other things to make the shipping cost worthwhile.

Ok I've finally given in and bought the damn thing from cdjapan as per Lindasys advice. Seems this is the only way I'm going to own this CD. Should have it in 1-3 weeks. All up cost me about $32 including shipping but I bundled it with a few other things to make the shipping cost worthwhile.

Ambitious. I like it. Be sure to let me know how it is when you get it. I've searched anything possible on the net today and I can't find anything at all about an Aussie release.

• 2 weeks later...

The album they don't want the fans to own. At least that's how it seems...

Well thanks to CDJapan I now own a copy!

Basically, if you liked their debut, you will probably like this one too. Very similar in style. Maybe a little less puch to it. I've only played it once so far but there are definately some great songs on there. The Japanese version has 2 bonus tracks (total of 13 tracks) so it might be worth buying that version and not bothering with the Australian release after all.

Maybe a little less puch to it.

Thanks again for sampling me in mate.

I completely agree with that statement. The word I was going to use is 'explosive'. It's a very good CD, but not quite as explosive as the debut. No fillers, which is always nice. Maybe a little more mature and a little more laid back? Definitely looking forward to more spins though.

Mate, just a little note about the two bonus tracks. Do you have the 'Use Me EP' released before 'Dear Diary'? Here's the track list for that one:

1. Use Me - Radio

2. One In A Million

3. Broken Dreams

4. About A Pretty Girl From A Far Away Town

5. When Goodbye Means Forever

Let me know if you want to hear that too and I'll up you a copy. The 4 non album tracks (now 2 Jap bonus tracks) are all killer.

I completely agree with that statement. The word I was going to use is 'explosive'. It's a very good CD, but not quite as explosive as the debut. No fillers, which is always nice. Maybe a little more mature and a little more laid back? Definitely looking forward to more spins though.

Mate, just a little note about the two bonus tracks. Do you have the 'Use Me EP' released before 'Dear Diary'? Here's the track list for that one:

1. Use Me - Radio

2. One In A Million

3. Broken Dreams

Let me know if you want to hear that too and I'll up you a copy. The 4 non album tracks (now 2 Jap bonus tracks) are all killer.

No I don't have the EP. I've seen it quite often on E-Bay for cheap so I'll have to pick up a copy from there.

1. Use Me - Radio

2. One In A Million

3. Broken Dreams

No I don't have the EP. I've seen it quite often on E-Bay for cheap so I'll have to pick up a copy from there.

Yeah, I definitely recommend it mate. Almost like a mini-album. :) And as I say, all songs kick ass. 'Use me' is 100 times over the weakest song on the CD, and it's the main single. :lol:

homo thread...

Only because you're in it. Stop making everything suck with your presence.