Australian Tours

JC_AOR

Any rumours guys? Who's touring?

I'm waiting to hear about the ACDC tour...surely they have to play some Australian dates. I'll see them for sure as it may be there last world tour.

Edguy needs to come back as they promised....even if they just do Melbourne/Sydney shows I'll travel to see them.

And Jeff Scott Soto needs to re-schedule after canceling his last tour of Oz due to the Journey thing.

My next concert believe it or not is Toni Childs - a mate of mine really wants someone to go with and I turned out to be that someone. To be honest I only know a couple of her hit songs. After that, my next concerts will be Noiseworks and on the following night Def Leppard.

I've also just checked out Scary Kids Scaring Kids on MySpace, they're not bad at all. Geoff should like them...if I can be bothered later I'll start a thread in the 'Other Music Styles' section.

Here's a re-cap of what's coming up, shit included.

International acts:

Judas Priest

Testament

Dragonforce

The Bangles

Simple Plan

Slipknot/Machine Head

Def Leppard/Cheap Trick/The Galvatrons

John Mellencamp

Scary Kids Scaring Kids (MySpace)/Haste The Day/Halifax

Toni Childs

Jackson Browne

Wildhearts

Local acts:

Noiseworks

The Angels/Rose Tattoo

The Living End

The Butterfly Effect

You Am I

Anyone else???

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noiseworks coming to an RSL near you! Playing only to overweight single middle aged women....

seriously i couldnt be bothered.

You should go mate, you might pull!! :D

Scary Kids Scaring Kids (MySpace)/Haste The Day/Halifax

That's actually a pretty cool line-up. I own and enjoy both Scary Kids Scaring Kids CDs and would go along to see them, but I definitely like Halifax too. The debut EP is excellent and although it wore off on me in places, I love their debut album, 'The Inevitability of a Strange World' too. Would like to see them both. I have tried out Haste the Day but pretty sure they were a pretty throwaway screamo band...

• 4 weeks later...

Heres one that may interest people.. in the more modern/alternative/screamo/heavy stuff... this has gotta be one of the biggest band lineups ive seen for a while down here, including and not limited to:

NIN

Anberlin

In this moment

Alice in chains

Lamb of God

Red jumpsuit apparatus

In flames

Funeral for a friend

Devil driver

New found glory

Silverstein

Lacuna coil

and a bunch i either havnt heard of, or care couldnt care less about

http://www.soundwavefestival.com/artists/?...=3&PageID=3

Heres one that may interest people.. in the more modern/alternative/screamo/heavy stuff... this has gotta be one of the biggest band lineups ive seen for a while down here, including and not limited to:

NIN

Anberlin

In this moment

Alice in chains

Lamb of God

Red jumpsuit apparatus

In flames

Funeral for a friend

Devil driver

New found glory

Silverstein

Lacuna coil

What a shite lineup for a festival. You can keep all of them down there if you want. ;)

NIN

Anberlin

In this moment

Alice in chains

Lamb of God

Red jumpsuit apparatus

In flames

Funeral for a friend

Devil driver

New found glory

Silverstein

Lacuna coil

I'm with you Jez :lol:

What a shite lineup for a festival. You can keep all of them down there if you want. ;)

I'm with you Jez........ :lol:.....But they can't stay here!!!!!!!!!!

NIN

Anberlin

In this moment

Alice in chains

Lamb of God

Red jumpsuit apparatus

In flames

Funeral for a friend

Devil driver

New found glory

Silverstein

Lacuna coil

Banish them all to NZ then mate!

NIN

Anberlin

In this moment

Alice in chains

Lamb of God

Red jumpsuit apparatus

In flames

Funeral for a friend

Devil driver

New found glory

Silverstein

Lacuna coil

Banish them all to NZ then mate!

Sounds good to me :tumbsup:

NIN

Anberlin

In this moment

Alice in chains

Lamb of God

Red jumpsuit apparatus

In flames

Funeral for a friend

Devil driver

New found glory

Silverstein

Lacuna coil

Wow, a lot of shit there but some excellent bands. I might have to check it out to see what kind of prices are going for this. My two faves in the list - FFAF and Silverstein I have already seen... I'd like to see Anberlin and RJA... and even In This Moment. Imagine paying money for the rest though...

+ Madina Lake

Houston Calls

Finch

The Audition

HOLY SHITBALLS! Houston Calls may have just sold it for me. Valencia, Alesena, I am The Avalanche, Bayside and Billy Talent ain't too bad either...

So are any of the Aussies here going to see Faster Pussycat and Lynch Mob...I still haven't decided

WTF!!!!

When and where and how much? Who's in Lynch Mob???

So are any of the Aussies here going to see Faster Pussycat and Lynch Mob...I still haven't decided

WTF!!!!

Wow... $74 plus booking fee. A little more than I thought. Who's on vocals for Lynch Mob? Not sure I'll see it for that price...

WTF!!!!

PERTH - Monday 8th December – Capitol, Perth

Tickets: www.justsayrock.com.au, BOCS tickets, www.moshtix.com.au

MELBOURNE - Wednesday 10 December - The Hi Fi Bar

Tickets: www.justsayrock.com.au, Metal Mayhem: (03) 9621-1666, www.thehifi.com.au

SYDNEY - Thursday 11 December – The Metro Theatre (All Ages)

Tickets: www.justsayrock.com.au, www.themetrotheatre.com.au

BRISBANE - Friday 12 December – The Arena

Tickets: www.justsayrock.com.au, www.oztix.com, The Arena Box Office

Not sure who's in the line-up...I'm liking the fact that they're going to play Dokken material as well. I think $74 is a bit harsh but it's not everyday us Aussies get to see bands like these play live...I'll probably go to the Brisbane show

Oni Logan on voxs, Marco ex Whitesnake on bass, Scott Coogan on drums, and Mr Scarey on lead guitar.

Sweet, spoke with a mate yesterday and it looks like we'll be hitting this one up.

Oni Logan on voxs, Marco ex Whitesnake on bass, Scott Coogan on drums, and Mr Scarey on lead guitar.

Sweet, spoke with a mate yesterday and it looks like we'll be hitting this one up.

Scott Coogan must be helping them out while Ace Frehley is off the road, since he's been playing with him.

I think Tommy Aldridge has been playing with Lynch Mob but for now he's back touring with Thin Lizzy.

• 2 weeks later...

The Brisbane show for Lynch Mob/Faster Pussycat has moved from a big club to the uni guild bar - should be good seeing these bands up so close in a little bar like that.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw Noiseworks last night - was an awesome show and 'Take Me Back' was especially beautiful. Jon Stevens has an amazing voice and he sounds every bit as good as he did back in '88. The support was Taxiride and I must say I never realised how melodic that band was. And the first support was a band called Move Trees which is actually fronted by the bass player for Noiseworks - really good Sydney band and one to keep an eye out for.

I saw Noiseworks last night - was an awesome show and 'Take Me Back' was especially beautiful. Jon Stevens has an amazing voice and he sounds every bit as good as he did back in '88. The support was Taxiride and I must say I never realised how melodic that band was. And the first support was a band called Move Trees which is actually fronted by the bass player for Noiseworks - really good Sydney band and one to keep an eye out for.

Ive got Taxiride's Imaginate...and its actually a decent album.

The lead singer out of Oz AOR legends Saffire turned down the role as lead singer for Taxi Ride before they became got thier success.

The lead singer out of Oz AOR legends Saffire turned down the role as lead singer for Taxi Ride before they became got thier success.

That the lead singer from Square One?