Tora Tora - 3rd Unreleased Cd

Interesting collectible to be sure, but kinda useless unless you have a reel-to-reel tape player to play it on!!

Maybe one of the Tora Tora guys will buy it off of him. :blink:

Wonder where this guy found these reels? Maybe when A&M Records cleaned out their offices, this guy was scrounging around in the dumpsters outside??

Hope fully this is someone who has the rights to sell it. Can anyone notify the band?

I contacted them via their myspace page and posted the link to the auction.

http://www.myspace.com/toratoraband

Hope fully this is someone who has the rights to sell it. Can anyone notify the band?

I contacted them via their myspace page and posted the link to the auction.

http://www.myspace.com/toratoraband

Wow! Looking at those videos sure brings back memories. What an awesome group!

that would really hurt if you were in the band.. its the kind of thing you wouldnt want anyone else to own. i mean thats your own creative / musical ideas and someone else has it..

True, but more than likely the record label owns the rights to this unreleased album...

that would really hurt if you were in the band.. its the kind of thing you wouldnt want anyone else to own. i mean thats your own creative / musical ideas and someone else has it..

True, but more than likely the record label owns the rights to this unreleased album...

Does A&M Records even exist anymore? I was fairly sure that they were absorbed into some other company during all the Seagram/Universal/etc. label merger nonsense in the mid to late 90s.

So legally this guy can sell the reel, but the music company would still own the rights to the album...right? Or am I way off here. I would think whover owns this can sell it or listen to it but pressing cd's from it and selling them would probably be a big no no.

That would be a pretty cool item to own!

seems pretty awesome...

but couldnt this guy have just taken a blank couple of reels and made a fake card with titles on them?

who's to say this is the real deal?

although.....i want this!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Melodic-Rock-LA-L-A-Gu...1QQcmdZViewItem

This ebay seller has a TON of stuff I'd love to buy. I have got to quit looking at his auction because I know I'm going to end up doing something I'd really regret, like spending $800 on old rock posters!

Wow... I hope whoever buys it gets it transferred and released!

Buying this "back-up" copy of the master reels doesnt grant you any rights releasing or commercially exploiting it whatsoever. It is just an expensive good-quality (assuming it is what it says it is) 1-st gen copy from the masters for personal use, nothing more. The copyrights over the album, as well as the master usage rights belong to whoever owns them, band and label most probably.

Wow... I hope whoever buys it gets it transferred and released!

Buying this "back-up" copy of the master reels doesnt grant you any rights releasing or commercially exploiting it whatsoever. It is just an expensive good-quality (assuming it is what it says it is) 1-st gen copy from the masters for personal use, nothing more. The copyrights over the album, as well as the master usage rights belong to whoever owns them, band and label most probably.

i love that "for personal use"

"hmm what shall i listen to today... ahh how about that Tora Tora reel"

What, you don't have a reel-to-reel player in your car? I thought everyone did! :lol:

wpe6A.jpg

What, you don't have a reel-to-reel player in your car? I thought everyone did! :lol:

wpe6A.jpg

that is brilliant!!! haha

random off topic question... do you think anyone ever tried to have LP record players in their cars ?

random off topic question... do you think anyone ever tried to have LP record players in their cars ?

duh... hello... of course, but why would you put it in the back? That's for reel to reel and black and white television sets.

carturntable2.jpg