Devils in Heaven - liberation

phaffas

Hi guys, im new here and was surprised to see mention of Devils in Heaven. I am a huge fan and use to see them 3 or 4 nights a week back in the day.

Just wondering if there is anything out there of the band other than the two singles e.g. mp3s, videos etc

Thanks

you prob know that singer david whitney released a solo album around the late 90's in the very soft rock vein though..

the guy is apparently in rural canada now, pitty really, guess its puts an end to a reunion atleast for now.

Yeah ive got daves solo cd and the stuff off their website. Havnt seen dave since his solo days and didn't know he was in canada though, last i heard he was in launceston with a kung fu school. Do you know what he is doing there?

I was really hoping that someone had some more stuff by them, they were an outstanding band.

the odd thing is, my sources indicate dave's still running the same recording studio in launceston... still working in production for the local t/v & radio station & does the odd occasional solo acoustic gig.......

however 2 guys of the band reckon dave's in canada......

there's prob someone out there with good quality live tape with whole host of top devils in heaven songs... but where do we find that person is a good question :)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest renegade2008
Hi guys, im new here and was surprised to see mention of Devils in Heaven. I am a huge fan and use to see them 3 or 4 nights a week back in the day.

Just wondering if there is anything out there of the band other than the two singles e.g. mp3s, videos etc

Thanks

you prob know that singer david whitney released a solo album around the late 90's in the very soft rock vein though..

the guy is apparently in rural canada now, pitty really, guess its puts an end to a reunion atleast for now.

Yeah ive got daves solo cd and the stuff off their website. Havnt seen dave since his solo days and didn't know he was in canada though, last i heard he was in launceston with a kung fu school. Do you know what he is doing there?

I was really hoping that someone had some more stuff by them, they were an outstanding band.

the odd thing is, my sources indicate dave's still running the same recording studio in launceston... still working in production for the local t/v & radio station & does the odd occasional solo acoustic gig.......

there's prob someone out there with good quality live tape with whole host of top devils in heaven songs... but where do we find that person is a good question :)

Do you know what recording studio? Id love to get in contact with him again.

And I really hope we find those recordings soon, they were robbed never to have recorded a full album

Thanks

Do you know what recording studio? Id love to get in contact with him again.

And I really hope we find those recordings soon, they were robbed never to have recorded a full album

duno which studio dave could be running & as a small town there couldn't be too many...

with the album it was very much dependant on the success of thier debut single.... pitty it didn't chart... & barely recieved radio play...

the band then tried it the 2nd time around through the trendy indy route & sadly copped the same results...

• 4 months later...

Not sure if anyone else has got on to this but I've found a website with 8 Devils In Heaven songs, only one of which is on the 3 track Liberation EP/single.

Check em out here.

Untitled-Scanned-01.jpg

Check out the pumps! :)

Not sure if anyone else has got on to this but I've found a website with 8 Devils In Heaven songs, only one of which is on the 3 track Liberation EP/single.

Check em out here.

Untitled-Scanned-01.jpg

Thats run by one of the guys from DIH... the same guy who was on here a while back..

Check em out here.

Untitled-Scanned-01.jpg

Thats run by one of the guys from DIH... the same guy who was on here a while back..

So what do you think about the additional tracks that aren't on the Liberation EP? 'Without You' is a great song. So all up DIH must have 10 songs. Could make a pretty sweet album from these.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest renegade2008

Check em out here.

Untitled-Scanned-01.jpg

So what do you think about the additional tracks that aren't on the Liberation EP? 'Without You' is a great song. So all up DIH must have 10 songs. Could make a pretty sweet album from these.

Both the guys in Picasso Bros are from Devils and these are only a handful of their songs. Their other songs are definitely better and the first three songs they rarely played in concert.

• 1 year later...

I just picked up a 2nd copy of the Devils In Heaven 'Say A Prayer' EP as well as an original copy of Dave Whitney's (DIH singer) solo album 'Heart Mind and Soul' which I can now scratch off my want list. Anyone who hasn't heard it, Dave Whitney's solo album was released in 1993 and is really excellent AOR and well worth tracking down if you can.

dwhms.jpg

Listen To My Heart

Dreams

Take Me Down

Free

Down The Line

What About Love

Simple Man

All Night

Your Beating Heart

Miles And Time

Heart, Mind And Soul

Only You For Me

Liberation

Ships In The Night

Ain't It A Wonder

wow... $90 for an 2 track cd single. Ouch! Hope you've got a trade or sale lined up already.

The Dave Whiteny cd looks a good pick up for $28.

Yep I certainly do have a trade in progress...been managing to knock a lot of stuff off my want list lately.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

well i have just listed this on ebay!DEVILS IN HEAVEN on ebay

dissapointed in you matt, for you to sell DIH's cd geoff must have converted you to emo land :whistle:

I think someone uploaded the 2 eps quite a while ago. I think i did listen to them on my pc, but can't really recall them. From memory I thought therer were a couple of killer tracks and a couple of alright/average tracks.... maybe a few too many keys for my liking. I may be thinking of the wrong stuff so I'll have to have another listen.

• My Little Pony

Dave Whitney has his own FaceTubes channel here, where he posts random guitar videos, and vlogs, as well Devils In Heaven and Dave Whitney demos and live tracks. I have only listened to one live track, so I can't vouch for the quality of these. Anyway, have fun.

Also, Dan, I think that account above is spam, as that entire post was just grabbed from earlier in this thread.