Not the same site anymore

Nelson

Was very surprised to see the name Bonnie Tyler (see topic under this) here and really got me thinking that this is not the same Heavy Harmonies anymore.

This is not to say that I oppose the inclusion of artists like Ms. Tyler. I don't have that much knowledge of what are the boundaries of melodic rock or where or when you start labeling an artist as AOR. Seeing names like Chicago, Bonnie Tyler and Kenny Rogers Jr. just give me the feeling that this is not the same site that I was very excited to go to. Of course, with the discovery of long-forgotten recordings, names and titles will keep adding up but can you imagine seeing those names in this site six years ago?

Just a thought.

I reckon we should weild the axe ona heap of the acts getting included on HH.

Or drop "heavy" from the title and just call it "harmonies".

Sure, not everything on the main site is "heavy", but those that aren't heavy atelast have their roots in from the rock era of the 80's.

For example, ... Bon Jovi once a hard rock band, now just a radio rock band would still qualify based on their past, but a band never having had any ties with the hard/melodic/glam rock scene should not appear.

Just my 2c.

BTW, did you read what the Bonnie Tyler thread was about?

This exactly.

My $0.02 (which is worth so much less than even Canada these days... ):

Ever since I've been a member (and I am member #19 for the record) there have been conversations about what's right/wrong for inclusion. Some I agree with, some not, but because the vast majority has always been, and continues to be what I think is a good fit I'm not going anywhere. In my opinion not all that much has changed here other than the people frequenting the boards, and they continue to be good people (except Wes) so I continue to stick around.

To me this site continues to be the best, most user friendly and although not complete free of internal politics, it's for damn sure closer than any of the "other" sites.

In short I like it here. :)

My $0.02 (which is worth so much less than even Canada these days... ):

and they continue to be good people (except Wes) so I continue to stick around.

:axe:

Oops, I didn't realise I actually typed that, I thought I was just thinking it.... :blink:

Was very surprised to see the name Bonnie Tyler (see topic under this) here and really got me thinking that this is not the same Heavy Harmonies anymore.

This is not to say that I oppose the inclusion of artists like Ms. Tyler. I don't have that much knowledge of what are the boundaries of melodic rock or where or when you start labeling an artist as AOR. Seeing names like Chicago, Bonnie Tyler and Kenny Rogers Jr. just give me the feeling that this is not the same site that I was very excited to go to. Of course, with the discovery of long-forgotten recordings, names and titles will keep adding up but can you imagine seeing those names in this site six years ago?

Just a thought.

Now is better :headbanger:

My feeling is there are two kinds of music...good and bad... although I'm a DIE HARD

Metalhead,I also love Blues, 60's Rock, some 80's New wave, 70's Punk Rock etc.

As long as we don't include RAP...I'm fine..and for the record I do like Some Rap...

I must admit that there are a few bands/musicians included on HH that make me shake my head but there's no way you're gonna have unanimous agreement on a topic like this so as long as the Bonnie Tylers of the world don't take over the site...it's no big deal....

My feeling is there are two kinds of music...good and bad... although I'm a DIE HARD

As long as we don't include RAP...I'm fine..and for the record I do like Some Rap...

Don't try and fool us aM1966. When I came into your office the other day I heard Tupac blasting from your CD player. And then the next day you were listening to 50 cent. I know you tried to switch it to Shadows Fall in the attempt that your "keeping it metal." But I'm onto you you closet rap fan!

Don't try and fool us aM1966. When I came into your office the other day I heard Tupac blasting from your CD player. And then the next day you were listening to 50 cent. I know you tried to switch it to Shadows Fall in the attempt that your "keeping it metal." But I'm onto you you closet rap fan!

I won't even bore you with the constant PM's I get from him trying to get me to listen to Snoop Dogg. Supposedly it's the shiznit... :blink:

I won't even bore you with the constant PM's I get from him trying to get me to listen to Snoop Dogg. Supposedly it's the shiznit... :blink:

Sho nuff my brandnewbian bruthas...Peep dis though..I's be gettin yo CD's

Back to ya so quit trippin..London don't ever try and slip those Backstreet Boys

CD's by me again...I told you I hate those types of bands..Pete...Same for you..

:rofl2:

Is HH the same as it was 6 yrs. ago? No.

Are there bands/artists listed here that don't belong? Yes.

Is it possible to have unanimous agreement on this subject? No.

Is this still the greatest melodic rock site on the web? Yes.

Do I wish Pete wasn't here? Uh, no comment.

• 2023 Gold Donors

I've been viewing the main site for about 3-4 years and have been a member of the forum for over 2 years now. I've seen changes in that 2 years but I still love this place. I don't like evrything that gets put on this board but there is some stuff that I never heard of and see it for sale. Often times it is described as great 80's AOR, MHR, glam, etc or even comparing them a band from our genre. Seeing some of the comments about what these artist really sound like on this site has help me eliminate from picking up some shit that people try pawning off using our genre. So as far as I concerned, it may be questionable weather or not it should be on here but it has helped me from wasting my hard earned cash.

Do I wish Pete wasn't here? Uh, no comment.

Yeah, same for me. It's hard to put into words just how much I value his presence here. :wub:

Ever since I've been a member (and I am member #19 for the record)

Just curious... who was member #1? I notice that Dan himself is member #2, and he founded this site!! :unsure:

Side note: huh huh... we said "member." Huh huh huh huh....

Just curious... who was member #1? I notice that Dan himself is member #2, and he founded this site!! :unsure:

Excellent question... Dan, is there a way to tell?

The question "if Dan is #2, who was #1?" has been bugging the hell outta me ever since I first noticed it, but I never found the right opportunity to ask ... :banana:

Ask Mr Owl..he knows how many licks it takes to get to the tootsie roll

center of a tootsie pop..so he should know. :wacko:

Unrelated: I have been eating those like crazy lately... :anon:

Unrelated: I have been eating those like crazy lately... :anon:

In that case, we'll call you "Kojak" from now on. Who loves ya baby?

Ok, i'm going to add my .02 cents. What makes me say to myself....WTF, how can bands like Sacred warrior, Angelica, Holy Soldier, Stryper, Bloodgood and bands alike be in both HH and in Heaven's Metal? But bands like Judas Priest, Obsession, Malice, Artch, Feinstein and bands just a similar not be in HH. I think....and this is my opinion....an alignment is in order! Or just combine the other two to make one large database. Which leads to this question, how many here in HH are actually going to the other two sites and how often or maybe Dan can answer this..... how many hits per day do the other sites receive? It's a hell alot easier to do a search when ALL of the bands are listed in one database. Wow...i feel better. :lol:

Ok, i'm going to add my .02 cents. What makes me say to myself....WTF, how can bands like Sacred warrior, Angelica, Holy Soldier, Stryper, Bloodgood and bands alike be in both HH and in Heaven's Metal? But bands like Judas Priest, Obsession, Malice, Artch, Feinstein and bands just a similar not be in HH. I think....and this is my opinion....an alignment is in order! Or just combine the other two to make one large database.

Good idea. Dan could call it "Heavenly Brutal Harmonious Metal-n-Stuff" or something like that. :lol:

www.music-n-shit.com

HH/BM/HM used to be one large database/site, but then more and more bands started appearing on the fringe of what HH was about and that was when I split the sites.

If people are complaining about Bonnie Tyler being on HH, methinks they might complain just a wee bit about Emperor or Marduk being included...

-Dan