impulse music (Illinois)

Damnit!!!, I've got to get into the habit of searching HH before I put in orders :doh: .....now I'll have to wait and see if I'm one of the lucky ones to receive my order without hassle.... :cussing:

Did you at least get an email confirming your order?

Yes I did....not that it probably means much but fuck it, it's too late now so I'll just have to see what happens....... <_< I really hope they come thru since I've been looking for the 4 cds I ordered for a while and the prices were reasonable....

Damnit!!!, I've got to get into the habit of searching HH before I put in orders :doh: .....now I'll have to wait and see if I'm one of the lucky ones to receive my order without hassle.... :cussing:

Yes I did....not that it probably means much but fuck it, it's too late now so I'll just have to see what happens....... <_< I really hope they come thru since I've been looking for the 4 cds I ordered for a while and the prices were reasonable....

You might trying send them an email asking if all the titles you ordered were in fact in stock and if they've been shipped. My biggest issue I've had with them is part of my order showing up with a card saying one of the titles I ordered was out of stock. Why they don't tell me that in the email I don't know. I've called them numberous times too and they've always been very helpful over the phone.

I haven't ordered from Impulse since a problem a while back about a CD order I had that was originally misshipped, sent back for a different disc, which was never sent. After a LONG time, a credit was issued. But it just wasn't worth the hassle. They might be good for some people. But for others, not so much.

There are other places that aren't nearly as hit or miss and you don't have to cross your fingers waiting for your order.

There are other places that aren't nearly as hit or miss and you don't have to cross your fingers waiting for your order.

For example?

I don't buy too many CDs online (at all) anymore and therefore can't say I'm actually recommending to anyone (but saying "this is what I'VE done and will continue to do"), but I've NEVER had any trouble with MY orders from CDBaby, NEH, or Brett Harling from eBay (yes, I'd used him so much in the past, it was virtually like buying from a store).

So, if any of my choices have been similar to yours, GO WITH THAT ONE! If you've had bad experiences from one of the places I've mentioned, I'm sorry. I've only had good ones, though. If and when I buy online (and not directly from an individual artist/studio), I'll probably return to one of the places I've never had to email repeatedly for months before a situation finally comes to some remotely satisfactory conclusion. To be fair though, this was the only problem I'd had with them. It just took SO long to fix that the headache wasn't worth it.

(A lot of mine HAVE been through the band/artist or their studio, though. And I can count on one hand the number of purchases that haven't been from said artist/studio sites and most of them have been through CD Baby. But, since they don't have the selection many want, they're probably not a viable solution. I do what I do. Sorry I couldn't provide you with an answer that might answer what you're asking.)

I looked at that, but the selection isn't very good. No Hardcore Superstar or Babylon Bombs for example.

Yeah I noticed that too. I do think that Impulse has those titles but I'm not sure where else to get those outside of ebay.

• 4 weeks later...

You might trying send them an email asking if all the titles you ordered were in fact in stock and if they've been shipped. My biggest issue I've had with them is part of my order showing up with a card saying one of the titles I ordered was out of stock. Why they don't tell me that in the email I don't know. I've called them numberous times too and they've always been very helpful over the phone.

Well Impulse finally sent me 2 of the 4 cds I ordered. They really need to change the way they do business. They need better communication with their customers and they need to fix it so that you can only order cds that they have in stock.

In the future I will email them first to see if they have the items I want in stock and if they do then I will put in an order.

Well Impulse finally sent me 2 of the 4 cds I ordered. They really need to change the way they do business. They need better communication with their customers and they need to fix it so that you can only order cds that they have in stock.

In the future I will email them first to see if they have the items I want in stock and if they do then I will put in an order.

I placed an order with them last night. I called them today to confirm what was in stock and not so I knew what was coming to me. They were very helpful and I canceled what wasn't in stock(Lillian Axe reisussies due in January) and added Icon Self-titled to take their place. I think I'm going to always call so I know what I'm gonna get.