What is it with Ebay bidders from Austria?

I just checked the Ebay history of non paying bidder claims that I have sent in the past 18 months. I have made 72 (that seems like an awfully big amount, I never realized I had so many slow or non paying bidders) and of all of those, 38 were for bidders from Austria. More than half!!!

Why is such a small country a big pain in the ass for me and my Ebay auctions?

• 2 weeks later...
At least Konrad the Barbarian is paying you!! I have sent him repeated notices and he gave me some lip service about paying in 3 days. That was 5 days ago. No money from him yet. I've started filing my Non-Paying Bidder claims against him. I don't like this unreliability.

What was the result, Tony?

Whenever I decide to sell CD's, I manage to get a load of turds for bidders as well. Why is it that CD auction attract these jackasses? I usually never have any problems with other items I sell :screwy:

Yeah, the big "problem bidders" i have right now are:

Walter from Austria (Walter.Konrad)

Dave from Australia (Katandkira75)

Marcelo from Brazil (2007.buyermcb)

Takes a lot of the fun out of selling, trying to chase down these slackers.

Hey Koogs start up another thread about David not paying, it worked last time as he payed just a few minutes later. :lol:

I had an interesting email conversation with a former seller to good ole' Walter/Dave, etc.

He had an interesting tale to tell. He gave me permission to tell it here:

as for walterkonrad aka mari-lidle aka melodirockcathi and many other names. His real name is Gerry from Austria. I blocked him along time ago but he just keeps coming back with new names so I gave up. I just made it clear to him that his payment has to be within 7 days because I no longer reserve cd's for him. an interesting story about Mr. Gerry I'll share with you. I had made a trade a couple years ago with this guy and never received anything, so I was out my cd's and the other guy blamed the post office and would do nothing. Well a couple years later I started selling on ebay and gerry (under another name at that time) bought some cd's from me and when I saw his name and address I said "That's the guy who ripped me off 2 years ago" I waited for him to send payment for his cd's and then I said hey buddy remember me? . . it's a small world after all . . . . I told him I am keeping his money unless he makes good on the cd's he owed me. He finally sent them 2 years later. yep yep I know all about that guy.

Thought everyone here might enjoy that one! :drink:

• 1 year later...

well. Gerry, Tom, WALTER whatever is his name is on the hunt again...he just bought from me with account registered just TODAY on the name Walter KonraT (he IS funny isn't he?)...

http://myworld.ebay.com/raritaetenversand/

on other hand maybe he just started HONEST enterprise with this acoount ;)...

well. Gerry, Tom, WALTER whatever is his name is on the hunt again...he just bought from me with account registered just TODAY on the name Walter KonraT (he IS funny isn't he?)...

http://myworld.ebay.com/raritaetenversand/

on other hand maybe he just started HONEST enterprise with this acoount ;)...

Maybe ! Press thumbs .... !! :)

If he don't how can i fight with this other than report an unpaid item ? Koogles wrote something about banning users from Austria, this would be perfect :hammer:

I have small number of feedbacks and yet he choose me second time...just luck i guess

• 1 month later...

just wanted to say that this Thomas Ringseis-Walter Konrad-Walter Konrat guy was completely honest with me and paid for all winning auctions which was made by unregistered account by now...I don't know what was the point of buying something from another account (i can't even leave him feedback, he can't leave me) and then delete it :whistle: ...hope this helps somebody