What CDs did you buy this week?

On 3/29/2019 at 5:34 PM, Crazysam said:

A  sentimental favorite of mine, I still have an old vinyl copy.  They were one of the top bands where I grew up in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.  Their drummer was later in Hericane Alice and Bangalore Choir while their guitarist joined Tyketto.

I missed that cd, I have also their vinyl + 7" inch single which is my favorite from them.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jez

• Stefan

• Dead Planet

• cdjunky41

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UFO - Strangers In The Night (8 CD box) UFOREVER!  

Not received it as of yet...coming from Oz I think, so may take a while 

Posted Images

Tobias Sammet's Avantasia - Moonglow + 1
Frozen Land - s/t
Geordie - Hope You Like It + 6
Geordie - No Good Woman + 2
Geordie - Save The World
Razzmattazz - Hallelujah
Dream Theater - Distance Over Time + 1
Last In Line - II
Presto Ballet - The Days Between
Spirits Of Fire - s/t
West Bound - Volume 1
Come Taste The Band - Reignition
Imperia - Flames Of Eternity + 1
Tesla - Shock
Walls Of Blood - Imperium
Backyard Babies - Silver & Gold
Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Chance

Shout out to Kivel, Roxx and Perris:

Romeo Riot - Sing It Loud

Ritual Servant - Metallum Evangelii

Metal Pulse Radio ( Tribute To Dale Huffman) comp

Hollywood Hairspray Vol I

Perris Sampler comp

Oops, almost forgot!!

My In-Laws gave me their CD collection.

These are the ones I kept:

Aerosmith - Devil's Got A New Disguise

Queen - Greatest Hits

MeatLoaf - Bat Out Of Hell II

Bryan Adams - Cuts Like A Knife

Gold Mind Squad - The Plague Of Popularity

Gathering Of Kings - First Mission

Kryptonite - S/T

Mike + The Mechanics - Out Of The Blue  (Deluxe Edition)  (Signed)

Journey - Live In Japan 2017: Escape & Frontiers  2 CD/Bluray

Rose Tattoo - Transmissions: On Air 1981  CD/DVD

Latest grabs!

Liliac - Covers Vol I

Liliac - Chain Of Thorns

Hundreds Of AU - Communications Link Re-established

The Red Desert - Tell A Vision

Cyperna - Of A Ghost

Robots And Monsters - Bloodied And Bowed

The Gates Of Ivory - CDR Demo

Legacy Of Cynthia - Danse Macabre

Pat Benatar-Best of Volume One

Boston-Greatest Hits

Flyleaf-S/T

Godsmack-The Oracle

Green Day-Bullett In A Bible

Marillion-Fugazi

Project 86-Truthless Heroes

Saxon-The Eagle Has Landed Part 2

Matthew Sweet-Son of Altered Beast

Three Days Grace-Human

Buckcherry - Warpaint
Children Of Bodom - Hexed + 3
Darkwater - Human
Tara Lynch - Evil Enough
Chris Caffery - The Jester's Court
Deezl - Ignite
Fisc - Break Out
Fisc - Handle With Care + 1
Hittman - Hittman
Leah - The Quest
Letchen Grey - Party Politics
Zaza - Party With The Big Boys
Sacred Reign - Looking For Love
Burning Rain - Face The Music + 1 (JAP)
Cats In Space - Daytrip To Narnia
Teaze - Teaze
Teaze - On The Loose + 2
Teaze - Body Shots + 1
The Rods - Heavier Than Thou + 1
The Rods - Hollywood + 1
Mr. Big - Lean Into It + 1 (JAP)

Latest pick ups:

White Lion - Fight To Survive (Grand Slamm copy)

Hellfueled - Volume One

Immortal Synn - Barfly

Immortal Synn - Machine Men

Stagger - No One's Safe

Fappy Easter cheeserockers!

Franz Joseph Haydn - Piano Sonatas 21, 20, 26, 4 and 31.Performed by Riko Fukuda, fortepiano.

Battle Beast - No More Hollywood Endings 
The End Machine - s/t
Find Me - Angels In Blue
Follow The Cipher - s/t
Geordie - Don't Be Fooled By The Name + 2
Joanne Shaw Taylor - Reckless Heart
Mötley Crüe - The Dirt Soundtrack
Robin Trower - Coming Closer To The Day
Roulette - Now!
Suzi Quatro - No Control
The Treatment - Power Crazy
Vescera - Beyond The Fight

Arena - Re-Visited Live  (Box Set)  2 CD/Bluray/DVD

Cheap Trick  -The Epic Archives Vol. 3 (1984 - 1992)

Alan Parsons - The Secret CD/DVD

Fortune - II

Leverage - Determinus

Michael Thompson Band - Love  And Beyond

Loney Robot - Under Stars

Jim Peterik & World Stage - Winds Of Change

Paul Raymond Project - Terms And Conditions Apply

Michael Bolton - Symphony Of Hits

Latest finds:

Kenny K. And The Way - Six Shooter

Roland - Promo E.P.

Seka - Love Shim

Suicidal Angels - Bloodbath

King Parrot - Ugly Produce

Great White - Cant Get There From Here

Kam Lee - Massacred

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• New song 'Venus'. Back on track again, a good one.    
    • Interested to hear more.. not bad. 
    • It has been nearly three years since THE TAKE "Pink & Proud" was listed on the Metallic Blue Records web page as "coming soon".   That sample track "Young Girls In Love" had me waiting with bated breath.   Numerous obstacles were presented in preparation for the album's release, one of which were production issues due to the Covid-19 pandemic.   But alas, it is finally here and I've given my copy a good listen.   The first track is the one that first grabbed my attention 3 years ago.   "Young Girls In Love",  with it's haunting intro and upbeat 80's vibe, sets the stage for the entire album.  Originally recorded in 1985-86, the tracks are full throttle 80's sounding, laced with hook laden, catchy melodies the way we love it.   The production is very eighties oriented with lots of great guitar and loads of keyboards for most of the menu.  Those keyboard duties were shared between Arthur Hall and Janine Stewart.  Vocal duties are handled by Michael Coones on this album and at this time of the band's life, Chris Boudreaux had departed.   THE TAKE hail from Salt Lake City and here are 9 AOR melodic rockers that will remind the listener of such great bands as AVIATOR, HAYWIRE, WORRALL, JT SHELTER and MAY RUN.  They have a unique talent for writing  AOR melodic songs.  So,  if you're into lush or bombastic, breezy melodies, professionally executed then THE TAKE "Pink & Proud" is a must to own.  It's a real gem for 80's AOR melodic rock lovers.  
    • I have just finished listening to the new SOLDIER CD titled "My Window" just released by Metallic Blue Records and what a surprise this one was. Immediately, when the first track "My Window" began to play, my ears were in a state of delight. A bold melodic rock sound laced with sparkling keyboards and vocals layered with harmony background vocals could be heard. This first track was a true grabber, compelling me to want to hear even more. As I continued listening, I wasn't disappointed. Along with a few mellow ballads, there were a number of exciting melodic tracks highlighted by "Cells Are Locked", "Life" and "No Easy Way Out" which brought out the "Quade and CRAAFT influences in their sound. The entire album was a listening experience that was a combination of pure AOR and melodic rock reminding me of BRICKLIN meets PHIL CHRISTIAN blended with influences of QUADE and CRAAFT. The album is fronted by Chris Boudreaux (THE TAKE, BOUDREAUX, HAIL MARY, RESTLESS BREED) in a band that balanced his time with THE TAKE and his band BOUDREAUX that was also just released on the Metallic Blue label. Chris was recruited by a band originally named PALACE to be the frontman and SOLDIER was born. The band played Salt Lake City while they recorded the "My Window" album in 1986. Afterwards, they moved operations to Las Vegas and eventually SOLDIER played all over Hollywood, especially up and down the Sunset Strip. The band frequented Gazzarris, The Troubadour, FM Station, The Roxy, and The Whiskey a Go Go. "My Window" was previously released on cassette only back in 1986 and now we have it on CD with never released bonus tracks. I was very impressed with this explosive AOR album with it's melodious sound, great keyboards and vocals. If you are a fan of CRAAFT (1986), PHIL CHRISTIAN, BRICKLIN or QUADE, you must not let this one get past you. My highest recommendation for a fantastic listen.  
    • I've explained why America is better under Biden and the response is for me to watch a Youtube video. I say Fuck that !  Jobs being created,unemployment down,stock market up,etc.... I don't need any douchebag youtubers to explain anything to me.I can look at the facts myself !
    • Thanks ! I got the last 2 copies of Mood Groove !
    • New song 'Testify'. Press release: Frontiers Music Srl is excited to announce the signing of Big City, a melodic metal band from Norway, to a multi-album deal. Fans of bands such as Firewind, Queensryche, Magnus Karlsson's Free Fall, Europe, Fair Warning, and the like should look forward to being introduced to this exciting band. The band's new album, "Testify X" will be released on July 16, 2021. Of first single 'Testify', guitarist Daniel Olaisen says it "is about confessing to things to get weight off of your conscience in order to have a better life...or keep them a secret and live a lie. This is the very first song I/we wrote for the album and it has it all. Melodic and acoustic intro, a real catchy hook line on the guitar, great vocal lines and a modulation at the end!"   "We have pretty different influences in the band. From jazz/fusion to extreme metal. The foundation however is our passion for melodic and nostalgic 80's metal/hard rock!" adds Olaisen.   Big City was originally put together by guitarist and songwriter Daniel Olaisen. His plan was to use a vast amount of song ideas and 80's metal influenced guitar riffs that he had stockpiled over the years for a batch of songs with the right players. Frank Ørland, who also played with Daniel in Scariot (prog/thrash/heavy band featuring Communic and Spiral Architect members), was an obvious choice to bring to Big City as the second guitarist. Frank Nordeng Røe (Withem, Maraton, session drummer for Circus Maximus and Leprous) was brought in on drums after being discovered by Daniel via some internet research. The band was then completed with Jan Le Brandt on vocals and Geir Inge Olsen, who was brought in as a session bass player.  The band's debut album, "Wintersleep", was initially released in 2014 and later on re-released by the Greek label Rock of Angels in 2018 as part of a deluxe edition of their second album, Big City Life. Big City played their very first live shows the same month of the international release, including Norway Rock Festival and Rock the Boat with Miguel Pereira (Withem) joining the band as their new permanent bass player.  In 2019, the band started working on a new album and brought in a new singer, Jørgen Bergersen from Rock the Night (Europe cover band) and the new demos caught the interest of Frontiers who moved swiftly to sign the band. "The new album will introduce our new singer. He's done an incredible job and there's more punch and heaviness in his voice. The songs are still varied, from super chill ballad to heavy and light-progressive tunes. Melodies are still in focus and there's plenty of that, as expected. It's simply the best Big City album so far!" says Daniel Olaisen.  Line-up: Daniel Olaisen – Rhythm, lead and acoustic guitars Frank Ørland – Lead, rhythm and acoustic guitars Frank Nordeng Røe – Drums and percussion Jørgen Bergersen- Vocals Miguel Pereira – Bass guitar    Tracklist: 1. The Rush 2. Dark Rider 3. Testify 4. I Will Fall 5. Running Away 6. Conception 7. Winds Of The Road 8. Heart's Like A Lion 9. Graveyard Love 10. How Dark Does It Get    www.facebook.com/bigcitynorway    
    • Yeah they are not for everyone that is for sure....I checked out several of their songs and they are hit and miss for me....they do however sound different from anyone I've heard before.....
    • Yeah really like what I hear from this band and will be looking out for a full release....
    • Yeah sounds decent,not fantastic but decent indeed.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.