What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

A friend from another board just got 2 Hyts discs on the Rock It label and they were appalling to say the least. I told him I had the other versions, which are excellent in all departments, so he sent me scans to compare. He was not a happy boy I can tell you.!!!

Yep, those 2 HYTS that we both have are pretty awesome !! :guitbannana::P:guitbannana:

A friend from another board just got 2 Hyts discs on the Rock It label and they were appalling to say the least. I told him I had the other versions, which are excellent in all departments, so he sent me scans to compare. He was not a happy boy I can tell you.!!!

Yep, those 2 HYTS that we both have are pretty awesome !! :guitbannana::P:guitbannana:

Those HYTS cd's have never been officially released by ANY label. Where do you think Schmankerl got his from?

Hmmm....

JOY! :

Disciple ~ Scars Remain

Disciple ~ s/t

Falling Up ~ Crashings

Kids in the Way ~ Love Hate Masquerade

Dizmas ~ On a Search in America

Forever the Sickest Kids ~ Underdog Alma Mater

Bullet for My Valentine ~ Scream Aim Fire

Safetysuit ~ Life Left to Go

Rev Theory ~ Light It Up

Echo Jet - S/T

Kix - S/T

Kix - Cool Kids

Kix - Midnite Dynamite

Chilliwack - Opus X

Mylene Farmer - Point De Suture

Krokus - Stampede/To Rock Or Not To Be 2 CD

Krokus - Round 13

Krokus - Hellraiser

Kix - S/T

Kix - Cool Kids

Kix - Midnite Dynamite

Chilliwack - Opus X

All good stuff there matey!

Yeah mate - Been meaning to get the Kix stuff for ages - Really good stuff. The Chilliwack is another that has been on the list - The Solid Gold Remastered version (as with all the Toronto stuff) is excellent.

Those HYTS cd's have never been officially released by ANY label. Where do you think Schmankerl got his from?

Hmmm....

We didn't get them from Schmankerl Sam. Having seen the Rock It nasty versions and these ones (and the 2 Mayday discs, wherever they come from), there is no comparison soundwise and everything wise. The Rock It versions scream Bad Bootleg, whereas the others look and sound very professionally done.

Any ideas who released the other versions?

The Mayday and Hyts cd's are all boots and they do originate in Germany. The people who booted them are affiliated with Schmankerl. The same people who did those dodgy 'Japan Rock Re-issues". But it's all good Jez. My stance on boots is pretty clear.

Thanx for the Info Sam - Always wondered who did these. A damned good job they did too!! :tumbsup:

KIM MITCHELL - Akimbo Alogo (Awesome!!!!)

Awesome is not the word Matey. One of my top 5 discs of all time ever ever!! :tumbsup:

Kix - S/T

Kix - Cool Kids

Kix - Midnite Dynamite

Chilliwack - Opus X

WOW... I go away for a few days and Jez ends up with a total of 6 KIX CDs. I think maybe I better take a look down stairs just to make sure I didn't have a visitor while I was away.

I guess we can assume Jez now has a complete CD collection. What do ya say Nick..?

Enjoy the CDs Jez.... :drink:

Kix - S/T

Kix - Cool Kids

Kix - Midnite Dynamite

Chilliwack - Opus X

WOW... I go away for a few days and Jez ends up with a total of 6 KIX CDs. I think maybe I better take a look down stairs just to make sure I didn't have a visitor while I was away.

I guess we can assume Jez now has a complete CD collection. What do ya say Nick..?

Enjoy the CDs Jez.... :drink:

Yeah Dave - As I said, I have been meaning to get them for ages, but always something else crops up and diverts my attention. I made a conscious effort this time and blagged all 6 studio discs for about £20, which is very good. I have heard all of them bfore except 'Cool Kids' which I am really enjoying aswell.

Anyway, nice to finally have them in the old collection! :tumbsup:

Sykes................Out of My Tree

Peking Opera.....S/T

Number Nine......Colors

King Kobra.........Thrill of a Lifetime

John Miles Band...Transition

Duqncover..........Incoming

Dear Diary..........2:57am

Crash.................S/T

Briar..................Crown of Thorns

Antix..................Get Up Get Happy

AKA...................Dangerous Addiction

Alibi...................S/T

I am presuming that the Brilliant John Miles disc is a Boot, as it has never been officially released before on CD - the dodgy Rock-It label again I suppose?

Rick Springfield - Tao

Rick Springfield - Rock Of Life

I am presuming that the Brilliant John Miles disc is a Boot, as it has never been officially released before on CD - the dodgy Rock-It label again I suppose?

A definite boot...don't have the CD in front of me so I can't say if it is Rock-It or not............

Cobra Dane - s/t

Demure - s/t

Stryper - extended versions

Tride - s/t

Mass - take you home

Mass - voices in the night

Mass - new birth

Sheriff - s/t

Sleeze Beez - powertool

7th Heaven - USA UK

The Casanovas - All night long

Shotgun Messiah - violent new breed