What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

Rubber - 'Ultra feel'

seriosuly what's that like? Ive still never heard it?

Kills the debut but it's still pretty average. I haven't heard it in years so I'll let you know when I spin it again. They really could have done without both discs.

The Tubes - The Complete Backward Principle

The Tubes - Outside Inside

2 awesome ones their matey! :tumbsup:

Yeah Jez, I'm really looking forward to these..The Complete Backward Principle should be a westcoast masterpiece from what I've read... and since I love Fee Waybill's first solo CD, I think these should be right up my alley :)

Kix - Blow My Fuse

Kix - Hot Wire

Kix - Show Business

Motorhead - Motorizer

Alaska - Bronze Years

Krokus - Change Of Address

Boz Scaggs - Silk Degrees...+3 (Remaster)

Boz Scaggs - Middle Man

went out (yes, i actually went out to buy some CDs!!!) and bought:

Slipknot - All Hope Is Gone Special Edition (fking digipacks -_-)

Stone Sour - Stone Sour

Bullet For My Valentine - Scream, Aim, Fire

Trivium - The Crusade

Avenged Sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold

best part was the price......free!! mom bought me the new Slipknot album as a reward for doing so well on my college entrance exam, and theres a girl i know who gives me about £20 worth of HMV vouchers whenever i see her so i get lotsa free albums using the ole 2 for £10 deal ;)

and my two Stranger discs arrived today, problem is i now have 7 albums to listen to and only a 5 disc changer -_--_-

easily solved,

throw away Slipknot...and Stonesour..

actually the Slipknot album is tehbest of the lot, i catn stop playing it!!

anyone who remotely likes modern metal should check it out, its got alot of melody and some songs dont sound like slipknot at all (theres three that dont have any screaming in them, and about 5 that have screaming but big melodic chorus')

its easily their best album and should appeal to alot more people than Vol 3 did

and Psychosocial, is one ofthe heavier tunes on the album ;)

i think Geoff would enjoy atleast a couple of songs off this album, and the couple of other people here that like heavier stuff

Last week I did some shopping:

Went to PRINCTON RECORD EXCHANGE and picked up:

RICK SPRINGFIELD-WORKING CLASS DOG

THE ANSWER-RISE

DISHWALLA-PET YOUR FRIENDS

RABID-RABBIT FOOT STEW

CASANOVAS-ALL NIGHT LONG

JOURNEY-NEXT

TOWERS OPEN FIRE-TOWERS OPEN FIRE

REVOLUTION MOTHER-GLORY BOUND

Then I drove to VINTAGE VINYL and picked up:

STONE RIDER-THREE LEGS OF TROUBLE

THE BLACK HALOS-WE ARE NOT ALONE

DIAMOND DOGS-THE ROCK

XAAL-ON THE WAY

Yesterday I went to COMPACT DISC WORLD and got:

JESSE JAMES DUPREE & DIXIE INC-REV IT UP & GO GO

CLUTCH-BLAST TYRANT

GILBY CLARK-99 LIVE

OTIS-ELECTRIC LANDLADY

Stone Sour - Stone Sour

Trivium - The Crusade

Nice selection. I kinda like the Slipknot digipack (though the booklet keeps falling out), is good quality. Same can't be said for the bonus DVD...

I'd say the Avenged Sevenfold is the highest quality disc out of that lot....

Broke as usual but have ordered Dio - Holy Diver Remastered :bowdown:

Nice! I still need to pick that one up.

Playcom £2.99

What a bargain :tumbsup:

Dio - Holy Diver (Remastered) came today :tumbsup:

How does 'Rainbow In The Dark' sound??

Always thought the original cd sound was too tinny.

Honestly Glen, I can`t tell at the moment as my sound system is crap :tumbsup:

I want to buy a decent one as I play all my cd`s through my pc or dvd player, apart from the one`s on my mp3 player :tumbsup:

Great album, nice interview on the end of the disc too :bowdown:

Stone Sour - Stone Sour

Trivium - The Crusade

Nice selection. I kinda like the Slipknot digipack (though the booklet keeps falling out), is good quality. Same can't be said for the bonus DVD...

I'd say the Avenged Sevenfold is the highest quality disc out of that lot....

yeah the booklet thing annoys me, but it was worth it for "Child Of Burning Time", i love that song!

and the DVD is alright, not as bad as Voliminal, but not as good as Some Kind Of Monster (due to an annoying lack of narrative!!!)