What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

Okay, got a few more cheapies... damn I'm going to be paying for this Melbourne visit for a long time... really got to sell some discs when I get back :lol: :

Mars Electric - 'Fame amongst the vulgar' (veryy happy to finally get this)

Tsar - 'Band girls money' (actually never heard this, but I know it's meant to be shit... still, for aud$8 I figured I'll give it a go for the sake of the cool debut)

101 South - 'Roll of the dice'

7 Months - s/t

Fightstar - 'Grand unification'

American Eyes - 'Never trust anything that bleeds'

Crowned King - 'Break the silence'

Malice in Wonderland - s/t

Love and Rockets - 'Express', 'All in my mind', 'The light', 'Hot trip to heaven'

Death By Stereo - s/t

A few doubles:

Gun - 'Taking on the world'

Haywire - 'Get off'

i love that 7 Months... a band you dont hear about much. Proggy AOR. Good fun to sing along to

Okay, got a few more cheapies... damn I'm going to be paying for this Melbourne visit for a long time... really got to sell some discs when I get back :lol: :

Tsar - 'Band girls money' (actually never heard this, but I know it's meant to be shit... still, for aud$8 I figured I'll give it a go for the sake of the cool debut)

7 Months - s/t

Love and Rockets - 'Express', 'All in my mind', 'The light', 'Hot trip to heaven'

Death By Stereo - s/t

A few doubles:

Haywire - 'Get off'

i love that 7 Months... a band you dont hear about much. Proggy AOR. Good fun to sing along to

Yeah, I got the CDR at home... pretty cool CD. I've seen one copy here already for aud$10... passed on it, but I got this one for aud$5. Had to pick it up this time. Same with the 101 South one.

7 Months - s/t

Death By Stereo - s/t

A few doubles:

Haywire - 'Get off'

Yeah, I got the CDR at home... pretty cool CD. I've seen one copy here already for aud$10... passed on it, but I got this one for aud$5. Had to pick it up this time. Same with the 101 South one.

very strange you saw two copies of that down there!

7 Months - s/t

Death By Stereo - s/t

A few doubles:

Haywire - 'Get off'

This Dixons Recycled Records in Camberwell, mate... it's stacked with Frontiers/MTM albums... Very extensive selection of recent releases in the HH-styled field... never seen that in an Aussie shop before. They even have a bunch of the MTM Ballad compilations and stuff... 2 copies of the Monkeyhead and Maryslim CDs - it's insanity as far as Aussie shops go.

And that Mars Electric CD, on Atenzia... f*cking stoked mate.

7 Months - s/t

Death By Stereo - s/t

A few doubles:

Haywire - 'Get off'

This Dixons Recycled Records in Camberwell, mate... it's stacked with Frontiers/MTM albums... Very extensive selection of recent releases in the HH-styled field... never seen that in an Aussie shop before. They even have a bunch of the MTM Ballad compilations and stuff... 2 copies of the Monkeyhead and Maryslim CDs - it's insanity as far as Aussie shops go.

And that Mars Electric CD, on Atenzia... f*cking stoked mate.

there was a while when there were heaps of Frontiers/MTM stuff for a few bucks in JB Hifi bins.. i grabbed heaps. They were in the days JB was good and they actually had cool specials bins...

Wow, that'd be cool. I've seen some pretty cool releases at JB, I have to admit, but never in the bargain bins. Except Kick Axe... got their 2 CDs (re-issues) for a few dollars in bargain bins.

Wow, that'd be cool. I've seen some pretty cool releases at JB, I have to admit, but never in the bargain bins. Except Kick Axe... got their 2 CDs (re-issues) for a few dollars in bargain bins.

when i first discovered JB the metal section had so many specials for under 10 bucks... now they still have the specials stickers on them... but the prices are like 25 bucks!! i havnt bought anything there for a long time!

EDENS CURSE - S/T (This sounds awesome on first listen)

RIDE THE SKY - New Protection (ex-Masterplan/Helloween man Uli Kusch)

Just to round up the ones I've got here:

Fairweather - 'If they move... kill them'

Irrelevant - 'Reflecting and Refracting' (debut EP)

Kurt Nilson - 'I'

Ordained Fate - s/t

Kid Courageous - 'Dear Diary' (2nd copy)

Kurt Nilson - 'I'

Ordained Fate - s/t

Geoff did ya try dixons fitzroy & blackburn & dandenong, also there is a store there called Radical Records, the place to go for AOR / Melodic Rock cds.

Arcara - A Matter of Time

Broke (N) Blue - The Waiting

Donald Dean - Nightshift

Goddo - King of broken Hearts

Russ Ballard - Book of Love

Joe E. Daddario - Living in the restless Age

Gary Schutt - Palisade-Lost in Paradise

Fotomaker - S/T

Fotomaker - Vis-A-Vis

Blue - S/T

Keldian - Heaven's Gate

Eden's Curse - S/T

Lec Zorn Project - It all began in the Underground

Kurt Nilson - 'I'

Ordained Fate - s/t

Geoff did ya try dixons fitzroy & blackburn & dandenong, also there is a store there called Radical Records, the place to go for AOR / Melodic Rock cds.

I'm going to Fitzroy tomorrow night and would have been at Blackburn yesterday if not for a(nother) stupid f*cked up wrong turn. I'll try tonight though. I don't know if I'll get down to Dandenong... might be too far. I hit the one up on Chapel Street too, but it didn't have much. Where is Radical Records? Is there a lot of 2nd hand stuff there? I'll look it up now.

Okay, just had the dodgiest (and longest) lunch I've had over here, driving up to Blackburn during my break (15mins on paper, about 20-25mins in reality). I must admit I wasn't overly pleased with my decision as I plucked out these ones for trade/selling purposes for a couple of dollars each:

The Front - s/t

King of Fools - s/t

Wildland - 'In this lifetime'

And this one I thought, oh yeah... may as well for $2:

Default - 'The fallout'

But I was pretty delighted to find this for $2:

Escape the Fate - s/t (bloody delighted actually)

So yeah, I had this lot and was thinking, wow, not really worth it, my good buddy Geoffrey. I did my obligatory look through the metal section (HUGE selection of heavy metal) and saw a few good CDs, not too cheap... but the last CD I flicked through was:

Falcon Scream - s/t ; for aud$10.00

And then on the shelf above it, this one caught my eye too:

Teargas - 'A dark obsession' ; EP for aud$6.00

So, basically, in the end I left the place with an erection. :)

White Wolf - Standing Alone/ Endangered Specoes (2 CD Re-issue)

Queensryche - Mindcrime At The Moore 2 CD

Dominoe - Keep In Touch...+8 (Re-issue)

I was quite slamming of this disc when I first heard it a good few years back and relistening to it again now, I may have been a little hard on it. Some very decent tunes on here!

A pretty disappointing but decent haul, I guess. I got this lot for aud$36... which averages out to aud$3 a CD, which is very cool:

Pretty Maids - 'Scream'

Pretty Maids - 'Carpe Diem'

Tesla - 'Bust a nut'

World Trade - s/t

Mark Boals - 'Ignition' (Japan)

Naked Sun - 'Wonderdrug'

Set Your Goals - 'Reset'

Earshot - 'Letting go'

Theory of a Deadman - 'Gasoline'

Antheneam - 'Radiance'

Somehow Hollow - 'Busted wings and rusted halos'

Party in My Pants - 'Romanowski'

Party in My Pants - 'Romanowski'

Pretty obvious that you bought this CD, wasn't it ?!?! :rofl2:

A pretty disappointing but decent haul, I guess. I got this lot for aud$36... which averages out to aud$3 a CD, which is very cool:

Pretty Maids - 'Scream'

Pretty Maids - 'Carpe Diem'

You'll really like those Geoff, Scream is thier heaviest effort IMO.