oderin1967

What CDs did you buy this week?

Hey Captain.........in your opinion.....are the rest of Bang Tango's releases good? I LOOOOOVE "Dancin' On Coals"!!! But that's the only one I've got.....

Dancin on coals is easily my favourite album by Bang Tango,but the others are cool as well.

There is an album out their called "Greatest tricks" which is all re-recorded songs from their previous albums,but it should give a great indication of their other songs.

Personally though,I'd say Beautiful Creatures is the best thing Joe LeSte has ever done!

Well, let's see. I haven't been here for awhile. Last week, I bought :

Over 60 Minutes with Helix and

Triumph - Thunder Seven.

I ordered both of these at the local CD store. Both of these bands toured together in 1984.

This week, I'm going to hunt down some Y & T here in Vancouver and I'll take the ferry over to Victoria and see what's on the island. I'll let you guys know if I found anything interesting.

Right now, I WANT Romeo's Daughter - Delectable and

Alexa - 1988 s/t. I found one over at musicstack.com and some lady wants US$350 for it. I said yeah, who's gonna shell out that kinda money?

I agree completely with what some of you guys said about teenagers today. Heavy Metal, hard rock, and AOR beats the hell out of rap and hip-hop any day. Even stuff like Limp Bizkit and Kid Rock. Kids these days are ignorant to their own roots of rock as someone in here once said. CHEERS! :drink:

I didnt think Delectable was that hard to find,or maybe thats just over here in the UK!

Must admit I prefer it to the debut album,some absolutely fantastic tunes on it!

Wonder what Leigh Matty is doing these days?

YES, a Leigh Matty fan! I am trying so hard to find the Romeo's Daughter CD - Delectable. It's impossible to find a Romeo's Daughter CD anywhere here in Vancouver. Virgin Megastore told me 'Delectable' is OOP. A few weeks ago, I bought Shotgun Messiah - Second Coming on Amazon.com. The feedback in here said it was a great CD. At the same time, I bought Lita Ford - Dangerous Curves and I love the CD.

AND, it's all because of this website. Thanks again, Dan! :drink:

I got the new Tesla album Into The Now yesterday. I have to say that although i like it, i don't love it yet. It's alot heavier and not as accessible as their earlier albums. Having said that, it's still great to hear another classic band creating good music again.

I got the new Tesla album Into The Now yesterday. I have to say that although i like it, i don't love it yet. It's alot heavier and not as accessible as their earlier albums. Having said that, it's still great to hear another classic band creating good music again.

:lol: Trust me.......it GROWS on you!!! The first time I heard it I was pretty taken aback....but I just can't get enough of it now!! Still don't like the voice thingy <_< but overall, I'm really pleased with it!! LOVE that scream at the beginning of "Got No Glory"!!!! :P

YES, a Leigh Matty fan! I am trying so hard to find the Romeo's Daughter CD - Delectable. It's impossible to find a Romeo's Daughter CD anywhere here in Vancouver. Virgin Megastore told me 'Delectable' is OOP. A few weeks ago, I bought Shotgun Messiah - Second Coming on Amazon.com. The feedback in here said it was a great CD. At the same time, I bought Lita Ford - Dangerous Curves and I love the CD.

AND, it's all because of this website. Thanks again, Dan! :drink:

If I find it anywhere I'll let ya know!

Today, I bought Y & T "best of '81 to '85" at Virgin Megastore. It was only CAD$12.99 or US$7.00. This morning I got Keiko Matsui's brand new CD "Wildflower" from Amazon.com. No other CD store here in Vancouver, new or used, has Y & T. I looked at several places downtown today without any success! I'll try the suburbs next like Surrey, White Rock, and Coquitlam. I know Burnaby won't have them. I haven't tried any pawn brokers yet. In Vancouver, like I said at theloudestrock.com, when you go to one used CD store, you've been to them all. :crying:

Didn't get to make it out yesterday, so I picked up Brides of Destruction and Tesla today. Also got some old stuff: Bad 4 Good - Refugee, Gun - Higher Ground, SR71 - Now You See Inside, & Tonto Tonto - Mirror For The Blame.

Had a good group today in the mailbox! :)

Electric Boys - Funk O Metal Carpet Ride

Bang Tango - Psycho Cafe

Parlor Trixx - S/T

and....

XENON!! - Defying Gravity

:banger: I'm a happy girl tonight!! :D

Hey MJ, that Xenon's cd is a new one. As I've got "New American Design" and "Simple".

Picked up the new cds by the following artists:

" New Reglion" by TNT

" Destorying All Monsters" by Eric Martin

"S/T" by Jack Blades

Hey MJ, that Xenon's cd is a new one. As I've got "New American Design" and "Simple".

Hey doggy.......don't I know you from someplace else???? ;):lol: I didn't know you liked Xenon!!! :D

Yeah......the Xenon has JUST been released!! It's actually just three songs, but different mixes... Listening to it now!! :D

Here's a link to the Xenon site:

XENONONLINE

Been a good week here, picked up:

Burn - Spark to a Flame

Manfred Ehlert's Amen - S/T

The Rat Race - Uncle Jim's Secret Garden

Tesla - Into the Now

House of Lords - The Power and the Myth

Electric Boys - Funk O Metal Carpet Ride

Trixie - S/T

Lynch Mob - Evil Live

George Lynch - Will Play For Food

Graig Goldy - Insufficient Therapy

Pink Cream 69 - Thunderdome

Jaded Heart - Trust

Flame - Blaze

Warrior - The Wars of Gods and Men

Autograph - More Missing Pieces

Copperhead - Live and Lost

Iced Earth - The Glorious Burden

In the mail today got

Jaded Heart - Trust

House of Lords - Power and the Myth

Charisma - Karma

Just got my Vinnie Vincent Invasion-S/T CD this morning & I've sent off for a few more albums in the last two days:

Jester-Digitalia

Eddie Money-Life for the taking

Eddie Money-Cant hold back

Eddie Money-Unplug it in

Eddie Money-Greatest hits

Glenn Hughes-Different stages

Fiona-Squeeze

Heavy Pettin-Big bang

Vixen-Full throttle

My buys for the week...

Asphalt Ballet...Pigs

Brides of Destruction...Here comes The Bride

Tesla....Into The now

Josh todd..... You made Me

Bubble Puppies..Gathering of Promises

Damned Nation....Road to Desire

Moon Doc...Get Mooned

:banger::banger::banger:

"Bubble Puppies" :lol: Do tell........

(serious question.....I've never heard of them, but the name just made me giggle)

The Bubble Puppies....Odd name..Now don't laugh but they are a psychedelic hard rock band from 1969..They had a hit with a song called"Hot smoke & Sassafras".The guitar work is awesome and the name is COOL :lol:

:drink:

K........thanks!! Like I said.....it just made me giggle. :lol:

Just got in the mail today Fivesongs from Tommy Dempsey, former lead singer of In The Pink and Sunshine Jive. Other than the fact that there really are only five songs, it's a great album. Really mellow tunes, but finely crafted. I'll really be hoping he releases another FULL length album in the future.

Picked up these this week

Tesla - Into the Now

XYZ - S/T

Magnitude 9 - Chaos to Control

I'm waiting on these titles I bought off Djangos.com

Tyketto - Don't Come Easy (2 copies)

Cherry St. - Squeeze it Dry

Autograph - That's the Stuff

After 5 years of seaching my Return of the Comet - Ace Frehley Tribute CD came in the mail today!

Also found last night for $1 each Loverboy VI and Shakin the cage by the Zoo

Hey MJ, thanks for the link. Yes, I do enjoy Xenon.

Yes, we do know each other. I regular on another site. Clue: Groper.

Tonight (or last night now!), I purchased two CDs on eBay: Satanicide - Heather and Killer Bee - Cracked Up.

Anybody have either and care to share opinions?

You'll enjoy the Killer Bee....nice import disc. I have another disc by them entitled RAW.....not bad Euro stuff...