Contest Final Results and Winners!

heavyharmonies

Now that I've had time to process the last submissions and tabulate the results, the final count is:

chocularok - 111

Rycheage - 50

Studboy - 19

aMetalhead1966 - 18

phaffas - 7

EaglesFan3000 - 4

Jacob M - 1

No surprise to anyone, chocularok wins the Royal Box Seat tickets to the Melodicrock.com concert. Congrabulashuns!

And the random number generator decides that the Front Row Mezzanine tickets go to...

Rycheage!

Please PM me your address information and I'll get the tickets out to you this week.

Thanks to everyone that participated. More than just the 7 folks listed above added CDs; several people knew they couldn't attend the concert but decided to help out submitting CDs anyway. This was a good way to spur additions to both HH and BM.

I will probably do another contest like this again, but instead of event tickets (which limited the interested parties), I'll probably do a CD package giveaway like I do with the Annual Donation Drive.

Thanks y'all!

-Dan

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the show. I've spoken with Dan & he's going to decide what to do/who gets the tickets. I'd really like to see the show & put some faces with the names of some good friends I've made here at the board. I still owe you one Jarred for the help with the Hurricane fiasco... :drink:

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the show. I've spoken with Dan & he's going to decide what to do/who gets the tickets. I'd really like to see the show & put some faces with the names of some good friends I've made here at the board. I still owe you one Jarred for the help with the Hurricane fiasco... :drink:

Bummer...how come you can't go?

Reason is two-fold...number one, it's real close to my anniversay & my wife would have my nuts in a vice if I chose the concert over doing something special with her. Secondly, I've got a serious problem with flying. I know, I'm a pussy... :anon:

Reason is two-fold...number one, it's real close to my anniversay & my wife would have my nuts in a vice if I chose the concert over doing something special with her. Secondly, I've got a serious problem with flying. I know, I'm a pussy... :anon:

The wifey thing is understandable. As for flying...grow some nuts...

:)

LOL!!!

The wifey thing is understandable. As for flying...grow some nuts...

:)

LOL!!!

I know, I know...it's not that I haven't flown before (my wife's family lives in Washington State). It's just that I have to take some serious meds & basically knock myself out to be able to fly.

Well... I'm in a quandry... both winners of the contest cannot attend... and both have said I may do what I wish with the tickets (thanks guys).

The question is what to do. It's been suggested that I auction them off, with the proceeds being considered a donation to HH. While I like the idea of money (don't we all ;) ), the problem I have with that solution is that I don't think it's fair to the others who made the effort to participate in the contest with the hopes of winning tickets.

So... I'm to give the other participants the first opportunity to claim the tickets, starting with Studboy, then aMetalHead1966, phaffas, EaglesFan3000, and Jacob M.

I am asking that you only claim the tickets if you will actually attend the show. If you only need 1 ticket and not a pair, please say so, as I'm working with several small blocks of tickets and a "onesie" makes it easier for me to divvy up the tickets I have. All of the tickets are good ones (either Royal Box at the sides, or Front Row Mezzanine in the very center) so no worries.

Given the lineup that's due to play, I really am surprised at the seeming across-the-board lack of interest in the show (those with logistical and/or prior commitments notwithstanding), and I don't just mean here. I would have thought the demand would be greater...

*sigh*

-Dan

I really want to go, but it falls on Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. I think that might be holding back a few other Canucks (Dave Ayotte too?)... mind you, the Harem Scarem factor must be pulling him just as strong in the opposite direction! I'm trying REALLY hard to rearrange my dinner plans to make this concert a go. Maybe a free ticket would be just the motivation I need! haha. (kidding)

...I really am surprised at the seeming across-the-board lack of interest in the show (those with logistical and/or prior commitments notwithstanding), and I don't just mean here. I would have thought the demand would be greater.

I thought when this concert was first announced, tickets sold like wildfire and area hotels booked up faster than Rosie O'Donnell tears through the buffet line at Golden Corral? Dan, do you have any behind-the-scenes info. you can (or are willing to) share in terms of number of tickets sold?

As for why I'm not attending...besides the usual reasons (excuses), I'm an antisocial SOB who hates crowds. Seriously, I despise crowds with a passion. Just going shopping at Wal-Mart is enough to make me grit my teeth so hard the enamel cracks and requires a trip to the dentist.

...I really am surprised at the seeming across-the-board lack of interest in the show (those with logistical and/or prior commitments notwithstanding), and I don't just mean here. I would have thought the demand would be greater.

I thought when this concert was first announced, tickets sold like wildfire and area hotels booked up faster than Rosie O'Donnell tears through the buffet line at Golden Corral? Dan, do you have any behind-the-scenes info. you can (or are willing to) share in terms of number of tickets sold?

First-weekend sales were phenomenal... over 600 tickets sold. Then it pretty much died. I don't think sales have reached 800 yet. Considering that Andrew wanted to sell at least 1,500 tickets, that ain't good. :(

As for why I'm not attending...besides the usual reasons (excuses), I'm an antisocial SOB who hates crowds. Seriously, I despise crowds with a passion. Just going shopping at Wal-Mart is enough to make me grit my teeth so hard the enamel cracks and requires a trip to the dentist.

Hey, I resemble that remark! While I'm not agoraphobic per se, I'm a hermit for the most part. It was a BIG step for me to start playing in a couple of local brass/wind ensembles on a regular basis. Too many people. The weird thing is that I wasn't always like this; I used to love going to bars and concerts... the last 10 years though, nah, I'll pass thanks. I prefer quiet intimate surroundings. I just don't like big crowds.

But for a lineup like this, I'm willing to deal with it for 1 day. :)

Hey, if you wanna come, I've got an extra Royal Box ticket right next to me... the boxes are at least somewhat separated from the rest of the throng. I'll probably be moving about between upstairs, downstairs, and backstage anyway, so that will be even fewer people for you to deal with. :lol:

-Dan

Hey, if you wanna come, I've got an extra Royal Box ticket right next to me...the boxes are at least somewhat separated from the rest of the throng. I'll probably be moving about between upstairs, downstairs, and backstage anyway, so that will be even fewer people for you to deal with. :lol:

-Dan

Oh, how thou temptest me. :P No, seriously, thanks for the offer, but even if I were a social butterfly, I couldn't make the show. Just a legion of things preventing it.

Thanks for the great offer Dan and I'm sorry for the late reply, spent the last day or so negotiating with the wife and I finally lost. I'd LOVE to go but it just ain't gonna work so you can give the tickets to the next person in line. It would be over a 9 hour drive one way. If I lived in the area I'd jump at the chance to go.

Woohoo! I made the list. I really wish I could go. If somebody drove me I would. That would kick ass. I would even pay for my ticket and for someone else to go if I lived closer. I really do hope more people buy tickets for this event. I'm sure there are a lot more out there that would go if it was possible.