Warrior Soul

Fat Freddy

Saw this on Blabbermouth and I can't WAIT!!!! :headbanger:

WARRIOR SOUL Working On New Studio Album - Aug. 20, 2008

WARRIOR SOUL, the band fronted by legendary singer Kory Clarke, is currently working on a new studio album which is tentatively due before the end of the year. A tour will follow the album's release.

Video footage of WARRIOR SOUL performing the song "Let's Get Wasted" at Ace of Clubs in New York City on May 31, 2008 can be viewed below. The show marked WARRIOR SOUL's first American concert in twelve years.

Clarke's side project, THE STONED, opened the concert.

Cool news, but did you watch the video that Blabbermouth included with this news bit? Good Lord, Kory sounds godawful!! His voice sounds like he's been smoking twenty packs a day and chasing it with shots of bleach!! :yikes:

If that's what his voice sounds like ALL the time nowadays (and I'm starting to get the feeling that it is, judging from this clip and of the few I've seen of him fronting Trouble thus far) then I'd say his voice is shot... which doesn't bode well for new material...

Here's the clip in question:

Wow... uh... "you make me vomit, now pass the bourbon" indeed... :unsure:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... uh... "you make me vomit, now pass the bourbon" indeed... :unsure:

He sounds like someone's been passing him a LOT of bourbon!!

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the forthcoming new Warrior Soul album... and wait'll you see the title. This is why I love Kory Clarke!!! :)

Not so stoked about the idea that the only place to get the new CD (at first) will be at their shows though... looks like we gotta wait till January of '09 to get it via conventional outlets... :unsure:

WARRIOR SOUL's 'Chinese Democracy' Due In October - Sep. 5, 2008

WARRIOR SOUL, the band fronted by legendary singer Kory Clarke, is the latest act to announce (jokingly or not) that it has selected "Chinese Democracy" -- the name of the perennially delayed new GUNS N' ROSES LP -- as the title of its new album. The CD will be available exclusively at shows on WARRIOR SOUL's forthcoming U.S. tour, which begins on October 16 at the Double Door in Chicago, Illinois.

WARRIOR SOUL's "Chinese Democracy" will receive its retail release in January. UK fans will also have an opportunity to buy the album at shows during WARRIOR SOUL's UK tour in December.

This is the first WARRIOR SOUL studio album to include the new lineup featuring;

Kory Clarke - Vocals

Rille Lundell - Guitar

Johnny H - Guitar

Janne Jarvis - Bass

Rob "Stevo" Stephenson - Drums

Recorded and written over a five-week period in Stockholm, Sweden and in the UK, WARRIOR SOUL's "Chinese Democracy" was produced by Clarke, Lundell and Jarvis.

Stated Clarke: "I'm really proud of this album. It's been great to make another WARRIOR SOUL record and this line up is the best I've ever had." He continued, "People have been waiting for a long time to hear this record and I'm thrilled to finally release 'Chinese Democracy'."

Co-producer and bassist Janne Jarvis had this to say: "This is an exciting, vital collection of songs. It's unadulterated and uncompromising. It is essential WARRIOR SOUL."

Songtitles set to appear on WARRIOR SOUL's "Chinese Democracy" include "Motor City", "Bad News (Rock 'n' Roll Boyfriend)", "Fuck The Pigs" and "No Respect".

WARRIOR SOUL's current lineup has successfully toured Europe over the last two years and reports from both fans and media suggest that this is the band's strongest formation yet.

The alleged album cover...

2830457962_6c6abbe1c5.jpg

Gee I wonder if ole Axl gonna have a bitch fest over the album name???? :whistle:

Who gives a sh*t what Axl thinks? You can't copyright an album title... there's already at least one other CD out there by that title (by some indie band whose name escapes me at the moment) so this isn't totally an original idea on Kory's part. Still funny as hell though! :lol:

A couple of years back The Offspring were going to call one of their records "Chinese Democracy (You Snooze, You Lose!)" but thought better of it and changed it at the last minute. Buncha candy-asses. :whistle:

Gee I wonder if ole Axl gonna have a bitch fest over the album name???? :whistle:

Who gives a sh*t what Axl thinks? You can't copyright an album title... there's already at least one other CD out there by that title (by some indie band whose name escapes me at the moment) so this isn't totally an original idea on Kory's part. Still funny as hell though! :lol:

A couple of years back The Offspring were going to call one of their records "Chinese Democracy (You Snooze, You Lose!)" but thought better of it and changed it at the last minute. Buncha candy-asses. :whistle:

Yea, True, Who gives a shit what Axl thinks anyways?? I mean it's been HOW long now that His Chinese Democracy has been in the works?? Over TEN years???? :whistle:

Yea I Heard about The Offspring maybe calling one of their records Chinese Democracy too.. Maybe they got the Fear of Axl or something?? You know, cause He was gonna kick Vince Neil's ass back in the day???? God was that a JOKE or what??? :tumbsup:

Oh puh-leeeeeze... I remember that idiocy... Vince Neil coulda squashed Axl's ass anyway... mainly cuz he was so bloated on donuts and booze at the time that all he would've had to do was sit on Axl and it woulda been all over :lol:

HOW long now that His Chinese Democracy has been in the works?? Over TEN years????

More like thirteen or fourteen years at this point, I think... Axl works on it when he feels like it, in between the times when he locks himself in his Howard Hughes model germ-free bunker and stores jars of his own pee while he waits for the apocalypse. ("Smithers, begin the thawing of Jim Nabors!")

Axl should use that one! When & if the new Buns 'n Toasties/ Axl solo album 'Chinese Democracy' does eventually arrive, it will probably be a case of 'We Snooze, We Lose' to be honest with ya. ZZZzzzzzzzzz

• 3 weeks later...

Another chapter in the increasingly bizarre Warrior Soul saga, courtesy of Blabbermouth ...

WARRIOR SOUL's 'Chinese Democracy' Being Re-Recorded - Sep. 22, 2008

WARRIOR SOUL, the band fronted by legendary singer Kory Clarke, who recently announced that it has selected "Chinese Democracy" — the name of the perennially delayed new GUNS N' ROSES LP — as the title of its new album, has issued the following update:

"We are making the first copies of 'Chinese Democracy' available to pre-order.

"We want WARRIOR SOUL fans who are unable to attend our fall/winter shows in the U.S/U.K to have a chance to buy 'Chinese Democracy' before this limited edition record sells out, which we can assure you it will. More info on how to pre-order your copy will appear on MySpace soon......

"Last week we came to the conclusion that our new album didn't sound 100% like we wanted it to. Therefore we have decided to re-record pretty much the whole album. It sounded too much like a ass licking whore. It was too polished, too 'produced,' if you will. We wanted to create something more honest, more true to life, something vital. This is something we feel is sorely missing from music today. This record should be a visceral thrill. We think we've achieved just that. Of course you and only you will be the ones to pass the final judgement. The media will not share this record before you....

"The good news is that, due to our 'one-take' policy, we can stick to our release date which is still October 16th.

"The first pressing of 'Chinese Democracy' will be a very limited-edition digipack CD including tracks like 'Motor City', 'Don't Believe', 'Fuck the Pigs', 'Bad News (Rock n Roll Boyfriend)' and 'The Fourth Reich'. Clips will be posted on MySpace very soon.

"The release date and party is set for October 16th and takes place in Chicago on the first date of our U.S tour."

WARRIOR SOUL's "Chinese Democracy" is the band's first studio album to include the new lineup featuring;

Kory Clarke - Vocals

Rille Lundell - Guitar

Johnny H - Guitar

Janne Jarvis - Bass

Rob "Stevo" Stephenson - Drums

WARRIOR SOUL's current lineup has successfully toured Europe over the last two years and reports from both fans and media suggest that this is the band's strongest formation yet.

WARRIOR SOUL released a live album on April 14, 2008 through Livewire/Cargo Records. Entitled "Live In England", the CD was recorded in London during the band's October 2007 tour.

"Live In England" features many of the classic songs from the "Last Decade Dead Century", "Drugs, God And The New Republic", "Salutations From The Ghetto Nation", "Space Age Playboys" and "Chill Pill" albums as well as a brand new song entitled "Bad News (Rock 'n' Roll Boyfriend)".

For more information, visit www.myspace.com/warriorsoulinfo.

• 4 weeks later...

Tour Dates for Warrior Soul... got these off the official W.S. page on Facebook. Openers are Kory's side band "The Stoned" and somebody called "Shram" whoever they are...

16 Oct 2008 20:00

Double Door Nightclub Chicago, Illinois

17 Oct 2008 20:00

Planet Rock Battle Creek, Michigan

18 Oct 2008 20:00

Callahans Auburn Hills, Michigan

18 Oct 2008 23:00

The Fat Iguana Music Cafe- WARRIOR SOUL AFTER PARTY w/ The Stoned Madison, Michigan

21 Oct 2008 20:00

RPM’s Rock Club Bridgeville, Pennsylvania

22 Oct 2008 20:00

The Loft Poughkeepsie, New York

23 Oct 2008 20:00

The Munchaba Lounge Levittown, New York

24 Oct 2008 20:00

Dingbatz New Jersey, New Jersey

25 Oct 2008 20:00

The Haunt Yonkers, New York

26 Oct 2008 20:00

Don Hills - Smoke the Vote Event w/ High Times New York, New York

27 Oct 2008 20:00

Church Boston, Massachusetts

28 Oct 2008 20:00

Northern Lights Clifton Park, New York

29 Oct 2008 20:00

El Bar Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

30 Oct 2008 20:00

Zakk’s Coffee House Murfreesboro, North Carolina

• 3 weeks later...

Just for the sheer hell of it, in honor of Election Day here in the US...

"Four More Years" by Warrior Soul (Kory Clarke)

From the album LAST DECADE DEAD CENTURY

Playing wild, the dying children

From the gutter they spawn

A life created of indignation

Pride and seeker pause

Pig city, oil creation

Over sex-dosed the junk machine crawls

Missing is the laughter, from the death bus

While the eternal human war rages on

Can...you...believe...how...little...you...care?

The friendly face of the empire leader

Conquest of style, ego hate

Walk amongst the dogs

While the violence kills the declined state

Have you eaten today?

I am glad

Your digestion is the sorrow of the hungry

So tired of rejection and stupidity

Cut away to Grey man

Isolation room, a crowd gathers

Fade to riot, As the furor screams deliverance

The claws of the predatory corporation dig deep

into the naive religion culture

Acceptance, blind virtue

their reason taunts the absurd

The beggar, he feeds the anger

As you burn sorrow's last word

Pain create the answer holy

Learn the lesson passion learned

Hate the teachers, oh so saintly

I kiss the pyre as it burned

Our need flows on, but we feel nothing

While emotion kills with no remorseful deathblow from Jesus

Only you can turn the key

to unlock the tortured riches inside your soul

And find the reason we live

Like some sort of God rejection

Place the blame on heads that turn

You watch the dagger rip through masses

As wheat and grain and corn

dry into a hatred reality,

screaming into a vengeful pit

Pitiful scream!!

The heart goes forward hating

Wanting life that cannot be attained

Justice seeker, pray for vengeance

The purist life is marred and staind

I want the World to heal...

I want the world to love...

But it cannot

4 More Years

4 More Years

4 More Years

4 More Years

4 More Years

4 More Years

4 More Years...

There's a brand new Warrior Soul track ("The Fourth Reich") up on their MySpace page... those of you who are on Facebook can hear it there on the W.S. fan page too. Sounds pretty b*tchin' to me though Kory's voice is a little rougher sounding than I'm used to...

http://www.myspace.com/warriorsoulinfo

• 2 weeks later...

Terry - did you pre-order the CHINESE DEMOCRACY disc from the band??

Cuz a guy at another forum I frequent did, and when it arrived he was a little pissed off that he got a CD-R in a cardboard sleeve... which he paid $21 for. Laaaaaame!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the video for the new track "Fourth Reich" from CHINESE DEMOCRACY...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=syufIAY0hyk

Terry - did you pre-order the CHINESE DEMOCRACY disc from the band??

Cuz a guy at another forum I frequent did, and when it arrived he was a little pissed off that he got a CD-R in a cardboard sleeve... which he paid $21 for. Laaaaaame!!!

I did not and boy would I have been pissed off if I did.

• 2 months later...

Apparently Warrior Soul's self-released version of the CHINESE DEMOCRACY disc is now sold out, but it is being re-issued (if it hasn't been already) by their European label (Cargo Records) under a new title (AND WE ROCK AND ROLL). Check out more info here...

http://www.komodorock.com/reviews/cd-revie...-2008120810346/

I tried to find out some more info (and perhaps a release date) from Cargo Records but their web site sucks and kept causing my browser to crash. :doh:

• 1 month later...

As if Kory Clarke's dance card isn't already full with the reactivated Warrior Soul, singing lead for Trouble, and playing drums for The Stoned, I just read on Blabbermouth about yet ANOTHER project he's involved in, called Mob Research. It's got more of an industrial feel than much of Kory's other stuff, the other members include former Prong/Ministry/Killing Joke bassist Paul Raven (apparently this is the last stuff he recorded before he died in '07), Mark Gemini (The Mission UK, Peter Murphy) and Nick Lucero (Queens of the Stone Age). Interesting... not my usual meat but still sounds pretty jammin'. The album will be released on May 22 (my birthday!) in Europe. Check it out y'all:

http://www.myspace.com/mobresearch69

• 1 month later...

warrior_war.jpg

OK, the Warrior Soul album that was once called CHINESE DEMOCRACY, and was then supposed to be re-named AND WE ROCK & ROLL, has apparently gone thru yet another name change... according to Blabbermouth, it's now called DESTROY THE WAR MACHINE and will be released in the U.S. in July. Confused yet? I sure am.

warrior_war.jpg

OK, the Warrior Soul album that was once called CHINESE DEMOCRACY, and was then supposed to be re-named AND WE ROCK & ROLL, has apparently gone thru yet another name change... according to Blabbermouth, it's now called DESTROY THE WAR MACHINE and will be released in the U.S. in July. Confused yet? I sure am.

I saw this the other day and yea I got confused, then again that's not that hard to do I know.... :rofl2:

Least it's getting a US Release and it's available at good ole Amazon.com so yea it WILL be mine.....

Wasn't there another video posted on that article?? Looked for it on Youtube, but no luck,....