Why....

SamboraRocks86

i cant stand downloads!

i just cant get into dling an album and burning it to disc.

I just never need to burn them to disc, they just stay on my i-pod. Which I use everywhere. In fact it's annoying when I do have to buy the CD (lots of the Frontiers stuff isn't downloadable but most of the modern stuff I buy is) as I then have to transfer it onto my i-tunes library....

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i have a huge steoreo system with 400watt speakers and a newly added turntable, so i like to use all that stuff...

and as a guitarist its easier to play to tracks if theyre permanently on your cd shelf.

• 2023 Gold Donors
The only way I buy LP's these days is for a decoration on my wall. They make nice pictures.

I use to use a couple of the 'gatefold' covers for backgrounds of my fish tanks, they looked pretty cool, back in those days! ;) Rainbow Rising was one of my faves, I wonder how the fish enjoyed 'em? :crazy::whistle:

• 2023 Gold Donors
Convenience and durability of the CD format compared to vinyl.

CD is the format that has been dominant for most of the time period that this music has been available.

From the early 1990s onward, very little in the genre has been available on vinyl.

Vinyl has been relegated to a niche format that audiophiles use; it no longer has mass market penetration.

-Dan

I agree with Dan! CD's are extremely convient, as well as durable. Records, especially the ones played many times over, didn't last for more then a few years (unless yer really good with takin' care of 'em :tumbsup: ). Also, the cost of turntables/record players has increased quite a bit of the years, with the exception of the 'belt' drive types, save for DJer's :screwy: ? Most, but not all, of the older mainstream bands' releases are available on CD format now. Not to mention, a good majority of the vinyl 'havens' around these parts have and/or are going the way of the 8 track tapes. Does anybody remember 8 tracks anymore? :crazy::crying: I played some old 45's a while back, ah, those Rice Krispies fireside memories! ;):whistle:

The only way I buy LP's these days is for a decoration on my wall. They make nice pictures.

I use to use a couple of the 'gatefold' covers for backgrounds of my fish tanks, they looked pretty cool, back in those days! ;) Rainbow Rising was one of my faves, I wonder how the fish enjoyed 'em? :crazy::whistle:

It's a proven fact that Fish enjoy anything invloving Ronnie James Dio. ;)

The gatefolds of early Marillion albums are also enjoyed by Fish.

(Inside joke for those not in the know: "Fish" is the stage name of Marillion's original vocalist. OK, now it's not funny anymore cuz I had to explain it. Well screw it, it was a lame joke anyway.)

(Inside joke for those not in the know: "Fish" is the stage name of Marillion's original vocalist. OK, now it's not funny anymore cuz I had to explain it. Well screw it, it was a lame joke anyway.)

I am "in the know" and I don't appreciate you explaining that to me like I'm an idiot. :whistle:

Just Kidding Keef. :lol:

I am "in the know" and I don't appreciate you explaining that to me like I'm an idiot. :whistle:

I was not insinuating that you were not 'in the know,' Wes. It was just a general explanation for anyone else out there who might not be 'in the know," and who would've read my post and said "What the f*ck is this goofball talking about?" Obviously you and I are part of the same cool kids club cuz we're both "in the know." :lol:

I was not insinuating that you were not 'in the know,' Wes. It was just a general explanation for anyone else out there who might not be 'in the know," and who would've read my post and said "What the f*ck is this goofball talking about?" Obviously you and I are part of the same cool kids club cuz we're both "in the know." :lol:

Maybe we should print up some t-shirts that say "Cool Kids Club". ;)

Maybe we should print up some t-shirts that say "Cool Kids Club". ;)

I'm totally down. The back could say "If you're not In The Know, you're :baneed:"

Maybe we should try putting Prongs Cleansing album behind a fish tank and see what the fishes reaction is.

Maybe we should try putting Prongs Cleansing album behind a fish tank and see what the fishes reaction is.

Is that the one with the eyeball stuck to a fork on it? Yikes! :yikes:

Yes it is.

cleansing.jpg

Yummy!

I used to have this one on cassette... should probably find a CD one of these fine days.

I went to a Prong gig when I was in college. F**kin' INSANE show. People were throwin' the cafe tables from the back of the room around in the pit! :yikes: Type O Negative opened for them... I don't think Type O's first album had even been released yet. Those were the days.

Yes it is.

cleansing.jpg

Yummy!

I used to have this one on cassette... should probably find a CD one of these fine days. I saw'em live when I was in college. F**kin' INSANE show. Type O Negative opened for them... I don't think Type O's first album had even been released yet. Those were the days.

A great album I just recently replaced my cassette with a CD...."Snap your fingers I'll snap your neck".

Yes it is.

cleansing.jpg

Yummy!

I used to have this one on cassette... should probably find a CD one of these fine days. I saw'em live when I was in college. F**kin' INSANE show. Type O Negative opened for them... I don't think Type O's first album had even been released yet. Those were the days.

A great album I just recently replaced my cassette with a CD...."Snap your fingers I'll snap your neck".

Yeaaaaa, that's some good sh*t. When I saw'em they had just put out the "Prove You Wrong" record... damn good band.

Dammit Bob, now you got me thinking about this band for the first time in years so now I gotta go out and buy a buncha Prong CDs! :lol:

Yes it is.

cleansing.jpg

Yummy!

Yeaaaaa, that's some good sh*t. When I saw'em they had just put out the "Prove You Wrong" record... damn good band.

Dammit Bob, now I gotta go out and buy a buncha Prong CDs! :lol:

:headbanger: That's just good ole fucking kick ass prong/thrash shit that makes you want to kick someone in the head.

:headbanger: That's just good ole fucking kick ass prong/thrash shit that makes you want to kick someone in the head.

F*ck yea. The one thing I remember most about that show (other than the flying cafe tables, haha) is that Tommy Victor of Prong looked kinda like Charles Manson, which freaked me out a little. :yikes:

Their bass player at the time (Troy Gregory) had just joined them after leaving Flotsam & Jetsam, so I also remember a couple of guys who kept hollering out the names of F&J songs ... dunno if they actually expected Prong to bust into an F&J cover, or if they were just being sarcastic pricks, but it was pretty damn funny either way. :lol:

F*ck yea. The one thing I remember most about that show (other than the flying cafe tables, haha) is that Tommy Victor of Prong looked kinda like Charles Manson, which freaked me out a little. :yikes:

Their bass player at the time (Troy Gregory) had just joined them after leaving Flotsam & Jetsam, so I also remember a couple of guys who kept hollering out the names of F&J songs ... dunno if they actually expected Prong to bust into an F&J cover, or if they were just being sarcastic pricks, but it was pretty damn funny either way. :lol:

I forgot Troy left F&J for Prong...you always have the best concert stories. You and I have to party sometime.

I forgot Troy left F&J for Prong...you always have the best concert stories. You and I have to party sometime.

F*ck yea, come on up to Jersey sometime. There aren't many good concert halls around here anymore but I'm sure we could find something. :lol:

F*ck yea, come on up to Jersey sometime. There aren't many good concert halls around here anymore but I'm sure we could find something. :lol:

Damn skippy it seems there are some good concerts in the Baltimore area. What's Jersey from northern Maryland about 2 hours?

Damn skippy it seems there are some good concerts in the Baltimore area. What's Jersey from northern Maryland about 2 hours?

I'm way way at the tip of Northern Jersey, so it's probably closer to 4 hours. If you walk outside my house and throw a rock you can almost hit the New York State line.

I'm way way at the tip of Northern Jersey, so it's probably closer to 4 hours. If you walk outside my house and throw a rock you can almost hit the New York State line.

That's alright I can pick up Pete on the way. I'm actually going to Philly this weekend to see the Phillies play the Braves before I have to take my oldest son back to satan(I mean his mom). I can just the timing from there.