Dirty Penny - Take It Sleazy

whiplash1972

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have tried to order dirty penny through their myspace but they have not replied. is this where everyone else has ordered from?

I ordered it from their Myspace page. I never heard anything from them after placing the order but the cd arrived about 5 days after ordering it.

have tried to order dirty penny through their myspace but they have not replied. is this where everyone else has ordered from?

Try CD Baby

http://cdbaby.com/cd/dirtypenny

I wish I would have known that and saved a few dollars on shipping. They charged me $5.00 to ship that little cardboard sleeve.

I got it from their myspace page too, Lindsay. No communication, but like Rick says the CD arrived a few days later... even here in Australia.

yep I got it off their myspace as well and it turned up pretty quick, took about 6 days which isnt bad all the way down here lol

I like it a lot. reminds me a bit of Loud n Nasty. even like the acoustic version of sleeze disease, and Im not generally into acoustic versions of rocking songs

yep I got it off their myspace as well and it turned up pretty quick, took about 6 days which isnt bad all the way down here lol

I like it a lot. reminds me a bit of Loud n Nasty. even like the acoustic version of sleeze disease, and Im not generally into acoustic versions of rocking songs

Yeah, it's awesome. It's like a completely new song.

• 2 weeks later...

finally got this disc lat night.

already had a couple of listens and it's pretty good.

What get's me though is how cheesy many of the song titles and lyrics are. "scream and shout", "black & blue", "running wild"...ect.

I don;t think i've heard as many cliches on a single album.

They're good, but not in the same league as crashdiet.

Another current band that does this srota stuff even better is 'Sister', so if you like Dirty Penny, definitely check out Sister.

Does Sister has a full CD out yet? I heard them a while ago on myspace and agree they're very awesome. I agree with you about the simplicity of Dirty Penny too, even more noticeable compared with a lot of the modern stuff I listen to, but in some way that adds to the allure of a good, fun, mindless rock n' roll album. :)

I haven't seen a full album by Sister yet.... just their 2 EPs which are both sensational.

Even though Crashdiet are a very silmilar style to Dirty Penny, their song writing is far far superior. On my 2 listens so far I found the Dirty Penny lyrics so simple and cliche that it detracted from the tracks. I'm not saying their bad, just very "soda-pop and bubblegum". Kinda like Motely Crue singing Trixter songs. I still give them 7or8/10 and a great debut.

I was also wondering whether anyone had heard of these guys before this release, as they seem to have just appeared with a full length album, which is a rarity these days.

F*ck I hate cardboard slip cases... I was looking for this CD this morning at home and I already can't find the f*cker. I know it'll be around somewhere, but it's not cool. Either way, can't wait to see the video!!

F*ck I hate cardboard slip cases... I was looking for this CD this morning at home and I already can't find the f*cker. I know it'll be around somewhere, but it's not cool. Either way, can't wait to see the video!!

haha funny I was thinking that the other day. and its too farking thin to fit in the CD rack so it keeps disappearing

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

ONLY 2 Days Left!!

....until The Glam Slam Rock N' Roll Party of the Year!!

CLUB SLEAZE 3.0

featuring:

BIG COCK

VAINS OF JENNA

and

DIRTY PENNY

At the Brickhouse Theatre

1. E Jackson st.

Downtown PHX, Arizona

Saturday Feb 9, 2008

Hosted by Butch Maloney of Lehigh Valley Rocks (www.myspace.com/lehighvalleyrocks)!!

Also in attendence will be:

Wyldeside Radio (doing a Live Remote Broadcast)

KNAC.com

and representatives from ROCKLAHOMA!!

Only $10 cover

All AGES show

with

VIP room- 21 over!

But Tickets NOW at

www.myspace.com/clubsleazeaz

IF YOU'RE IN THE PHOENIX AREA, BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 10 months later...

Dirty Penny are friends with one of my acts SHY TIGER (who actually are very similar). D.P. have a good debut album and I'd probably sign these guys but let's face a couple of facts here...

Guitar player isn't really that good. (listen to solo in the 'video' song - ugh...)

Singer is flat ALOT

Yeh , the backing vox sound good but they cannot pull them off live.

I think the Swedish bands like CrashDiet or even Hardcore Superstar are just doing it better.

Not to take anything away from D.P. because I respect and appreciate what they are doing , it's just that others are doing it better...

Just my 2 cents.