Get Thrashed!

Dark Star

Informative too, talking about the scene in other countries, like France and Japan?? Didn't know France really HAD a scene to be honest, but then, Anti-Social, which Anthrax covered, was originally done by the band Trust from France,yes??? :unsure:

France has always had an active "local" scene... it's just that not many of their bands ever broke out on the international scene. Mainly because most of'em sang in their native tongue. Along with Trust, some of the more "famous" French bands include Warning, Vulcain, and FISC.

Didja know that Nicko McBrain was the drummer for Trust before he joined Iron Maiden? Tis true.

I THINK that was mentioned on The History of Iron Maiden: The Early years DVD... Gotta watch it again to be sure, but I Believe they mention Nicko used to be in Trust.....

but this is a fun DVD full of excellent vintage photos & clips from "back in the day"

Yes! Excellent vintage photos & clips indeed.

Though I may not say that GET THRASHED was excellently made, it is still waaaaay far better than the HOLLYWOOD ROCKS DVD (I'll take any chance I get to "thrash" that DVD which was very, extremely, poorly made. I really hated that!)

• 1 month later...

I finally got this DVD and it's pretty damn good.

I do with they would of talked about Testament more and even talked about Metal Church during the documentary but overall it was still good stuff. I could of done without the crossover bands and the discussion of Hardcore bands but I understand it's place it Thrash history. They really could of made this DVD like 4 hours long and made it better and it would of been cool to make a badass Classic Thrash compilation to go with the DVD but I can't complain to much. I did think that the bonus features where they talked about the bands from each state and country was very very cool. :banger:

• 2 weeks later...

Get Thrashed was a good start. But there was really nothing on there that any of us did not already know.

I would like someone to put together a real documentary on thrash, including it's roots. Being targeted by the religious right fanatics, having to endure endless pigs busting up shows, and maybe a chapter on the slew of reunions the past few years. I mean, Faith or Fear is putting out a new album! Why and How?[more why than how] Ya know what I mean? Show me some footage of Destruction destroying some pub in Bavaria in 1985. Tell me the story of how the Emils got there crowd to beat the shit outta the neo-nazi's and drive them outta the club. Tell me where the hell John Cyris/Cyrus/Cyriis is! Who cares if it sells? PS didn't give a crap about getting a return when she did Decline 1!

Rant over. I really liked "Get Thrashed". I was just hoping for any nuget that was not already common knowledge.

Get Thrashed was a good start. But there was really nothing on there that any of us did not already know.

I would like someone to put together a real documentary on thrash, including it's roots. Being targeted by the religious right fanatics, having to endure endless pigs busting up shows, and maybe a chapter on the slew of reunions the past few years. I mean, Faith or Fear is putting out a new album! Why and How?[more why than how] Ya know what I mean? Show me some footage of Destruction destroying some pub in Bavaria in 1985. Tell me the story of how the Emils got there crowd to beat the shit outta the neo-nazi's and drive them outta the club. Tell me where the hell John Cyris/Cyrus/Cyriis is! Who cares if it sells? PS didn't give a crap about getting a return when she did Decline 1!

Rant over. I really liked "Get Thrashed". I was just hoping for any nuget that was not already common knowledge.