Hell's Kitchen '07, '08, & now... '09!

Blue Charvel

And if he DOES win it, if he's smart, he'll hire Waffle House Girl to be his second in command.

Good call, that would be smart, she's a quick learner.

:lol: My wife thought the same thing, "does she have a beard growing?"... :baneed:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: My wife thought the same thing, "does she have a beard growing?"... :baneed:

Yea, between that and the way she let her hair go wild the last couple of weeks, she didn't look nearly as hot as she did at the start of the show....which is a shame cuz I usually love me some redheads... :lol:

The "Nanny" chick is still pretty cute though.

:agree: Let's just hope she doesn't grow a beard... <_<

Nanny girl looked pretty sweet when they dolled her up at the magazine photo shoot ... but even their hair and makeup pros couldn't do much for Waffle House girl and the one who looks like Olive Oyl :lol:

:agree: Let's just hope she doesn't grow a beard... <_<

Nanny girl looked pretty sweet when they dolled her up at the magazine photo shoot ... but even their hair and makeup pros couldn't do much for Waffle House girl and the one who looks like Olive Oyl :lol:

True dat, next to them she should have no problem continuing to look hot. :lol:

Yeah right, he was PISSED! I think the little redhead would've lasted a little longer, but she grew that thing on her chin, what the hell was that?

My money's on Rock, unless he totally blows a gasket. I do like Julia (I think that's her name), the Waffle House cook, she may not know gourmet food, but she seems to know how to cook and get shit done.

Hahahaha, you noticed that thing on Redhead's chin too? I even said to my wife "What the hell is that? Did she grow a goatee?"

It was sooooo cold when they told Rock to go all the way over to where Ramsey was doing the photo shoot w/the girls just so he could pick up their recyclables... holy cow, I was waitin' for him to just explode...

Unless he blows a blood vessel beforehand, my money's on Rock too. And if he DOES win it, if he's smart, he'll hire Waffle House Girl to be his second in command.

Agree on all points.......and, we too, were wondering what in the hell was on that chicks chin!!! Must have been stress related....!! :lol:

Yeah right, he was PISSED! I think the little redhead would've lasted a little longer, but she grew that thing on her chin, what the hell was that?

My money's on Rock, unless he totally blows a gasket. I do like Julia (I think that's her name), the Waffle House cook, she may not know gourmet food, but she seems to know how to cook and get shit done.

Hahahaha, you noticed that thing on Redhead's chin too? I even said to my wife "What the hell is that? Did she grow a goatee?"

It was sooooo cold when they told Rock to go all the way over to where Ramsey was doing the photo shoot w/the girls just so he could pick up their recyclables... holy cow, I was waitin' for him to just explode...

Unless he blows a blood vessel beforehand, my money's on Rock too. And if he DOES win it, if he's smart, he'll hire Waffle House Girl to be his second in command.

Agree on all points.......and, we too, were wondering what in the hell was on that chicks chin!!! Must have been stress related....!! :lol:

Or testosterone related. She was one scary chick though.

Or testosterone related. She was one scary chick though.

Jersey girls... <_<

Not trying to hijack this thread, but just wondering if anyone also watches ..

Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares:

http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/154/index.jsp

I'm sure the conditions in some of the featured restaurants is probably exaggerated to make Gordon look like a Superman, but it's still enjoyable to watch his interaction with the owners & staff. New season started on BBC America last night.

or

Top Chef:

http://www.bravotv.com/Top_Chef//index.php

Unlike Hell's Kitchen, these are all experienced Chefs trying to one up each other every week. It's brutal to watch some of the poor decisions these people make under pressure (like WTF was the one group thinking when they decided to do the pineapple dessert course? :blink: )

Plus, Sara and Lia are cuties. :)

bio_sara_n.jpg

Sara

bio_lia.jpg

Lia

Not trying to hijack this thread, but just wondering if anyone also watches ..

Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares:

http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/154/index.jsp

I'm sure the conditions in some of the featured restaurants is probably exaggerated to make Gordon look like a Superman, but it's still enjoyable to watch his interaction with the owners & staff. New season started on BBC America last night.

or

Top Chef:

Unlike Hell's Kitchen, these are all experienced Chefs trying to one up each other every week. It's brutal to watch some of the poor decisions these people make under pressure (like WTF was the one group thinking when they decided to do the pineapple dessert course? :blink: )

bio_sara_n.jpg

Sara

bio_lia.jpg

Lia

I love Top Chef....and I think Casey is cut also.

Top Chef:

bio_sara_n.jpg

Sara

bio_lia.jpg

Lia

Bravo was running a marathon of "Top Chef" all afternoon yesterday. I've seen a few random episodes here and there but managed to get more or less caught up thanks to this. Fun stuff, though I think the cooks on this show would wilt if they were forced to work for Chef Ramsay! :lol:

Speaking of Chef Ramsay, who do you think's going South tonight? I'm torn between Olive Oyl and the nanny... but I'm leaning toward the nanny.

I'd hate to see the Nanny go just cuz she's the sole remaining eye candy on the show, but I think her number might be up... it's either her or Olive Oyl I'd say

Speaking of Chef Ramsay, who do you think's going South tonight? I'm torn between Olive Oyl and the nanny... but I'm leaning toward the nanny.

I'd hate to see the Nanny go just cuz she's the sole remaining eye candy on the show, but I think her number might be up... it's either her or Olive Oyl I'd say

And I think Olive Oyl has sort of proven she kinda knows what she's doing, whilst the Nanny sorta whines a lot and gets confused easily... but I agree she is indeed cuter. Have mercy Chef! ;)

And I think Olive Oyl has sort of proven she kinda knows what she's doing, whilst the Nanny sorta whines a lot and gets confused easily... but I agree she is indeed cuter. Have mercy Chef! ;)

Yea, but Olive Oyl still has the "spaghetti out of the garbage" incident hanging over her like the Sword of Damocles. I'm still waiting for that to come back and bite her in the ass...

Yea, but Olive Oyl still has the "spaghetti out of the garbage" incident hanging over her like the Sword of Damocles. I'm still waiting for that to come back and bite her in the ass...

Good point... the suspense is in the air... :unsure:

What I saw tonight was despicable. Crap like what happened on tonights episide is why I hate these shows. I knew Josh was going to get the boot. The poor guy just couldn't do anything right in Chef Ramsey's eyes. It's a shame because he started off as one of the best people there. When he succeeded he got no credit for it, but when he failed he was nailed to the wall. His whole spiral down started when Chef accused him of sabotaging the dinner. From that point on it was over. It was just a weekly dance of him barely escaping the axe. This time he didn't even get put up for a vote, just gone. It's just sad really. I'm not saying the guy was great or anything, but his competition is far from being any better.

The thing that pisses me off most about the whole thing is the fact that the show is so biased. Airhead girl throws away perfect fish and not a word is said. Josh screws up a couple pans of Risotto and he's humiliated. Rock does nothing and always puts the blame on others. He's still there and the girl who's done more than anybody gets kicked off. I just don't get it. I really hope Josh pulls his crap together and gets his own famous restaurant. Then he can give Ramsey the finger. I would after being so royally screwed over. Looks like I won't be watching after this year. This show is a load of crap.

• 3 weeks later...

Last night tonight I believe... my money's on Rock if he can keep his temper in check... although airhead chick does have a creative streak... wildcard...

On another note, I watched "Simply Delicioso" for the first time the other day... and I can't think of a better title for it... yum...

5999_1.jpg

Last night tonight I believe... my money's on Rock if he can keep his temper in check... although airhead chick does have a creative streak... wildcard...

On another note, I watched "Simply Delicioso" for the first time the other day... and I can't think of a better title for it... yum...

5999_1.jpg

I'm rooting for Rock (even tho he can be kind of a dickhead)... I somehow envision Nanny Girl collapsing like a house of cards under the pressure.

And I totally agree with you on the "Delicioso" chick... as another Food Network host would say, "Yumm-O!" :crazy:

5999_1.jpg

I'm rooting for Rock (even tho he can be kind of a dickhead)... I somehow envision Nanny Girl collapsing like a house of cards under the pressure.

And I totally agree with you on the "Delicioso" chick... as another Food Network host would say, "Yumm-O!" :crazy:

I had no idea she was so super hot ...or would that be "muy caliente"? ;)

Yeah, I think Rock's got the (mostly) even temperament to make it happen in the real deal, and the nanny would fall apart... plus Rock is a man, and men are better at just about everything right? :gone:

Yeah, I think Rock's got the (mostly) even temperament to make it happen in the real deal, and the nanny would fall apart... plus Rock is a man, and men are better at just about everything right? :gone:

Not for nuthin' but most of the great chefs of the world are men... so Rock has that in his favor. :tumbsup:

Although the wife and I were watching "Iron Chef America" last night and the challenging chef was a woman... my wife even commented "Gee, you don't see too many woman chefs on these shows." She took on Cat Cora (another exception to the "man chef" rule!) but got whooped...

Not for nuthin' but most of the great chefs of the world are men... so Rock has that in his favor. :tumbsup:

Although the wife and I were watching "Iron Chef America" last night and the challenging chef was a woman... my wife even commented "Gee, you don't see too many woman chefs on these shows." She took on Cat Cora (another exception to the "man chef" rule!) but got whooped...

I actually watched part of that, she wasn't too bad, but I thought Cat had it nailed, she didn't have a chance IMHO.

I actually watched part of that, she wasn't too bad, but I thought Cat had it nailed, she didn't have a chance IMHO.

The Iron Chefs rarely lose!

I gotta say though, the "America" version isn't nearly as much fun as the Japanese one they used to show... it was a weird show anyway, and the way it was dubbed into English just upped the surreal factor. It was like watching a "Godzilla" movie with food in it. :P

I gotta say though, the "America" version isn't nearly as much fun as the Japanese one they used to show... it was a weird show anyway, and the way it was dubbed into English just upped the surreal factor. It was like watching a "Godzilla" movie with food in it. :P

Not to mention, but sometimes you couldn't even tell what the secret ingredient was... :blink: I remember one show with this black and clear gelatinous stuff... mmm, yum-o!

Not to mention, but sometimes you couldn't even tell what the secret ingredient was... :blink: I remember one show with this black and clear gelatinous stuff... mmm, yum-o!

The "Chairman" guy on the Japanese version was way funnier too. He'd crush drinking glasses in his bare hand (and then appear later with a large bandage on his hand), jump around waving samurai swords, and in general act goofy... cracked me up every time... his "nephew" on the American version isn't nearly as much fun to watch. (Although he does get that same crazy gleam in his eye when he yells "ALLEZ CUISINE!")

The "secret ingredients" on the Japanese version were always way more interesting than the American one... maybe to the average Japanese citizen who sees Octopus or Sea Urchins in the store every day of the week, they were no biggie, but to us Yanks stuff like that looks more like our worst food nightmare come to life... :yikes: