Better Guitarist!

Better Guitarist!!  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i also remember somewhere reading vinnie played slowly when recording but then sped it up - if thats true.... shouldnt he be the worst?

Im just picking from the list, if it were my opinion, Eddie Van Halen would be on their, as would Harry Cody.

i also remember somewhere reading vinnie played slowly when recording but then sped it up - if thats true.... shouldnt he be the worst?

Im just picking from the list, if it were my opinion, Eddie Van Halen would be on their, as would Harry Cody.

Yeah, I love Harry Cody. :wub:

I don't believe that Vinnie was THAT fast. Wasn't there a thread here that revealed what he usually does in the studio to sound fast???

Legend has it that his solos were "doctored" in the studio, i.e. that the tapes would be "sped up" so it sounded like he was playing them faster than he actually did. Then he couldn't pull those solos off live to save his life. Dunno how true it is though.

Malmsteen but he is so full of himself he would drink his own bath water.

Malmsteen would swallow his own load!!!! tickle his own rim!!!! If Joe Perry, VanHalen, Bettencourt, Cody, and Malmsteen were all backstage playing Shoot The Cookie, who would win???? Malmsteen wouldnt even hit the cookie, he'd have every last drop sucked up before Perry could bend over!!!!

• 1 year later...

Based purely on technical skill, I would probably have to say Malmsteen, even though I can't stand his egotistical showboating style. But judging solely on who I like best (from this list), I voted for Lynch.