ROCK MALE SINGERS

rock male singers 1  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Freddie Mercury followed closely by James LaBrie.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like Hinder, Britny Fox, Slaughter, Cinderella - all AMAZING bands, but just because they're good bands doesn't mean I can't admit the vocalists are terrible.

Wow! I can't believe what I just read. "Dizzy" Dean and Mark Slaughter are 2 of my favorite vocalists of all time. They are 2 of the people I model my vocal style after. Britny Fox, Slaughter, and Cinderella shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence with words such as Hinder, Chad Kroeger, and bad vocalists. Now that Ted Poley guy on the other hand. I might throw him in with Chad Kroeger and Hinder.

• 1 year later...
Who is Matt harris..the father of Tarzan?

Believe me when I say that you will probably know Matt Harris very well in the near future. If all goes as planned you will see cd release of his old bands material. When you hear it you will be stunned as have all who have heard his voice. Those who have heard his band will probably be able to figure out who I'm talking about. I've only sent demos of the one band to people on this board.

So here we are goin' on two years later... and the question remains unanswered... who the hell is Matt Harris? :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

My choices are :

1) Bruce Dickinson

2) Rob Halford

3) Freddie Mercury, he could easily be either # 1 or # 2, but I put him in the third place considering he is not exclusively a metal vocalist. Great voice though!

I also agree that Mark Free should be mentioned here, as well as Toto's Bobby Kimball.

Came down to Dio and Halford for me, although I dig most on the list. Halford has a huge set of pipes but the fact that Dio has been involved with more projects that I love may give him the edge (Rainbow, Sabbath, solo, etc.)

James LaBrie, easily. I can't stand Dream Theater (their music is the cure for insomnia), but his voice is excellent. He sounded great on that Winter Rose album...too bad he didn't stick to melodic hard rock.

I chose Paul Stanley but Freddie is a very close second.

I believe that Kroeger (Nickelback) is underrated,ok there are other like Rodgers that are better but kroeger is here because Nickelback is one of the groups with more votes in the poll of metal bands.........there are others but there are only 20 options......and if Kroeger is underrated there are others overrateds like Mrs Bon Jovi for example.

Wow dude... I like Nickelback's last album a lot, but dude... you can't seriously call that dude's voice anything other than horrible, fan or not... can you? It's like Hinder, Britny Fox, Slaughter, Cinderella - all AMAZING bands, but just because they're good bands doesn't mean I can't admit the vocalists are terrible. And Nickelback, imo, is 100% worse vocally than all.

Not really a huge fan of any of those guys except the sensational James Labrie. Easily gets my vote.

What - Not ONE????

Sorry mate, don't hate any of them, but I don't like any either... apart from LaBrie. Sorry. :(

James Labrie > Dio, Perry & Mercury. :screwy:

Wow, sometimes you make me wonder mate.

For me Dio crucifies Labrie...with Perry and Mercury a step up again.

Ive never seen Perry (obviously) but can honestly say that Dio and Mercury are the best 2 vocalists ive seen live (and lets be honest here....live is where it counts.....)....and that's out of 100s.

I believe that Kroeger (Nickelback) is underrated,ok there are other like Rodgers that are better but kroeger is here because Nickelback is one of the groups with more votes in the poll of metal bands.........there are others but there are only 20 options......and if Kroeger is underrated there are others overrateds like Mrs Bon Jovi for example.

Wow dude... I like Nickelback's last album a lot, but dude... you can't seriously call that dude's voice anything other than horrible, fan or not... can you? It's like Hinder, Britny Fox, Slaughter, Cinderella - all AMAZING bands, but just because they're good bands doesn't mean I can't admit the vocalists are terrible. And Nickelback, imo, is 100% worse vocally than all.

Not really a huge fan of any of those guys except the sensational James Labrie. Easily gets my vote.

What - Not ONE????

Sorry mate, don't hate any of them, but I don't like any either... apart from LaBrie. Sorry. :(

Honestly, the only album I like from ANY of these vocalists is the Winter Rose disc and I LOVE LaBrie's vocals on that. As Mark said above, I don't like Dream Theatre at all, but the dude has an amazing voice. I don't like any songs from any of those three other guys and their voices have sure as hell never impressed me either. Seriously, it's a really easy and obvious choice for me.

And on another note - as much as I don't like Dio's music and I hate Queen, I would probably rate both vocalists above Perry, even if I prefer Journey to both bands. I actually really dislike Perry's voice. Way too "sweet" for my tastes and I just never ever "got" the appeal of his voice. I think it sucks dog balls. :lol:

Man, like Keith said it's HARD to choose between Rob Halford, RJD, and Bruce Dickinson......

But, in the end I went with.......

Rob Halford by THAT much.. He IS the Metal God!!!! :headbanger:

Bruce and ROnnie are a VERY close second, Hell ask Me tomorrow and My pick will probably change....

Paul Rodgers - Ohhh sorry not there again!!!

Robert Plant

:rofl2: Oh how true about :bowdown: Sir Paul and oh how so true that Robert Plant would be the one from that list :tumbsup:

What - Not ONE????

. As Mark said above, I don't like Dream Theatre at all, but the dude has an amazing voice.

Apart from on the boot of their Number Of The Beast gig when he proves to be just a pale imitation of Bruce Dickinson

:whistle:

As I said, live is where it counts.

Oh how true those words are......Any hack can be made sound good in a studio but only the ones with real class and talent can take that on to a stage.

What - Not ONE????

. As Mark said above, I don't like Dream Theatre at all, but the dude has an amazing voice.

Apart from on the boot of their Number Of The Beast gig when he proves to be just a pale imitation of Bruce Dickinson

:whistle:

I haven't heard any of these guys live, ever. :)

I'm kind of surprised the guy from Tesla (whose name escapes me at the moment) or Sebastian Bach were not included. :headbanger:

No list of male rock singers is complete without Eldon "El Duce" Hoke of the Mentors. Duce pwned them all.

Duce pwned them all.

I wouldn't brag about that... :blink: