Poison or Ratt?

Poison or Ratt?  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It probably also helped that Poison were signed to a label that gave a sh*t about them and pushed them on MTV and radio, whereas KIX were pretty much trapped on the back burner at Atlantic Records for much of their career... even when they did score a few hits on the BLOW MY FUSE album, it was too little too late for'em ...

Very true.... It's ashame. Even today Steve is still bitter with Atlantic. As if KIX shows aren't funny enough... At one of last years reunion shows Steve, while introducing the title track, asked the crowd if they had bought the Hotwire release... Of course just about everyone had. Then Steve said... "if you haven't bought it yet.. DON"T. Get someone to make you a copy... "I don't want those cock suckers at Atlantic records to get anything else from that release, they have enough already." He then said... "If you don't know anyone who had the Hotwire release that he'd make ya a copy himself."

Apparently the guys aren't receiving anything from the sales of the KIX CDs.

Sorry for contributing to the "hijacking" of this thread.... But I'd so much rather talk about KIX then Poison. :blink:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for contributing to the "hijacking" of this thread.... But I'd so much rather talk about KIX then Poison. :blink:

Me too! :blink:

Either way, I still believe with the entirety of my being that if Poison were signed to Atlantic and Kix were on Capitol, the results would have been the same. To each their own, but to me everything about Poison was more commercially accessible than Kix.

Either way, I still believe with the entirety of my being that if Poison were signed to Atlantic and Kix were on Capitol, the results would have been the same. To each their own, but to me everything about Poison was more commercially accessible than Kix.

Yeah... and Poison always did have puffier hair and clothing with lots more sparkles. Unfortunately it isn't always the music that sells.

The lopsided score of this poll strikes me particularly funny cuz Poison and Ratt are touring together around the US this summer. Going by the results here, if everyone on this board attended a Ratt/Poison gig, it seems like a lot of folks would be leaving the arena after Ratt's set!! :rofl2:

The lopsided score of this poll strikes me particularly funny cuz Poison and Ratt are touring together around the US this summer. Going by the results here, if everyone on this board attended a Ratt/Poison gig, it seems like a lot of folks would be leaving the arena after Ratt's set!! :rofl2:

I'm sure the girl friends and wifes will make the guys stay and watch Poison.

I think Poison has a lot of fans in this thread but RATT is favored a little more. It is like asking if you like your girls Blonde or Brown hair. Heck, both are fine but you might prefer one over the other, doesn't mean you don't like the other

Yeah, backed 100%. Just because I vote for one band doesn't mean I dislike the other - I just prefer the one I voted for. Most the polls on this site are very hard decisions and I struggle because I geberally love many of the options. This is sure as hell one of those cases. Just because I voted for Poison doesn't mean I don't want Ratt's babies also.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

LOL... after rereading this thread I think someone should find the Poison vs. KIX poll. :popcorn:

• My Little Pony

LOL... after rereading this thread I think someone should find the Poison vs. KIX poll. :popcorn:

Honestly, I think that might just prove to be a waste of time, considering we all know how that would go down. What the he'll am I talking about? Of course we should dig that up, if such a poll exists.

• My Little Pony

Hey, i don't know if I'd go as far as to say that. I love KIX. They were one of my first favourites, and, although, I agree, they're better than Ratt, they certainly don't make Ratt look stupid.

Maybe someone ought to start a Ratt vs. Kix poll. That would be a very tough choice for me. First thoughts are edge to Kix.

Ratt, hands down. I love Kix as much as the next guy but I'd call them arguably the most over-rated band on this forum, for some strange reason. I don't even know how or why. Damn Dave and his influential ways! ;)

Kix > Ratt >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Poison

Kix > Ratt >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Poison

:lol:

Quality! Don't agree with the Kix bit (I much prefer Ratt) but I'm with you on Poison!