Best Comic Adaption to Movie

Comic To Big Screen  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is Aeon Flux?

Would you like my honest answer to that? sorry bro, I fucking hate Aeon Flux and think it's garbage, I know more people like it then not, but I could never stand it, I should update this though and put on Avengers, Green Lantern, and all the other new ones that have came out since I made this.

I should update this though and put on Avengers, Green Lantern, and all the other new ones that have came out since I made this.

New thread! New thread! :jump:

what about games? i still need to see the new silent hill movie,,,

i dont know they skipped over SH2,, it's plot kicked the crap out of 1 or 3...

It's so complexed how could they adapt SHII into a movie bro? and still have it be good? Ive thought that one over and been pissed many times.

It's so complexed how could they adapt SHII into a movie bro? and still have it be good? Ive thought that one over and been pissed many times.

holy crap i just found THIS. here is your answer

http://youtu.be/hLu50FrAMDs?hd=1

SH2 is also the only game soundtrack i have ripped to the hard drive in my car,, pure awesomeness

Where is Aeon Flux?

Would you like my honest answer to that? sorry bro, I fucking hate Aeon Flux and think it's garbage, I know more people like it then not, but I could never stand it, I should update this though and put on Avengers, Green Lantern, and all the other new ones that have came out since I made this.

Aeon Flux is watchable but bears no relation to the original cartoon.

Avengers Assemble is just pure awesome.

• 4 months later...

Hmm. Well, I think hands-down it is HEAVY METAL the movie!!!!??

But, clearly this poll was before Iron Man. And I must say, Iron Man was a refreshing blast. Before that, I really liked the Spider Man movies, and Batman as well. Of course, the new Batman movies are incredible.

In short, I am happy to see the adaptations coming to life. Just felt the need to spread a little "Heavy Metal" love!!

Wheres "The Crow?" or "Kick Ass"? with whats offered I went with Batman.

This reiterates the need for...

I should update this though and put on Avengers, Green Lantern, and all the other new ones that have came out since I made this.

New thread! New thread! :jump:

:tumbsup:

Why dont you bring us a brand spanking new thread poll for this topic James?? Someone with a vast knowledge of comic and short stories, I have to admit that is not me, I am not an all knowing or even intelligent source to be dropping into a poll of this magnitude, this is a topic taken very very seriously, and I understand you do not represent a certain Comic, or SS, that is well regarded in those circles, you lose your respect towards the topic, so you guys that are incredibly knowledgeable in this field, please, by all means, take this topic, this poll, completely construct a brand new and accurate poll, and let us have it.

I went for Sin City,Batman & Spiderman as the best imo from the list.All the new Batman's are killer as well as 30 Days Of Night,Kick Ass,Thor,the Avengers movies & The Walking Dead & Arrow,i know their TV shows but they deserve a mention.

Why dont you bring us a brand spanking new thread poll for this topic James?? Someone with a vast knowledge of comic and short stories, I have to admit that is not me, I am not an all knowing or even intelligent source to be dropping into a poll of this magnitude, this is a topic taken very very seriously, and I understand you do not represent a certain Comic, or SS, that is well regarded in those circles, you lose your respect towards the topic, so you guys that are incredibly knowledgeable in this field, please, by all means, take this topic, this poll, completely construct a brand new and accurate poll, and let us have it.

My knowledge isn't that extensive either; I would have forgotten about 'The Crow' and 'Kick Ass'. It could be a really huge list, too. All of these mentioned here and I haven't gone back through the thread to see if 'History of Violence' and '300' (for example) have been mentioned, plus probably quite a few I don't know about...

Besides, for me, the best one has been covered. I can't see any comic adaptation beating 'Sin City' in my estimations.

Tank Girl :)

He he.

See? I would definitely have forgotten that one! Don't think it will be inundated with votes, though...

When I have more time (and inclination) I'll try to come up with a definitive list. It won't, of course, be definitive.

He he.

See? I would definitely have forgotten that one! Don't think it will be inundated with votes, though...

When I have more time (and inclination) I'll try to come up with a definitive list. It won't, of course, be definitive.

Make sure to include Judge Dredd, if only so that I can go on and on and on (and on) about how utterly shite it is :)

He he.

Make sure to include Judge Dredd, if only so that I can go on and on and on (and on) about how utterly shite it is :)

So you're undecided about that one?

(BTW, in response to Iced Earth, you might be getting Judge Dredd on DVD for Christmas.... ;))

You know me ... always sitting on the fence :) I'm a big fan of the Judge Dredd character ... Stallone's film was a nonsense ... in much the same way that watching Keanu Reeves playing what was originally a cigarette-smoking, gin-drinking, cynical (blonde) magician had my eyes trying to crawl from my head in protest ...

You know me ... always sitting on the fence :) I'm a big fan of the Judge Dredd character ... Stallone's film was a nonsense ... in much the same way that watching Keanu Reeves playing what was originally a cigarette-smoking, gin-drinking, cynical (blonde) magician had my eyes trying to crawl from my head in protest ...

Keanu Reeves playing anything other than an utter f**wit has my eyes (and brain) trying to crawl from my head in protest!

The latest Dredd film is supposed to be really good. One of my colleagues has, coincidentally, been raving about it this very morning.