Best Comic Adaption to Movie

Comic To Big Screen  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It was one film was it not?

Thus it was several stories combined into a single film.

Watchmen is a single story in a single film, thus a truer adaptation!

depends which version we're talking about....the directors cut was split into 4 seperate films....

When you talk about films, its the one that hits the cinemas by which you judge things!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can you believe that some people actually regard Morello as a better guitarist than Slash?!?! :yikes:

Dude, don't even get me started on Rage Against the Machine... when it came to politically charged rock, Warrior Soul did it 1000x better <_<

You want to hear something funny? google around a little bit, until you can find audio of a band called Downset! they are a hardcore/rap/crossover band that is literally from Compton, and Watts, it,s 3 Mexicans, 1 Aryan, and 1 Black, look for a song called Anger, he straight clowned Zach DeLarocha and Tom Morello the entire 2 hours they played live, on Anger singer says (about or to Zach DeLarocha)

"Im coming straight from the L.A. concrete, true blue motherfucker about four generations deep,

but whos the real motherfucking mole, and what does that fake know about motherfucking south central,

Fool what you know about a set or a sign, fake motherfuckers never even seen a 9", when I catch him slippin punk Im gonna fade ya, cause I cant be down with those ghetto perpatraitors"

I only know who he's talking about from seeing them live, when they dedicated that song to the "Pretty Little Jew Band" and "the band that gives you the point of view from the poor section of upperclass suburbia, they came from the projects where the average income is only $500,000, a year"

can you believe that some people actually regard Morello as a better guitarist than Slash?!?! :yikes:

Dude, don't even get me started on Rage Against the Machine... when it came to politically charged rock, Warrior Soul did it 1000x better <_<

You want to hear something funny? google around a little bit, until you can find audio of a band called Downset! they are a hardcore/rap/crossover band that is literally from Compton, and Watts, it,s 3 Mexicans, 1 Aryan, and 1 Black, look for a song called Anger, he straight clowned Zach DeLarocha and Tom Morello the entire 2 hours they played live, on Anger singer says (about or to Zach DeLarocha)

"Im coming straight from the L.A. concrete, true blue motherfucker about four generations deep,

but whos the real motherfucking mole, and what does that fake know about motherfucking south central,

Fool what you know about a set or a sign, fake motherfuckers never even seen a 9", when I catch him slippin punk Im gonna fade ya, cause I cant be down with those ghetto perpatraitors"

I only know who he's talking about from seeing them live, when they dedicated that song to the "Pretty Little Jew Band" and "the band that gives you the point of view from the poor section of upperclass suburbia, they came from the projects where the average income is only $500,000, a year"

Haven't found the band yet. But, OUCH!

Leykis, I saw Downset live years ago ... they were opening for Testament (?) on the LOW tour in '94. That vocalist wouldn't shut the f**k up between songs. Every lead-in was like "This song is about how a woman in the third world is raped and brutalized every thirty seconds," "this next song is about the multinational corporations who are destroying our world and the people who are too stupid to wake up and realize it," yadda yadda yadda yadda -- if he would've quit making endless speeches they might've had time to add another song to the set. The Testament crowd didn't give a rat's ass about anything the guy was saying, unsurprisingly, so by about halfway thru their set they were getting boo'd pretty unmercifully.

It wasn't till later that I noticed the similarities between them and RATM... both of them were overly political and quite annoying.

Leykis, I saw Downset live years ago ... they were opening for Testament (?) on the LOW tour in '94. That vocalist wouldn't shut the f**k up between songs. Every lead-in was like "This song is about how a woman in the third world is raped and brutalized every thirty seconds," "this next song is about the multinational corporations who are destroying our world and the people who are too stupid to wake up and realize it," yadda yadda yadda yadda -- if he would've quit making endless speeches they might've had time to add another song to the set. The Testament crowd didn't give a rat's ass about anything the guy was saying, unsurprisingly, so by about halfway thru their set they were getting boo'd pretty unmercifully.

It wasn't till later that I noticed the similarities between them and RATM... both of them were overly political and quite annoying.

I always thought Downset was pretty lacking overall. I actually like a lot of RATM's stuff just because it's a got a good groove, militant extremist I am not... but funky grooves and a lot of f bombs, count me in! :woot:

I always thought Downset was pretty lacking overall. I actually like a lot of RATM's stuff just because it's a got a good groove, militant extremist I am not... but funky grooves and a lot of f bombs, count me in! :woot:

RATM definitely made a good noise at times, especially on the first album. I still play that pretty regularly, very loud!!

RATM definitely made a good noise at times, especially on the first album. I still play that pretty regularly, very loud!!

I drive badly when I listen to it myself. :unsure:

• 3 years later...

Sin City was an amazing film and looked just like the comic, so gets my vote. Surely time for a new poll, with all the comic book adaptations released in the last 3 years? (Although I think I'll still be voting for Sin City...)

V For Vendetta, hands down. As an aside, my mate's brother is one of the Fingermen who gets his ass handed to him on a plate in the opening scene ...

Hellboy was good, too ... not such a fan of Batman/Superman ... the first couple of X-Men films were okay, Iron Man was fantastic ...

Um ...

• My Little Pony

Watchmen is one of the tops, so are the new Batman films. Spidey I was good, while II and III sucked hairy tarantula balls. X-Men follows in Spiderman's footsteps. Fantastic Fours both sucked. Iron Man was great, The Hulk was better. V and Sin City were both great. Punisher was fun to watch but not a great movie--I haven't seen the new one, nor do I want to. And I didn't vote for any, 'cause I don't read comics, so I don't know how well the films follow the books. I'm almost done Watchmen.

I've read a comic, now!! Hellboy, but it's not listed up there. While both films were not an adaptation of any book, they definitely paid respect to the series. I originally wasn't a big fan of the Golden Army, but after reading a few trade paperbacks, it's indubitably something that could appear in the Hellboy world.

So, yeah, I still haven't voted.

Kick-Ass, The Crow, 300, Ghost World, Road To Perdition, The Mask, Punisher: Warzone, Watchmen.

But I voted for X-Men, even though I'm really voting for X2, which is still my favorite superhero movie.

Yeah, the sequel was much better than the first one (and the lame third one). Great film. I liked Wolverine, too.

V For Vendetta, hands down. As an aside, my mate's brother is one of the Fingermen who gets his ass handed to him on a plate in the opening scene ...

Hellboy was good, too ... not such a fan of Batman/Superman ... the first couple of X-Men films were okay, Iron Man was fantastic ...

Um ...

Erm ... so you haven't seen Sin City, then? ;)

Um ...

;you know, Sin City was a love or hate movie. lets say I didn't love it

Um ...

Yup. Seen it. Didn't enjoy it.

Um ...

:omg:

Maybe it helps if you've read the books first. Or maybe you just have no taste. ;)

Um ...

Maybe it helps if you've read the books first. Or maybe you just have no taste. ;)

Hm ... a little from Column A, maybe a little from Column B ... :) Sin City was recommended to me by a number of people ... they all raved about it ...

Hm ... a little from Column A, maybe a little from Column B ... :) Sin City was recommended to me by a number of people ... they all raved about it ...

That's because it's really good.

:lol:

I've never read the "Sin City" comic so the movie left me scratchin' my head a lot. Visually it was a trip, it just didn't seem to make a hell of a lot of sense. It gets bonus points for Jessica Alba's half nekkid-ness though. :D

That's because it's really good.

:lol:

Yeah, that's what they all said, too ...

although not a comic,, i want to see how they adapted the new Silent Hill movie from SH3..

and then i want to find out why the F*** they skipped over making a movie from SH2 which had 1000x better plot.

Dude, don't even get me started on Rage Against the Machine... when it came to politically charged rock, Warrior Soul did it 1000x better dry.gif

Listen to the band Downset, 1st song off self titled disc called Anger, they straight put clown shoes on Morello and DeLarocha and then put them on blast hardcore, I never ever heard even 1 single response from it either, they got punked like a bunch of little "rage deep throaters" and couldnt even defend themselves, says alot about a band with such a big mouth and agenda, must be true their "mouth is only big enough to get the whole head of the cock in it" and good for nothing other then that, LOL

Dude, don't even get me started on Rage Against the Machine... when it came to politically charged rock, Warrior Soul did it 1000x better dry.gif

Listen to the band Downset, 1st song off self titled disc called Anger, they straight put clown shoes on Morello and DeLarocha and then put them on blast hardcore, I never ever heard even 1 single response from it either, they got punked like a bunch of little "rage deep throaters" and couldnt even defend themselves, says alot about a band with such a big mouth and agenda, must be true their "mouth is only big enough to get the whole head of the cock in it" and good for nothing other then that, LOL

:offtopic:

;)

Although I do agree with the point about Warrior Soul > Rage Against The Machine.