Best Comic Adaption to Movie

Comic To Big Screen  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sleeping with real women :P

Pffft... suuuuure. Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to discuss the finer points of "Howard the Duck" with the rest of us then, Mr. Stud Horse, sir. :P

Pffft... suuuuure. Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to discuss the finer points of "Howard the Duck" with the rest of us then, Mr. Stud Horse, sir. :P

its a Monday, doncha know that nothing ever hapens on a Monday :P

I hope she gave you good rates! ;)

Half what she charges you :nyanya:

Ah! So you are the '1 stroke Dan' she was going on about.

Ah! So you are the '1 stroke Dan' she was going on about.

precise, and to the point, i dont waste time my friend ;)

Watchmen has got to be the closest anyone has ever come to adapting a comic book almost word for word.

Yeah, they changed the end, but otherwise it was uncannily spot on!

:agree: I've never seen anything follow the original literature anywhere near as closely.

Watchmen has got to be the closest anyone has ever come to adapting a comic book almost word for word.

Yeah, they changed the end, but otherwise it was uncannily spot on!

:agree: I've never seen anything follow the original literature anywhere near as closely.

its pretty tough to beat Sin City for a carbon copy....i mean Sin City was even the same camera angle as the comic!!! i found a website online that compared screenshots of the film to the comic and theyre pretty much exactly the same, is Watchmen really a closer adaption than that?!?!

heres a vid to show what i mean:

and some screenshot comparisons:

http://www.cinematical.com/2005/04/05/the-...arison-library/

oh yeah, and teh script stayed pretty true to the comic aswell, with the exception of a few words changed here and there...

im not dissing Watchmen in any way, i havent seen it or even read the comic yet :anon: just thought id show how good an adaption Sin City is...

now im gonna go and buy Watchmen :P

A whole mess o' Marvel movies comin' over the next couple of years...

Marvel delays "The Avengers", "Thor" releases (Reuters)

: Reuters 4 hours, 6 minutes ago

NEW YORK, March 12, Reuters) - Media company Marvel Entertainment Inc said it had rescheduled the release dates of some of its self-produced feature film properties through 2012.

Under the revised schedule, the release date of the multi-character superhero film " The Avengers " has been postponed by about a year to May 4, 2012, from July 15, 2011.

"Thor", the big-screen adaptation of one of Marvel's popular comic book characters , will now release on June 17, 2011, instead of July 16, 2010, the company said.

"It maximizes the visibility of our single character-focused films, leading to the highly anticipated release of the multi-character 'The Avengers' film in 2012," David Maisel , chairman of Marvel Studios , said in a statement.

The company now plans to release "The First Avenger: Captain America " on July 22, 2011, instead of May 6, 2011.

However, " Iron Man 2 " will be released as scheduled on May 7, 2010, Marvel said.

Marvel also confirmed that Sony Pictures will release " Spider-Man 4 " on May 6, 2011. Marvel has licensed theatrical rights of Spider-Man , its most popular character, to the unit of Sony .

Sin City was not an adaptation of a single storyline, it combined several, whereas Watchmen adapts from a single source!

true enough, but they werent combined so much as compiled...the directors cut included all the cut scenes making it a pretty much exact copy...

as usual, just my $0.02...

It was one film was it not?

Thus it was several stories combined into a single film.

Watchmen is a single story in a single film, thus a truer adaptation!

depends which version we're talking about....the directors cut was split into 4 seperate films....

It was one film was it not?

Thus it was several stories combined into a single film.

Watchmen is a single story in a single film, thus a truer adaptation!

depends which version we're talking about....the directors cut was split into 4 seperate films....

The director's tuna on rye was also split into four separate sections, too. But that's really another story...

A whole mess o' Marvel movies comin' over the next couple of years...

Marvel delays "The Avengers", "Thor" releases (Reuters)

: Reuters 4 hours, 6 minutes ago

NEW YORK, March 12, Reuters) - Media company Marvel Entertainment Inc said it had rescheduled the release dates of some of its self-produced feature film properties through 2012.

Under the revised schedule, the release date of the multi-character superhero film " The Avengers " has been postponed by about a year to May 4, 2012, from July 15, 2011.

"Thor", the big-screen adaptation of one of Marvel's popular comic book characters , will now release on June 17, 2011, instead of July 16, 2010, the company said.

"It maximizes the visibility of our single character-focused films, leading to the highly anticipated release of the multi-character 'The Avengers' film in 2012," David Maisel , chairman of Marvel Studios , said in a statement.

The company now plans to release "The First Avenger: Captain America " on July 22, 2011, instead of May 6, 2011.

However, " Iron Man 2 " will be released as scheduled on May 7, 2010, Marvel said.

Marvel also confirmed that Sony Pictures will release " Spider-Man 4 " on May 6, 2011. Marvel has licensed theatrical rights of Spider-Man , its most popular character, to the unit of Sony .

Man gonna be some GOOD movies coming out in the next couple years.... :tumbsup:

Hopefully Spider Man 4 will be better than part 3..... :whistle:

Backed. Spider-Man 3 was a pretty major disappointment for me... too much going on in that thing. Venom should've been "Spider-Man 4" all by himself, no need to shoehorn his whole story into the last hour of "SM3"

Backed. Spider-Man 3 was a pretty major disappointment for me... too much going on in that thing. Venom should've been "Spider-Man 4" all by himself, no need to shoehorn his whole story into the last hour of "SM3"

True, but SM3 was still better than 80% of the comic based movies out there.

True, but SM3 was still better than 80% of the comic based movies out there.

Not Daredevil... ;)

Hey, I kinda LIKED "Daredevil!" Even tho I would've cast someone other than Ben Affleck in the title role.

Hey, I kinda LIKED "Daredevil!" Even tho I would've cast someone other than Ben Affleck in the title role.

Yea I did too, and wasn't Kingpin white??? Besides that I liked it... Of course My wife says it's the worst movie next to Howard the Duck... I shall be beating Her soon.... :tumbsup:

Yea I did too, and wasn't Kingpin white??? Besides that I liked it... Of course My wife says it's the worst movie next to Howard the Duck... I shall be beating Her soon.... :tumbsup:

If your wife thinks "Daredevil" and "Howard the Duck" are the worst movies, she obviously hasn't seen enough bad movies. There are far, FAR worse films out there. :lol:

If your wife thinks "Daredevil" and "Howard the Duck" are the worst movies, she obviously hasn't seen enough bad movies. There are far, FAR worse films out there. :lol:

Like your wedding video? :whistle: