Best Comic Adaption to Movie

Comic To Big Screen  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got to see the "Iron Man" movie this past weekend and it was quite excellent... probably my fave comic adaptation since "Spider-Man 2" :tumbsup:

I finally got to see the "Iron Man" movie this past weekend and it was quite excellent... probably my fave comic adaptation since "Spider-Man 2" :tumbsup:

i was surprised by it, im not a hueg Marvel fan but i must say that Iron Man and Ghost Rider are both very decent characters :tumbsup:

Daredevil aint bad either.....and i will probably go see the new Wolverine film in may, although im not a huge X-Men fan...

i was surprised by it, im not a hueg Marvel fan but i must say that Iron Man and Ghost Rider are both very decent characters :tumbsup:

Daredevil aint bad either.....and i will probably go see the new Wolverine film in may, although im not a huge X-Men fan...

I was never a big Iron Man guy either... even during my comic geek days, the only time I ever bought an Iron Man ish was if Spider-Man or one of my other fave characters was doing a crossover. Downey Jr. did a fantastic job though, he totally nailed Tony Stark's "likable a**hole" vibe :lol:

Nice to hear some AC/DC and Suicidal Tendencies on the soundtrack too! :banger:

I was never a big Iron Man guy either... even during my comic geek days, the only time I ever bought an Iron Man ish was if Spider-Man or one of my other fave characters was doing a crossover. Downey Jr. did a fantastic job though, he totally nailed Tony Stark's "likable a**hole" vibe :lol:

Nice to hear some AC/DC and Suicidal Tendencies on the soundtrack too! :banger:

the soundtrack was surprisingly awesome considering Tom Morello was involved.....i cant stand that guys playing but the whole "Orchestral/Rock Guitar crossover" thing works for me, i love the part that plays when he escapes at the beginning in the MKI suit...

the soundtrack was surprisingly awesome considering Tom Morello was involved.....i cant stand that guys playing but the whole "Orchestral/Rock Guitar crossover" thing works for me, i love the part that plays when he escapes at the beginning in the MKI suit...

Supposedly Morello has a cameo in the movie somewhere as a security guard, but if that's true, I didn't catch him. Hopefully he was one of the guys who got crushed by Obadiah Stane when he was in the "Iron Monger" suit. :lol:

Supposedly Morello has a cameo in the movie somewhere as a security guard, but if that's true, I didn't catch him. Hopefully he was one of the guys who got crushed by Obadiah Stane when he was in the "Iron Monger" suit. :lol:

i didnt see him either :P

can you believe that some people actually regard Morello as a better guitarist than Slash?!?! :yikes:

can you believe that some people actually regard Morello as a better guitarist than Slash?!?! :yikes:

Dude, don't even get me started on Rage Against the Machine... when it came to politically charged rock, Warrior Soul did it 1000x better <_<

From the list, I went with Sin City, but far and away my favorite comic-to-film adaptation is The Crow. Can't believe they're already looking to remake it; Brandon Lee's performance was iconic and Alex Proyas' direction was impossible to top, perfectly capturing the darkness, rage, romance, and retribution of the graphic novel.

From the list, I went with Sin City, but far and away my favorite comic-to-film adaptation is The Crow. Can't believe they're already looking to remake it; Brandon Lee's performance was iconic and Alex Proyas' direction was impossible to top, perfectly capturing the darkness, rage, romance, and retribution of the graphic novel.

Totally agree with you on The Crow and Brandon Lee's performance. :tumbsup:

Love the first 3 Superman films. :tumbsup:

Batman with Keaton and Nicholson was very good as was Batman Begins :tumbsup:

Spiderman 1-3 are excellent :tumbsup:

The Fantastic Four I enjoyed, probably my favourite comic as a kid :tumbsup:

Although I'm a big DC Comics fan, I hated the treatment of Batman done in the Keaton/Kilmer/Clooney movies. Buffoonish and stupid...Batman Returns and Dark Knight were great, but on balance, the Batman movies are so/so.

And I like Superman (the character), but making him a deadbeat dad is the most asinine plot device in the history of film. What's next? A movie about Captain Marvel molesting livestock?

So I voted for Spiderman because the plots were all pretty compelling and the films were faithful to the spirit of the comic and characters. And because Iron Man hadn't come out before this poll was put up... :)

I'm really looking forward to Watchmen as it was one of my favorite GNs. Hopefully, they don't screw it up.

(And it would be REALLY cool if someone could turn Crisis On Infinite Earths into a film or mini-series. Now that would be awesome.) :headbanger:

• My Little Pony

Watchmen is one of the tops, so are the new Batman films. Spidey I was good, while II and III sucked hairy tarantula balls. X-Men follows in Spiderman's footsteps. Fantastic Fours both sucked. Iron Man was great, The Hulk was better. V and Sin City were both great. Punisher was fun to watch but not a great movie--I haven't seen the new one, nor do I want to. And I didn't vote for any, 'cause I don't read comics, so I don't know how well the films follow the books. I'm almost done Watchmen.

I completely agree about The Crow.. Leave it the FUCK alone!!! I LOVED that movie!! I wasted 2 hours of My life watching the sequel though.. God it sucked.....

And hey where's Howard the Duck anyways?? That was a comic, yes?? It is released on DVD tomorrow, and I AM Buying it!!!! :tumbsup:

And hey where's Howard the Duck anyways?? That was a comic, yes?? It is released on DVD tomorrow, and I AM Buying it!!!! :tumbsup:

"Howard" was a comic adaptation in name only. The original comic book was nothing like the film. The comic book was dark, satirical, subversive, and not for kiddies. Whereas the movie was a neon-colored, candy coated, mega-budget time capsule of everything that was wrong about the mid-1980s. :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I like both versions but I can only imagine what the movie could've been if they'd been more faithful to the original source. Simply sticking a midget in a duck suit and telling him to talk like a stand up comic while stuff blew up all around him was probably not the best way to go about it. :blink:

P.S. Stoked that it's finally coming out on DVD either way! :tumbsup:

"Howard" was a comic adaptation in name only. The original comic book was nothing like the film. The comic book was dark, satirical, subversive, and not for kiddies. Whereas the movie was a neon-colored, candy coated, mega-budget time capsule of everything that was wrong about the mid-1980s. :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I like both versions but I can only imagine what the movie could've been if they'd been more faithful to the original source. Simply sticking a midget in a duck suit and telling him to talk like a stand up comic while stuff blew up all around him was probably not the best way to go about it. :blink:

There was NOTHING wrong with the mid-1980s, I demand you take that back. ;)

dont forget the movie featured both Lea Thompson and Holly Robinson!!

i cant believe you didnt mention that!!!!

I believe I've mentioned on many occasions around here that my lifelong crush on Ms. Thompson can be traced directly to her appearance in "Howard the Duck," so I didn't think it was necessary to repeat myself... :whistle:

There was NOTHING wrong with the mid-1980s, I demand you take that back. :)

Ahem...Skinny ties? The Yugo? People wearing boat shoes without socks? Neon color on EVERYTHING? Swatch watches? Madonna wanna-be's? The TV series "Small Wonder?"

The jury rests, your honor. :)

There was NOTHING wrong with the mid-1980s, I demand you take that back. ;)

Leg-Warmers.

I believe I've mentioned on many occasions around here that my lifelong crush on Ms. Thompson can be traced directly to her appearance in "Howard the Duck," so I didn't think it was necessary to repeat myself... :whistle:

goes back to Back To The Future and Space Camp for me :P

She was hotter in "H.T.D." than she was in Back to the Future. I think it was the spandex rocker outfits and the f*ck me boots. Plus, you got to see her in her undies when she tried to seduce the Duck! :yikes:

On a related note, Lea Thompson must be bulletproof. Her acting career survived not one, but two totally massive box office bombs in the same year -- "Space Camp" and "Howard." Hail Lea! :bowdown:

She was hotter in "H.T.D." than she was in Back to the Future. I think it was the spandex rocker outfits and the f*ck me boots. Plus, you got to see her in her undies when she tried to seduce the Duck! :yikes:

On a related note, Lea Thompson must be bulletproof. Her acting career survived not one, but two totally massive box office bombs in the same year -- "Space Camp" and "Howard." Hail Lea! :bowdown:

i confess that i havent seen HTD :(

but i will now!!

i confess that i havent seen HTD :(

but i will now!!

It's been available on DVD on your side of the ocean for over a year now -- where ya been? :blink: