CD's that have been BOOTLEGGED 4/5/2007

Slightly off topic here but I just noticed that 'metalmayhemmusic' is no longer registered on Ebay?? Wonder what happened?? Hopefully he will be back since I for one buy from him on a regular basis and am quite happy with the quality of his releases...although I have not picked up the mentioned Keel cd from him....

Slightly off topic here but I just noticed that 'metalmayhemmusic' is no longer registered on Ebay?? Wonder what happened?? Hopefully he will be back since I for one buy from him on a regular basis and am quite happy with the quality of his releases...although I have not picked up the mentioned Keel cd from him....

He sold several items as recently as this morning, so this may be a temporary thing??

Tim , just know that whenever you buy a Metal Mayhem release - the artist isn't getting paid.

Amazing how that works eh?

:lol: :lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

He didn't retain the rights. He agreed to boot it with Ryan. The following 2 albums are a different story. Ron got back the rights to The Final Frontier and the Self-titled albums in 1993 - those albums will be re-issued shortly.

No, no...leave those gems alone let's not drag any more great disc's into this boot infestation crap.

What? I just said that The Final Frontier and the Keel self-titled albums are now owned by Ron and Retrospect Records will be re-releasing those bad boys shortly. No boots here.

That's good, I wasn't clear if you or someone else was going to re-issue them.

He sold several items as recently as this morning, so this may be a temporary thing??

I'm sure it must be. Although I've never sold on Ebay am not familiar with its rules, I have seen many sellers get kicked off by the Ebay police only to return a short time later.

For those who may find metalmayhem's situation amusing you may want to remember that "what goes round comes round".... B)

Tim , just know that whenever you buy a Metal Mayhem release - the artist isn't getting paid.

Sam, is this the way it is with ALL his artists? Or are you just more familiar with the Ron Keel situation?

I have bought numerous CDs from MetalMayhem, although not nearly the number I have purchased through vegascds and RR.

Sam, any additional tracks going on the two Keel re-issues?

Sam, is this the way it is with ALL his artists? Or are you just more familiar with the Ron Keel situation?

I have bought numerous CDs from MetalMayhem, although not nearly the number I have purchased through vegascds and RR.

Sam, any additional tracks going on the two Keel re-issues?

Very likely brand new tracks from Keel as bonus tracks!!

I haven't heard one artist on the Metal Mayhem roster once say they were happy with his business practices and I have talked to at least a dozen. If you want emails for the artists I'll be glad to share them to prove I am not making shit up.

Always read descriptions before buying and ask questions if you are not sure.

If your looking for "JUST THE MUSIC" Great! If you are looking for an ORIGINAL don't be fooled

As stated on this site in the past

The following labels are ALL BOOTS

Hot Metal

Forgotten Metal

Rock-It

Time Warp

Old Metal (all the "Re-Issues" are, the New bands are not)

Mosh-It

Re-Born Klassics

If you see CD's that are 2on1 or 3on1 More then likely they are boots

Hey John , I know you are one-dimensional but at least try to do your homework thoroughly...

SG Records (Ryan's boot label)

Forgotten Gems (Australian label - either ran by Ryan or King Fowley or both)

Burrrn (Japanese boot label)

Japan Rock Re-issues (another Japanese boot label)

One Dimensional??? Someday you'll see this really has NOTHING to do with you.

I never said that was all of them and I asked others to post here to help

But You seem to be the only one who will. Who would have thought. THANK YOU

I thought that was a better post then listing all your new (rock-it & time warp)auctions that just take too much time.

How was Dave Weber's? Could you actually get your foot in the front door these days? Hahaha

Ask King if I am One-Dimensaional or Omid hahaha Or any of the other old-timers

Roxcalibur Records

Racer Records

American Legend

Sam, I dont think people have problem with your label and the tons of legit releases you have on it by itself. The problem is that the people know Sam the RR owner is Sam vegascds on eBay. And as far as you keep mixing legit and illegal stuff on eBay they will keep questioning the integrity of your releases. That's for certain and you have either to change it, or to learn to live with it.

Cant you see it?

I wonder if Sam is a motorcyle club, Sam MC :)

just kidding Sam :)

The Lorraine cd looks cool!!

• 2 weeks later...

Exciter - Heavy Metal Maniac

Exciter - Long Live The Loud

Aggression - The Full Treatment

Wild Dogs - Man's Best Friend

Wild Dogs - Reign of Terror

Cities - Annihilation Absolute

Witch Cross - Fit For Fight

Q5 - Steel the Light

Iron Angel - Winds of War

Sorcery - Stunt Rock

Blessed Death-Kill or Be Killed/Destined for Extinction

Xcursion - Ready to roll

• 2 weeks later...
Exciter - Heavy Metal Maniac

Exciter - Long Live The Loud

Aggression - The Full Treatment

Wild Dogs - Man's Best Friend

Wild Dogs - Reign of Terror

Cities - Annihilation Absolute

Witch Cross - Fit For Fight

Q5 - Steel the Light

Iron Angel - Winds of War

Sorcery - Stunt Rock

Blessed Death-Kill or Be Killed/Destined for Extinction

Xcursion - Ready to roll

I dont really understand this post from the start, IF you think its a bootleg then it probably is! Then dont buy it, nobody is forcing anyone to bid on anything. Surely if your a collector you would know the difference between a boot and the original, Anyway, EBAY just doesnt care, yea , they can pull off a few boots but there are 100 more to take their place. Yes, bootlegs do hurt the former artists money wise which is a shame,but these artists that are being bootlegged need to do their homework get their old stuff rereleased somehow. The bottom line is LISTING FEES for ebay. This seller named HAWK257 from Greece is selling boots big time,but has EBAY took him off?,,,,hell no,he is making them good money.. Take a look at some of his titles he is selling, I never find those titles anywhere. I just think listing all these bootlegs is a mute point.

I feel the point to this thread is for the newbies getting into collecting..

to let them know which ones are boots..cause there are people selling

them as originals for $$$ and ripping people off...so for that I think it's

a good topic...I know I have learned a few things from it...I guess when

it starts hitting too close to home for some,that's when tempers

flare....IMO...

The point to this thread is not to convince anyone to buy or not to buy, but simply to keep informed the people which do care what they buy. If it is a mute point of no importance to you, just dont look here

• 1 year later...

"New" blood from the Land of Gods

Blacksmith - Blacksmith / Fire from Within

Deaf Dealer - Keeper Of The Flame + Unreleased Album

Defiance - Void Terra Firma

Drive - Characters In Time

Escape (Ger) - Escape

Heathen - Victims Of Deception (Comes With OBI+Lyrics Poster!)

High Power - Les Violons De Satan

Lazarus Sin - Intracranial Mass

Letter X - Born Into Darkness

Lillian Axe - Psychoschizophrenia

Lillian Axe - Poetic Justice

Lillian Axe - S/t (comes with OBI!)

Only Child - S/t

Paganini - Detox

Parish - Envision

Protector - A Shedding Of Skin

Rigor Mortis - Freaks

Sacred Warrior - Master's Command

Sacred Warrior - Wicked Generation

Seventh Seal - Messengers Of Love (Not Retroactive Records re-issue!)

Steel Angel - Kiss of Steel / And the Angels were made of Steel

Treat - Organized Crime

Treat - Muscle In Motion

Treat - Scratch And Bite (comes with OBI!)

Witchhammer - 1487

World War III - S/t

some more stuff :

220 VOLT - 220 VOLT JAPAN OBI

BLIND ILLUTION - THE SANE ASYLUM

CONCEPTION - THE LAST SUNSET

CLIENTELLE - DESTINATION UKNOWN

CRYSTAVOX -SAME

DARK QUARTERER - SAME

DEUCE -DEUCE

FAITHFUL BREATH - GOLD N GLORY

GRIM REAPER - SEE YOU IN HELL + OBI

GRIM REAPER - FEAR NO EVIL + OBI

HEIR APPARENT - ONE SMALL VOICE+1 BONUS TRACK

HEIR APPARENT - GRACEFUL INHERITANCE

HITTMAN - SAME

KRYST THE CONQUEROR - DELIVER US +STICKER

LOOSELY TIGHT - FIGHTIN SOCIETY

LIONHEART - HOT TONIGHT OBI JAPAN

MARSHALL LAW -SAME + OBI

MARSHALL LAW - POWER GAME + OBI

MASTERS OF REALITY - BLUE GARDEN OBI JAPAN

PANTERA - IAM THE NIGHT

PANTERA - PROJECTS IN THE JUNGLE

PRAYING MANTIS - PREDATOR IN DISGUISE +OBI

PRAYING MANTIS - TIME TELL NO LIES +OBI

PURGATORY - TIED TO THE TRAX

RANKELSON - THE BASTARDS OF ROCK N ROLL

SACRED REICH- IGNORANCE

SAINT VITUS - SAME

SAINT VITUS - DIE HEALING

SATAN'S HOST - METAL FROM HELL

THE OBSSESED - SAME

TYTON - MIND OVER METAL

VICIOUS RUMOURS - SAME

VICIOUS RUMOURS - SOLDIERS OF THE NIGHT

VIOLENCE - OPRESSING THE MASSES

VIPER - SOLDIERS OF SUNRISE

VOLTZ - KNIGHTS FALL

XENTRIX - KIN

Now about bootlegs. It is a HUGE waste of time. There are not only Greek sellers like lastempire, KYBAL (ex-akisbal) on ebay but also Germans, Americans etc.. The point is really the listing fees? Or SO many idiots out there paying a lot of $$$ for a bootleg AND after that saying also a big thank you!! They are selling bootlegs and they have 100% feedback! WTF? The problem is that bootlegers doin' a PERFECT job nowadays even with similar matrix numbers & it's a difficult job to identify the original. The new trick is listing 30 bootlegs, 2 originals (not rare) & 10 lps.

DON'T FEED THE BOOTLEGGERS!

Glockose can you possibly find any other seller to retrieve your little list from? I think not.

There are hundreds of sellers out there selling boots but you take your list from one.

Get a life dude , and thanks for the advertisement.

Now , next...

Keel has not received ONE royalty check from Metal Mayhem for ANY of his releases and I have coaxed him into posting about this here at HH very soon. The Right To Rock WAS initally sanctioned by Ron but since he has not received a dime from Ryan since 2000 - IT IS A BOOT. It is a FACT that Ryan has sold 5000+ units of The Right To Rock. Who got fucked here?

OH SHOCK - THE HORROR?!?!?! Ryan booting cd's???? PLEASE PEOPLE , this guy has been booting cd's since 1996 and not one of you has said SQUAT about him. Or maybe you didn't know how the Lorraine cd got booted so that the 'anal collectors' could line his pockets for $600+ per disc??

Unbelievable. The guy you have worshipped is a common thief. DO YOUR HOMEWORK.

I purchased my copy of M.M.'s version of RIGHT TO ROCK at a KEEL concert. In the front row I showed it to RON and he shook my hand because I purchased a copy.

My M.M. copy IS NOT A BOOTLEG!!!