CD's that have been BOOTLEGGED 4/5/2007

Here is another Time Warp Records bootleg for the 'Crazy eBay Buyers' file. This one is selling for loads now.

But... What makes this one even more pathetic? The fact that it is one bootleg label screwing another bootleg company, that being EverPop. :screwy:

'Fun' Barcode Fact: This CD actually has the barcode from a CD by the band CARNIVORA titled 'Judas' from 2004 and it is taken from a sub-label of the Norway record label Voices Music & Entertainment.

Erogeny 'Fountain of Youth'

• 1 month later...

I have THE RUNAWAYS-QUEENS OF NOISE c.d., but it's on a label called P.E.G. recordings.

Can someone tell me if it's a boot?

I think Pendulum Entertainment Group was legit. But do not think they are around in this day. :blink:

I have THE RUNAWAYS-QUEENS OF NOISE c.d., but it's on a label called P.E.G. recordings.

I think Pendulum Entertainment Group was legit. But do not think they are around in this day. :blink:

Thanx Suicide! :tumbsup:

I purchased it a few years ago..

I only learned yesterday that my JEFF PARIS - "Race to Paradise" CD is a bootleg. A very good one I should mention, but still a bootleg. On the spine it says Mercury Records 826 648-2. Apparently this one was never issued on CD, but is on Rock Candy's to-do list.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys,

Do you know if Shy's Misspent Youth has been booted recently? I just got my copy and I don't think it's legit. It's the pressing with the stars on the left, the printing smells new and there is no bar code.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I just want to clarify that ROKO - S/T was never re-released by Polydor or any other label. In fact that 90 percent of the copies out there for sale are Greek boots the matrix on the inner ring of the CD just says ROKO. The reason I ask I recently purchased this boot on Amazon (which has never happened to me before) and it was a Greek boot. I told the seller about it and he said he would quit selling them if they in fact are boots. Meanwhile I did purchase a legit copy but paid five times more for it.

Thanks

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a c.d. yesterday which I believe to be a bootleg..

I kinda knew it, but for $2.00, the only one making the money off me was the record store..

THE ROCKETS-THE ROCKETS on ARCHIVE records. No bar-code and on a blue tinted cdr. The disc actually says (ORIGINALLY MANUFACTURED & MARKETED BY RSO RECORDS).

The album # is 002-A. Recording O.K. and it doesn't sound like it was taken from the album :tumbsup: .

Does anybody have any info on this release or label?

• 3 weeks later...

Nowadays I've seen around my country some KISS Mini-LP CDs (carboard sleeve w/obi) issued by a label called "Snow Records" As far as I can see from this page http://snowrecords.blogspot.com/2009/03/new-arrivals-316.html there are also a lot of titles. Is this a legit label? Are them bootlegs?

Thanx Suicide! :tumbsup:

I purchased it a few years ago..

I know I am a bit late on this one... But The Runaways CD that you have is legit. Briefly there was a label called "Bomb Sessions Records" that was selling this CD as a bootleg. They were quickly sued and I haven't heard of them since.

Hey guys,

Do you know if Shy's Misspent Youth has been booted recently? I just got my copy and I don't think it's legit. It's the pressing with the stars on the left, the printing smells new and there is no bar code.

My copy doesn't have the stars but it does have a bar code and looks very old so don't think my copy is a boot so I'm not much help on this one.

• 1 year later...

today i was at flea market here in Moscow and i saw that canadian Pretty Boy Floyd with their famous Cd Bullet & Lipstick also have been booted among others.

Also i saw boot of Helter Skelter (Germany), Alien (full discography), Briar - Crown of Thorns, both rare Urgent Cds - Thinking Out Loud and Cast Thge First Stone, Brighton Rock (all 3 regular Cds), Stream - Take It or Leave It, Love Child - St, Aviator - St, Atlantic - Power, Salty Dog, Paul Dean - Hard Core etc...

there's a lot new stuff pressed every week, I think the hundreds of bands every year.

today i was at flea market here in Moscow and i saw that canadian Pretty Boy Floyd with their famous Cd Bullet & Lipstick also have been booted among others.

Also i saw boot of Helter Skelter (Germany), Alien (full discography), Briar - Crown of Thorns, both rare Urgent Cds - Thinking Out Loud and Cast Thge First Stone, Brighton Rock (all 3 regular Cds), Stream - Take It or Leave It, Love Child - St, Aviator - St, Atlantic - Power, Salty Dog, Paul Dean - Hard Core etc...

there's a lot new stuff pressed every week, I think the hundreds of bands every year.

All these CDs, including the Pretty Boy Floyd one, showed up on the Azintex site last week. Absolutely stoked about the PBF one. Ordered it quicker than I'd had the chance to open the email.

Imagine trying to update this thread now? :lol: Just send a link to the main page of this site and say that there is all the CDs that have been bootlegged. ;)

this is killing collecting!

Not my CD collecting. ;)

Honestly mate, to each their own. All I can say from my side is that I am so happy to pay $10 for a CD that looks and sounds like the original, rather than pay... what does this go for? Let's say something ridiculous like $100-$200 for an original... which is still going to look and sound exactly like the one I have.

I know it's not cool and a legit re-issue which benefits the artist would be preferrable, but let's face it - this CD is pretty much impossible to find, expensive or not. So I lap up this boot.

End of the day, paying $700 for a 2nd hand copy doesn't benefit the artist anyway... just destroys your bank account purely for the knowledge that you yourself has an original CD.

Not my CD collecting. ;)

Honestly mate, to each their own. All I can say from my side is that I am so happy to pay $10 for a CD that looks and sounds like the original, rather than pay... what does this go for? Let's say something ridiculous like $100-$200 for an original... which is still going to look and sound exactly like the one I have.

I know it's not cool and a legit re-issue which benefits the artist would be preferrable, but let's face it - this CD is pretty much impossible to find, expensive or not. So I lap up this boot.

End of the day, paying $700 for a 2nd hand copy doesn't benefit the artist anyway... just destroys your bank account purely for the knowledge that you yourself has an original CD.

yeah, i can see your point.... but it's all about the thrill of the chase. and when you know it's a fake having it doesn't quite seem the same. and how many people will get caught out paying big bucks for a fake?

why have the original mona lisa when you can hang a poster on your wall.

in fact, sell your wifes diamond and replace it with a cubic zerconia (or whatever the fakes are called).

i see the even have stuff liek the enw crashdiet on there... why aren't labels doing aything to stop it?

i'd much rather be paying $10 for an offical re-issue.

Not my CD collecting. ;)

yeah, i can see your point.... but it's all about the thrill of the chase. and when you know it's a fake having it doesn't quite seem the same. and how many people will get caught out paying big bucks for a fake?

in fact, sell your wifes diamond and replace it with a cubic zerconia (or whatever the fakes are called).

i see the even have stuff liek the enw crashdiet on there... why aren't labels doing aything to stop it?

The chase irritates and bores me. ;) Seriously, I've had CDs on my want list for that long that there is no fun at all in not having them and waiting for that day that never comes when I finally pick it up for cheap, or in a good trade. I'd rather just have the CD.

I'd take a poster over the Mona Lisa any day.

Mate, if my wife was happy with it, I'd buy her the world in cubic zerconia. :lol:

I'm just that kind of dude (who said cheap?). Give me a Ford Wagon I can throw my surfboard in and drive down to the beach over some wank Ferrari or something so I can drive around the streets of Sydney doing 50km.

Valuable shit never has and never will impress me just because it's valuable. If an imitation is just as good but 1/100th of the price, give me that every single time. :)

Not my CD collecting. ;)

The chase irritates and bores me. ;) Seriously, I've had CDs on my want list for that long that there is no fun at all in not having them and waiting for that day that never comes when I finally pick it up for cheap, or in a good trade. I'd rather just have the CD.

Mate, if my wife was happy with it, I'd buy her the world in cubic zerconia. :lol:

I'm just that kind of dude (who said cheap?). Give me a Ford Wagon I can throw my surfboard in and drive down to the beach over some wank Ferrari or something so I can drive around the streets of Sydney doing 50km.

Valuable shit never has and never will impress me just because it's valuable. If an imitation is just as good but 1/100th of the price, give me that every single time. :)

I'll admit, I may have picked up a few boots as well, just because the quality is fantastic (when people on this board are having troubles telling the real one from the fake that's a pretty good indication of what kind of quality is being released) and there are no reissues available of the cd's I am purchasing. Like Geoff said, how am I helping an artist when the artist isn't helping me by making reissues of these hard to find releases available for purchase? If they were I would buy them. But they aren't so I am not going to drop a ton on coin on a piece of circular plastic and a couple paper inserts. The joys of collecting and finding the rare items have long passed for me. I used to hit it big all the time, now going to the used cd stores and pawn shops are just a waste of my time. At least I can now get a copy of an album I never would have dreamed of ever owning for a good price.

Not my CD collecting. ;)

I'll admit, I may have picked up a few boots as well, just because the quality is fantastic (when people on this board are having troubles telling the real one from the fake that's a pretty good indication of what kind of quality is being released) and there are no reissues available of the cd's I am purchasing. Like Geoff said, how am I helping an artist when the artist isn't helping me by making reissues of these hard to find releases available for purchase? If they were I would buy them. But they aren't so I am not going to drop a ton on coin on a piece of circular plastic and a couple paper inserts. The joys of collecting and finding the rare items have long passed for me. I used to hit it big all the time, now going to the used cd stores and pawn shops are just a waste of my time. At least I can now get a copy of an album I never would have dreamed of ever owning for a good price.

If that's the case why bother to line the pocket of these bootleggers and just download the music and artwork scans off the internet??? We know there are zillions of places to do that and what makes the cdr and printed artwork you make any different than the one you buy from said bootlegger?

And of course for us cheapies at heart a spindle of cdr's is less than the cost of 1 bootlegged cd?

Just saying.

Not my CD collecting. ;)

If that's the case why bother to line the pocket of these bootleggers and just download the music and artwork scans off the internet??? We know there are zillions of places to do that and what makes the cdr and printed artwork you make any different than the one you buy from said bootlegger?

And of course for us cheapies at heart a spindle of cdr's is less than the cost of 1 bootlegged cd?

Just saying.

Not my CD collecting. ;)

Just saying.

You and I both know a cd-r with home-made printed scans of the artwork is not going to look like the real deal. The stuff coming out of the east absolutely does. And again, I am only lining the pocket of a bootlegger because the real deal is not available anywhere unless I want to spend $50-$100-$200+ on the item...and hope and pray what I'm getting is the real deal. If I wasn't happy with the quality of the items I definitely would not be purchasing them. And everyone is going to have their own opinion on the subject and these are just my thoughts.

Not my CD collecting. ;)

Just saying.

You and I both know a cd-r with home-made printed scans of the artwork is not going to look like the real deal. The stuff coming out of the east absolutely does. And again, I am only lining the pocket of a bootlegger because the real deal is not available anywhere unless I want to spend $50-$100-$200+ on the item...and hope and pray what I'm getting is the real deal. If I wasn't happy with the quality of the items I definitely would not be purchasing them. And everyone is going to have their own opinion on the subject and these are just my thoughts.

Yep, totally agree with Rick.

It takes me 5 minutes to look through the list of CDs I want to buy, put them in my inbasket, check out and pay. For those 5 minutes I get silver pressed CDs with artwork that is all a replica of the original CD... so much so, that as Rick says, even you experts are having a few hassles trying to tell the difference. :) And that all costs me somewhere between $5-$10 per CD. And the $10 ones aren't many in number, yet.

Compare that with the hassle of finding the artwork, using my own shitty paper and printing and cutting it out, trying to print a sticker to put on a 1 cent CDR - the time effort and hassle. For me there is not even a close comparison to what I would prefer. At home I barely have a moment to scratch my nuts and going through all this hassle (which I have never bothered with in my entire life, even at the prime of my CDR collecting) is not even an option for me.

Let someone else do it all for me with 100% better results for a reasonable price. Sounds good to me. :)