CD's that have been BOOTLEGGED 4/5/2007

I was one of the victims from that boob belzond for Dirty Looks. The disc has no BAR CODE and has minimal numbers and letters on the inner ring. I was wondering why this went so cheap, now I know.

FUCK!!!! So now I have to track this one down all over again.

I reported this to Evilbay and they did nothing to this guy imagine that.

I want to say Uncle Sax came to my rescue and sold me a legit copy of Turn The Screw for a very reasonable price. All I've got to say is John is one of the best sellers I've EVER dealt with. Thanks again you da man.

I was one of the victims from that boob belzond for Dirty Looks. The disc has no BAR CODE and has minimal numbers and letters on the inner ring. I was wondering why this went so cheap, now I know.

I want to say Uncle Sax came to my rescue and sold me a legit copy of Turn The Screw for a very reasonable price. All I've got to say is John is one of the best sellers I've EVER dealt with. Thanks again you da man.

Glad to see you got the real deal but I hate to read you got f#@ked from that other guy.

I was wondering what happened when I saw your post in your collection thread.

Glad to see you got the real deal but I hate to read you got f#@ked from that other guy.

I was wondering what happened when I saw your post in your collection thread.

Thanks Wes, just stay away from this disc on Bootlegbay since they don't do a fucking thing to prevent these types of things. Get if from someone on the board or maybe Amazon.

• 3 weeks later...

I went to my second home yesterday (VINTAGE VINYL) and noticed that all the SUZI QUATRO'S albums were reissued. While I did this in in the aisle :banana: , I didn't notice the russian print in the back. I just assumed that B.G.O. reissued them once again.

I can't believe a big record store would sell boots.

I went to my second home yesterday (VINTAGE VINYL) and noticed that all the SUZI QUATRO'S albums were reissued. While I did this in in the aisle :banana: , I didn't notice the russian print in the back. I just assumed that B.G.O. reissued them once again.

I can't believe a big record store would sell boots.

Dude, if I had a nickel for all the vinyl bootlegs I used to see at Vintage Vinyl back in the day I'd be a rich man. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
I went back there friday night and noticed all the SLADE reissues from the same label.

Last time I was in Vintage Vinyl (maybe 2 years ago now, I don't remember exactly) I saw White Lion's FIGHT TO SURVIVE on CD there. I was like "Woo, I didn't know this had been reissued!" -- took a closer look and there was no record label name on it, no bar code, and the printing on the covers (front and back) looked fuzzy. For all I know it could've been some weird imported thing and it may be legal in whatever country it came from, but it looked fishy to me so I left it.

Although since then my cassette of that particular title has crapped out so I kinda wish I'd picked it up anyway. :doh:

I went back there friday night and noticed all the SLADE reissues from the same label.

Last time I was in Vintage Vinyl (maybe 2 years ago now, I don't remember exactly) I saw White Lion's FIGHT TO SURVIVE on CD there. I was like "Woo, I didn't know this had been reissued!" -- took a closer look and there was no record label name on it, no bar code, and the printing on the covers (front and back) looked fuzzy. For all I know it could've been some weird imported thing and it may be legal in whatever country it came from, but it looked fishy to me so I left it.

Although since then my cassette of that particular title has crapped out so I kinda wish I'd picked it up anyway. :doh:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=290313838840 :bowdown:

• 2 weeks later...

I have the new list of cds that have been bootlegged recently

Vixen – St

Vixen – Rev It Up

LA Guns – St (booted from jap edition)

LA Guna – Cocked & Looaded (from jap edition)

LA Guns – Vicious Circle (from jap edition)

China – St

China – Sign in The Sky

China – Go All The Way

China – Natural Groove

220 Volt – St (from jap edition)

220 Volt – Eye to Eye (from jap edition)

220 Volt – Lethal Illusion

Steelheart – Tangled in Reins

Steelheart – Good 2 b Alive

Cowboy Prostitutes – Swingin at the Fences

and some Night Ranger albums

I have the new list of cds that have been bootlegged recently

Vixen – St

Vixen – Rev It Up

LA Guns – St (booted from jap edition)

LA Guna – Cocked & Looaded (from jap edition)

LA Guns – Vicious Circle (from jap edition)

China – St

China – Sign in The Sky

China – Go All The Way

China – Natural Groove

220 Volt – St (from jap edition)

220 Volt – Eye to Eye (from jap edition)

220 Volt – Lethal Illusion

Steelheart – Tangled in Reins

Steelheart – Good 2 b Alive

Cowboy Prostitutes – Swingin at the Fences

and some Night Ranger albums

Why on earth are any of these being booted?

not cd,but stil...time to order that missing part for my press i think.... :christmas:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=260419509697

I guess my HEAVY LOAD c.d. is a bootleg. :crying:

sorry to disappoint ya, but actually everything from heavy load pressed on cd is bootleg. yes, even the japanese releases. let alone the other crappy one "angels in leather" with the extended versions....the band only licenced the japanese pressings on vinyl.

• 3 months later...
Any way of spotting the Casanova bootlegs? (s/t and one nigth stand)

Do you think you have one and didn't you just buy those?

i got them in a trade (so didn't shell out any $$$'s for them)

i remember reading in this thread that these had been bootlegged so was just keen to see if mine were the real thing or not. They were from a russian trader so I wouldn't be surprised if they were boots.

They were from the guy who runs this site:

http://rusmetalcd.narod.ru/

Please note, i'm NOT saying this guy has sent me boots, I was just wondering how I can tell if there are or not.

i remember reading in this thread that these had been bootlegged so was just keen to see if mine were the real thing or not. They were from a russian trader so I wouldn't be surprised if they were boots.

Please note, i'm NOT saying this guy has sent me boots, I was just wondering how I can tell if there are or not.

don't know, the answer as usual is hidden in the matrix number....but seeing some of the wants of this guy, i have to say that some cds exist only in his imagination.....

don't know, the answer as usual is hidden in the matrix number....but seeing some of the wants of this guy, i have to say that some cds exist only in his imagination.....

i think that one of them i looked at actually had the catalogue number as the matrix number.

is this usual? I didn't think the catalogue # and the matrix number were actually the same. Althouhg I never really look too closely at this sorta stuff....

i think that one of them i looked at actually had the catalogue number as the matrix number.

is this usual? I didn't think the catalogue # and the matrix number were actually the same. Althouhg I never really look too closely at this sorta stuff....

difficult to tell in general....but most bootlegs have the artist's name+ title as matrix....

edit: for example force 3-warrior of light original has this matrix: MASTERED BY NIMUS 790-060-3050 (V)

the bootleg(sold by a famous here german seller) has this matrix: force 3- warrior of light

• 3 weeks later...

I think that the original CDs never have the same catalogue and matrix number.I will create a post where I'll try to explain how you can see if a CD is bootleg or not.

• My Little Pony
I think that the original CDs never have the same catalogue and matrix number.I will create a post where I'll try to explain how you can see if a CD is bootleg or not.

I'm interested.

As talkin about the CASANOVA "Same" CD: The Matrix from the original is 903174215-2 RSA. The catalog number is 9031-74215-2 . See pic below

casanova.jpg