Films That-

Wotty

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While re-reading this thread I just thought of another one that choked me up years ago: "Adam," an early '80s TV-Movie about the disappearance of Adam Walsh, which became one of the first majorly high profile missing child cases. Daniel J. Travanti (of "Hill St. Blues" fame) played John Walsh (the guy who's host of "America's Most Wanted" nowadays) and I will never forget the scene when he gets the phone call that they found his son... or should I say, part of him. (Adam's head was found in a ditch but the rest of his body was never recovered). The funeral scene in that film is absolutely heart breaking. I was about fourteen years old when I saw it and not only did I cry like a baby, it haunted me for a very long time.

Lord knows how I'd react to it now that I'm a father of two!! I'd probably bawl all the way thru it!! :crying:

• 2 months later...
Michael Keaton had a movie several years ago(don't remember the name) where

he is dying and he videos messages of himself for his kid , I can't remember the whole story but...damn I cried so hard...

My Life

Sad film

he is dying and he videos messages of himself for his kid , I can't remember the whole story but...damn I cried so hard...

My Life

Sad film

Thanks Faron...I could not remember the title at all...

very sad film... :crying:

My Life

Sad film

My pleasure Eric :tumbsup:

My Life

Sad film

My pleasure Eric :tumbsup:

See how he gets pleasure in making you sad...it's a sick world we live in :christmas:

A year ago my wife and I were watching THE NOTEBOOK. At the end of the movie when the couple died, I turned to my wife who was in tears. I mean Niagra Falls running down her face. I held her in my arms and said to her "Is this the part where they come back to life and feed on the living?)

She elbowed me in the ribs, call me a heartless bastard and didn't talk to me for the rest of the night.

Needless to say, we don't have movie night anymore. :banana:

Oh Yeah!

Very sad movie.

If I were a woman, I would have cried! :unsure:

A year ago my wife and I were watching THE NOTEBOOK. At the end of the movie when the couple died, I turned to my wife who was in tears. I mean Niagra Falls running down her face. I held her in my arms and said to her "Is this the part where they come back to life and feed on the living?)

She elbowed me in the ribs, call me a heartless bastard and didn't talk to me for the rest of the night.

Needless to say, we don't have movie night anymore. :banana:

Oh Yeah!

Very sad movie.

If I were a woman, I would have cried! :unsure:

:rofl2: You heartless bastard! :tumbsup:

What no Titanic? I though for sure you guys would get choked up when Leonardo DeCapricock dies at the end.

Don't even get me STARTED on Titanic. I actually enjoyed that movie when I first saw it in theatres, I took my wife (who was still my girlfriend then) to see it. But when that f**king movie first premiered on HBO about a year later she watched it SO many g*ddamn times that I never, ever, EVER want to see it again... and I swear I WILL punch Leonardo in the face if I ever meet him in person. :angry:

Then my brother had to add insult to injury by buying her "Titanic" on DVD for Christmas a couple of years ago. I was like "Gee, THANKS bro!" :angry:

Yea I saw Titanic once on VHS and feel NO Urge to put that tape in again.. And if You get first punch on Leonardo, I Get seconds.... :tumbsup:

Now then, movies that choke Me up a bit...

ET...

Beaches [i REFUSE to watch is again...]

Schindlers List...

Passion of the Christ..[shaddup.... :whistle: ]

Jerry McGuire

What no Titanic? I though for sure you guys would get choked up when Leonardo DeCapricock dies at the end.

Don't even get me STARTED on Titanic. I actually enjoyed that movie when I first saw it in theatres, I took my wife (who was still my girlfriend then) to see it. But when that f**king movie first premiered on HBO about a year later she watched it SO many g*ddamn times that I never, ever, EVER want to see it again... and I swear I WILL punch Leonardo in the face if I ever meet him in person. :angry:

Then my brother had to add insult to injury by buying her "Titanic" on DVD for Christmas a couple of years ago. I was like "Gee, THANKS bro!" :angry:

Yea I saw Titanic once on VHS and feel NO Urge to put that tape in again.. And if You get first punch on Leonardo, I Get seconds.... :tumbsup:

Now then, movies that choke Me up a bit...

ET...

Beaches [i REFUSE to watch is again...]

Schindlers List...

Passion of the Christ..[shaddup.... :whistle: ]

Jerry McGuire

I bought Beaches on dvd and have yet to watch it again as I blubbered through it, good film too :tumbsup:

Not necessarily a movie, but it gets me every time. Remember the "Band of Brothers" series on HBO, and now they show it sometimes on the History Channel? Well, there's this one episode where Easy Company is going through some little town in Germany and finds something that resembles a POW camp. At first they're not really sure what's going on there, but then they get a look at the people inside and realize what they've found. Broke my heart the first time I saw it, and every time it was on after that, I had to just leave the room. Such a sad, painful scene... :crying:

"Always" by Spielberg, starring: Holly Hunter, Richard Dreyfuss, John Goodman. That one gets me every time. Can't stop sobbing whenever I watch it. And I've watched it several times :crying:

Probably the only movie that brings a tear in my eye. :(

Don`t remember much about this one, been a long time since I`ve seen it, will have to watch this again :unsure:

"Always" by Spielberg, starring: Holly Hunter, Richard Dreyfuss, John Goodman. That one gets me every time. Can't stop sobbing whenever I watch it. And I've watched it several times :crying:

Don`t remember much about this one, been a long time since I`ve seen it, will have to watch this again :unsure:

O.K.!

Time to start burying this thread :thppt: Before someone asks for a group hug!!

O.K.!

Group hug everybody! :wub:

C'mon! It IS Christmas, ya know.... :unsure:

O.K.!

Group hug everybody! :wub:

C'mon! It IS Christmas, ya know.... :unsure:

DOH!! :doh: