Hurricane Bootleg Warning

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the "Take What You Want" that I have the only letters on the clear inner ring are "CSR" with letters/numbers on the silver on the disc "25XB-308" which is readable from both sides. I don't see any other letters/numbers on or near the inner ring. I hope this helps some! :drink:

Well than I probably have a boot then. I really want to know where Sam got these so I can take legal action against those fuckers.

All Hurricane cd's I had were legit. And the original Hurricane cd's DO have "made by Discovery systems" on the inner ring. Please do your homework.

Well then who is correct????

I read on the Lonnie thread that someone knew how to get a hold of a couple of the Hurricane members...I wonder if they would have any idea.

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.ph...opic=11580&st=0

Post # 3

Action is already be taken on the Hurricane cd's.......Any that show up on Ebay will soon be shut down.......We already know the source behind these cheap imitations and legal action is pending......Jay actually got wind of this before any of the rest of us did......So all we ask is for people to be patient and not buy these as the real thing will be out very very soon......

Take care

Lon

• 2023 Gold Donors

On a sidenote, and not to take anything away from the questions at hand. After checking many of the "Over The Edge" CD's listed on eBay now, many of the track listings are wrong, probably a problem with the Muze© information. I did see one from a seller from Greece that has a total different bar code number than the one I have! :angry: The bar code number the seller: hawk_257 has for the "Over The Edge" CD is from the Japanese import version. I think this seller has been mentioned before in another or other threads as well. Buyer beware.....

On the "Take What You Want" that I have the only letters on the clear inner ring are "CSR" with letters/numbers on the silver on the disc "25XB-308" which is readable from both sides. I don't see any other letters/numbers on or near the inner ring. I hope this helps some! :drink:

Anyone else with an original confirm these #'s? That would be a big help to sorting this mess out.

Buy for the music - not for re-selling or labels and you won't have any problems will you? It's a simple solution.

Can of worms......

Oh and I NEVER said the WorkForce cd was released in 1969 - I said one of the songs was written in 1969 (and is true) but it's pretty typical for someone to misinterpret what I say.

Don't like , Don't buy.

Sam, that's such a horse-shit cop out it's hillarious. If people were up front & honest about exactly what they were selling in the first place, these problems wouldn't exist, would they? Believe it or not, there are some people out there who want the genuine article...not some piece of shit knock off that's being passed off as the real thing.

...and I do not want those people buying from me - which is why many people from this forum are blocked permanently.

Well than I probably have a boot then. I really want to know where Sam got these so I can take legal action against those fuckers.

I'm sorry for you eagles, but if your copy lacks the IFPI number the &then reported than your copy is probably the Greek bootleg which came in circulation last year.

Sam, that's such a horse-shit cop out it's hillarious. If people were up front & honest about exactly what they were selling in the first place, these problems wouldn't exist, would they? Believe it or not, there are some people out there who want the genuine article...not some piece of shit knock off that's being passed off as the real thing.

I agree. My problem with bootlegs has been less about the nature of them than sellers not revealing what they are selling and the expectations of the buyer. I shouldn't have to PM a seller and ask if a disc is a bootleg, especially if you consider that most sellers will either (1) lie to you or (2) be hostile about the question.

It's to the point where you have to assume that any rare disc is a bootleg until proven otherwise, instead of the other way around.

Of course sellers will never candidly admit or reveal their merchandise as being bootlegs voluntarily. That would be like a burglar ringing the doorbell first: it sure as hell isn't in their best interest...

Sam's response is one you would expect: he deflects the question back into your lap, making it your fault or problem as the buyer, rather than his responsibility as a seller. Nothing new.

The never-ending supply of Wraith soundtracks he sells are another prime example.

Oh well, this is an age-old argument that we'll never see a resolution to...

-Dan

That's right Dan - and isn't it amazing how nobody has ever complained about those discs? Because the MAJORITY of true music fans buy for music , not for other bullshit reasons. Bottom line - I cater to those people , not the anal collectors - which is why I am the top hard rock / metal seller in the USA.

I am really sick of this argument.....so give it a rest already.

God damn, another Hurricane tibacle. I purchased a copy of Take What You Want from Sam last December...I'll have to check it out when I get home. I swear to Christ if it's a boot...heads will fucking roll...if I find out I spent $80 on a fuckin' boot I will flip, I'm going to want to know where Sam got these copies from. Let's just say the authorities will be involved ASAP!!!!

I'm sure it isn't, Sam seems pretty knowledgeable about this stuff. I will check just to be sure.

Totally legit Eagles. And please don't mention the word "authorities" - I have heard that line for 7 years and it means diddly.

Sam wouldn't knowingly sell a boot would he? If so what should a boot sell for? I want to give him the benefit of the doubt before making accusing anyone of selling a boot. The last thing I want to do is make enemies.

Every Hurricane cd I have sold is the real deal......and that amounts to about 10 in 7 years.

I'm sorry for you eagles, but if your copy lacks the IFPI number the &then reported than your copy is probably the Greek bootleg which came in circulation last year.

All I want to know is where Sam got these copies, he might have been fooled as well. I suppose selling boots in Greece is a legal business. Come on is a boot really worth $80 I don't think so, if Sam really known they were a boot do you think he would sell them at such a high price.

What you have is the other version.

Please people - there are TWO versions of TAKE WHAT YOU WANT. Do your homework and get it right.

All I want to know is where Sam got these copies, he might have been fooled as well. I suppose selling boots in Greece is a legal business. Come on is a boot really worth $80 I don't think so, if Sam really known they were a boot do you think he would sell them at such a high price.

Eagles - I guarantee you that I have NEVER sold a Greek boot of that album - I would lay my life down on that statement.

God damn, another Hurricane tibacle. I purchased a copy of Take What You Want from Sam last December...I'll have to check it out when I get home. I swear to Christ if it's a boot...heads will fucking roll...if I find out I spent $80 on a fuckin' boot I will flip, I'm going to want to know where Sam got these copies from. Let's just say the authorities will be involved ASAP!!!!

I'm sure it isn't, Sam seems pretty knowledgeable about this stuff. I will check just to be sure.

I just checked my copy and it says Discovery on the inside of mine...so I think I'm good.

Unfortunately, that isn't the litmus test for this cd...both my boots had that on it as well... :angry:

Matt / Jarred,

What particular things should we all be looking for as far as identifying these Hurricane boots? Is there any noticable difference in the CD itself between an original & the boot, or is it strictly down to inferior artwork?

Mike

The one thing I remember about Matt's that made it obvious is the back part of the front insert. Very unclear and shitty looking. Plus like he said, it smelled very new for being 20+ years old. Hope that helps...

JL

The 25XD is a Japanese copy.

JL

Every Hurricane cd I have sold is the real deal......and that amounts to about 10 in 7 years.

Sam, not to start a pissing war but I know this statement isn't true. I'm not saying you sold fakes, but you had a Hurricane cd up for auction almost every week there for a while.

JL

Eagles - I guarantee you that I have NEVER sold a Greek boot of that album - I would lay my life down on that statement.

Thanks Sam I believe you. My inserts look really clear and didn't have that new smell to them, mine even had a couple of cracks in the back of the jewel case so it didn't look fresh off of the press.

Sam, not to start a pissing war but I know this statement isn't true. I'm not saying you sold fakes, but you had a Hurricane cd up for auction almost every week there for a while.

JL

You are incorrect JL , I have never sold Hurricane "Take What You Want" on a weekly basis. I'd lay my life down for that statement as well.

Thanks Sam I believe you. My inserts look really clear and didn't have that new smell to them, mine even had a couple of cracks in the back of the jewel case so it didn't look fresh off of the press.

Thanks. Maybe others will also realize that as well. Like I said , all re-issues that I sell are clearly stated as re-issues.

...and I do not want those people buying from me - which is why many people from this forum are blocked permanently.

Well, since I only collect the real thing, I wouldn't be buying your stuff anyway...

More lies...you sold that many over a span of a couple months last summer.

All I want to know is where Sam got these copies, he might have been fooled as well.

Don't kid yourself...Sam knew exactly what he had when he was selling these.

Well, since I only collect the real thing, I wouldn't be buying your stuff anyway...

....and good luck finding the "real thing" of bands like Mariah , Defcon , XL New York , Mass , and tons of others that were never before released on cd......oh but you somehow got some of those didn't you Choc?

:lol:

Dude - you are 100% full of shit. Get your facts right. Man , this gets really old - but it really is expected from you Choc (one of the envious detractors / unbelievers I always mention)......

And yeh I knew I had found a fucking gold mine when raiding certain pawn shops in certain cities....

The greatest thrill I get is knowing that a select few of you hate everything I stand for and have tried to bring me down over and over and over. And it's all in vain isn't it?

The fact that I have the power that I do just grates your nerves doesn't it? I fucking love that.

To my loyal buyers - YOU I respect and you know what I'm about. You are my friends.

....and good luck finding the "real thing" of bands like Mariah , Defcon , XL New York , Mass , and tons of others that were never before released on cd......oh but you somehow got some of those didn't you Choc?

Dude - you are 100% full of shit. Get your facts right. Man , this gets really old - but it really is expected from you Choc (one of the detractors / unbelievers I always mention)......

First off, the 2 Retrospect cd's I do own I got through a trade, as you should know since you & a certain someone seem to still be buddies.

And there are at least 2 people on this board who remember you selling the Hurricane cd's on a weekly basis, but we're both full of shit...please.

This whole thing started because a Hurricane cd I just bought that IS A BOOT came from you...end of story.

I just received some more info...apparently the REAL domestic pressings of "Take What You Want" have this number on the inner ring:

DIDY-003098

Dude - you are 100% full of shit. Get your facts right. Man , this gets really old - but it really is expected from you Choc (one of the detractors / unbelievers I always mention)......

First off, the 2 Retrospect cd's I do own I got through a trade, as you should know since you & a certain someone seem to still be buddies.

And there are at least 2 people on this board who remember you selling the Hurricane cd's on a weekly basis, but we're both full of shit...please.

This whole thing started because a Hurricane cd I just bought that IS A BOOT came from you...end of story.

I just received some more info...apparently the REAL domestic pressings of "Take What You Want" have this number on the inner ring:

DIDY-003098

Choc - the 2 people are unreliable sources.

And that Hurricane cd didn't come from me - I have NEVER sold a greek boot of that cd - EVER. Got it? End of story.

Choc - the 2 people are unreliable sources.

Sam, if you are talking about unreliable concerning whether or not you have sold many Hurricanes over the years, you would be incorrect.

JL

Please people - there are TWO versions of TAKE WHAT YOU WANT. Do your homework and get it right.

That's becoming abundently clear...the original version & the boots you've been contaminating the scene with. :P

And that Hurricane cd didn't come from me - I have NEVER sold a greek boot of that cd - EVER. Got it? End of story.

I was just relaying a message that was sent to me. What...did this guy just pluck your name out of thin air?

I was referring to the Japanese and American versions of that cd. But I don't expect a moron like you to understand that since you have always been clueless about the music scene.

My mistake...then there are 3 versions out there.... ;)

DIDY-003098

Retraction...this number refers to the "Over The Edge" cd, NOT "Take What You Want". Does anybody have a legit domestic copy of "Take What You Want" that they could post the info on?

• 2023 Gold Donors

A point of clarification on my behalf........

My domestic edition of "Take What You Want" has no writing on the inner clear plastic ring. On the silver (song title side of disc) near the clear plastic is "1-1 Capitol Jax 1 C" with additional letters/numbers in reverse.

My "Over The Edge" edition states on the clear plastic inner ring "Made in USA - Digital Audio Disc Corp." & on the silver surface near the clear plastic is "DIDY-003098 1".

Since I'm posting this info & for this interested.....my edition of "Slave to the Thrill" there is no writing on the inner clear plastic ring & on the silver surface near the plastic ring it states: "Mastered by Nimbus" & "73511-2 (V)."

End of Hurricane info from the originals that I have & my time here/on this! :drink: