Any Shield Fans?/

Leykis101

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Think either Ronnies and Shane are gonna kill Vic together, or Vic, Shane, and Mara are really on the good with each other, and have just been going thru the motions, until everthing is in the clear, but either way, Billings is gonna get even with Dutch for ratting him out, he has to, thats Billings whole schtick!

Like most final eipisodes it was good but was not great. The Shane thing really shocked me, really shocked me.

I hated to see Ronnie go down and Vic not be able to do anything to help him.

And the ending like most shows endings was pretty damn lame, it was almost like Vic was in more of a hell in that new job than he would of been if he was in prison, which I guess was the point. I would of rather seen some big twist like Acevada or Claudette killing Vic.

A lot of things I've read, about how there were little ironic twists, like Wes said, about Vic being in possibly his worst, private hell, but I too, for as awesome as this season was, can't help but feel a little let down with this episode.

Other than the Shane/family thing and watching Ronnie get put away, there weren't TOO many powerful moments. (Shane's phone conversation with Vic was good too.)

I was really hoping there would be some HUGE shock at the end. (I'd hoped that it was going to be Vic helping Ronnie get away, maybe even to his own detriment, because he felt bad about how he'd done Ronnie wrong with the deal.)

A lot of things I've read, about how there were little ironic twists, like Wes said, about Vic being in possibly his worst, private hell, but I too, for as awesome as this season was, can't help but feel a little let down with this episode.

Other than the Shane/family thing and watching Ronnie get put away, there weren't TOO many powerful moments. (Shane's phone conversation with Vic was good too.)

I was really hoping there would be some HUGE shock at the end. (I'd hoped that it was going to be Vic helping Ronnie get away, maybe even to his own detriment, because he felt bad about how he'd done Ronnie wrong with the deal.)

He should of told Ronnie to run right after that bust or at least after he found out that is wife had sold him out.

He should of told Ronnie to run right after that bust or at least after he found out that is wife had sold him out.

I agree. I mean, he's already paid a HUGE price to keep himself clean and after he found out he'd not get to see his kids (seriously, we know Vic is connected all over Farmington and that he'd probably keep on trying to find them, but how connected would he be nationally to know they moved out to Illinois?), why not at least keep his word. Maybe he feeds Ronnie some info and doesn't get caught and still has his freedom. Maybe he helps Ronnie and gets caught, but at least he can live with himself on those terms.

I felt really bad for Ronnie. Along with Lem, definitely not the worst guy from the Strike Team, but gets royally screwed over for being the loyal lieutenant and carrying out the dirty work for the Team.

I'm wondering if they left so many things open-ended so they could revisit this with a big-screen finale or one big made-for-TV movie. Cause, while it was a good episode, I don't know that it works, finale-wise.

Wow I am still in a lil bit of shock aftwer watching the finale last night... Sure it wasn't incredibly awesome, and yea I do feel slightly let down, but still it was good...

I agree, Vic is now in His own private hell with His new job... Now, about how it ended?? With Vic pulling out His gun?? Was I the only one that thought, maybe He'd blow His brains out instead of living that life??? THAT woulda been one hell of a shock if He did..... Instead He just stared at it and tucked it in the back of His pants and left, and then it ended....

I was also shocked about what happened with Shane.. For those WWE fans, He basically pulled a Chris Benoit, killing His wife and kid before killing Himself.... I was not expecting that at all..... I was really hoping He would spend the rest of His life in Jail, along with that stupid bitch of a wife.....

And yea it sucked seeing Ronnie going down, and Vic couldn't do anything to help Him.... He pretty much lied to Ronnie, saying they would BOTH get immunity, all along knowing Ronnie wasn't gonna get it, only He was......

Now there's no more new episodes of the Shield... and I am sad..... :crying:

But I DO have the first 6 seasons on DVD and will buy the final season when it comes out.. Sometime next year..... :tumbsup:

You guys are thinking the wrong way, your looking over it instead of into it, it was never about any of the others, it became an intense character study of Vic Mackey, and only Vic Mackey!

The fact he put all the pictures out on his desk, all of his kids, accept, the one of Vic and Lem???

The final few minutes, the close up of his eyes, was a tear going to drop from those eyes? had it dropped it would have been the first genuine tears shown in the entire series,

Was his concience going to appear? No I waited, and waited, and my girlfriend thought he was going to eat a slug, when he reached down and pulled his gun out, but I told her, NO NO NO! Vic Mackey doesnt have a consceince! He didnt feel bad about Ronnie, in his mind, it's Better Him Then Me! and Vic would only be sitting their thinking of how he was going to get himself out of the cubical hell he was in, nothing less and nothing more,

The entire series was based on this cop, Vic, who learned to cut corners from whats his name? Carl Weathers, and in turn was given 3 guys that he showed the same techniques, but through those years he lost sight of what his job was, and discovered all that he could acquire having his badge, his entire existince was Deciet, Illegal, Murder, Violence, Adultry, Blackmail, Racketing, Fraud, and Any other wrong thing you can think of,

Yet we all rooted for him, cheered him on, we were rooting for the bad guy for 7 years, and his ending was just what his career was about,

Getting himself out of trouble, covering his own ass, it had just never been at the price of his team or family before, thats what I got out of it.

But it would have been cool for Vic to take Claudette out with him!

I finished watching the finale again today and I still can't figure out what town Vic's family is moved too.

The guy that's with them at the house said a name of a town when talking about the museum but it sounded like he said Berkley but I swore I read somewhere they were moved to Illinois. :unsure:

Anyway did anyone else watch the ending credits, where it shows all the scenes from over the years?

It almost brought a tear to my eye. :crying:

I'm gonna miss this show.

I finished watching the finale again today and I still can't figure out what town Vic's family is moved too.

The guy that's with them at the house said a name of a town when talking about the museum but it sounded like he said Berkley but I swore I read somewhere they were moved to Illinois. :unsure:

Anyway did anyone else watch the ending credits, where it shows all the scenes from over the years?

It almost brought a tear to my eye. :crying:

I'm gonna miss this show.

One of the things most people don't notice is the towns are all ficticious, Farmington is not really a city around L.A., when this series started they got big time slams from the L.A.P.D. saying they were trying to portrait them as Corupt Pigs, (which if any of you have lived around L.A. for any amount of time you know they are the definition of corupt) that is why they started putting the sheild on the other side of their uniforms!

Talking about the Burpee Museum, which is in Rockford, Illinois. (And, which is also where Shawn Ryan is from.)

Talking about the Burpee Museum, which is in Rockford, Illinois. (And, which is also where Shawn Ryan is from.)

Aha that makes sense. :drink:

I got a basketball and academic scholarship offer from Rockford College but didn't go for some reason.

Aha that makes sense. :drink:

I got a basketball and academic scholarship offer from Rockford College but didn't go for some reason.

Hey! I got a baseball scholarship to Arizona State, and went and got fucked up on coke, and didnt even register, that's a trip, I wonder how many people on here were succesfull athletes that for one reason or another realised the sheer stupidity in pursuing athletics past high school? maybe somebody should start a thread.